Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son went to this school for less than 1 year. He was bullied so badly that we are still dealing with the ramifications of it 2 years later. The entire last month of school I had to spend the entire day with him in class just to keep him there, then the bully tried to push around other kids which I had to stop because the staff didn't. I tried to get a meeting with the bully's parents and Ms. Parsons told me they were taking care of the problem and that I couldn't have a conference with them. If I could, I would sue the school and Ms. Parsons personally for the emotional damage that was done to my son. He makes one little mistake or someone looks at him sideways and he flips out. Even though he went to a wonderful school the last 2 years where he loved the staff and they love him too I have to home school him now because his breakdowns are so severe. If your kid is a bully this is a great school because only the victim is punished otherwise watch out.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

HA! Really, my son's teacher kept harping on the kids to look words up and when she finally spelled one on the board for them she spelled tsunami, sunamy after I had already told several students how to spell it correctly.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Really? What homework? It's a joke, they are just going through the motions. Need more words here my explanations is not long enough.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They don't develop any of those things in the students, they seem to believe in survival of the fittest.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The teachers are getting bullied by the principle. They cannot do what is required of them because they fear for their job.

Mrs. Prosen, principle at Parson Elementary has started off the school year great. Every morning she asks the students who did there reading homework which, I love because it keeps kids and parents on their toes to keep up every day. Plus, she spot lights each class who have perfect attendance. The kids have goals every week and I love how she gets the whole school involved. Thanks Mrs. Prosen! Please keep up the great work you've been doing for our kids school.

Mrs. Kulin is an amazing teacher as well as all the staff at Parsons elementary. Although I was only in her classroom for brief moments it was enough to give her my upmost respect. Mrs. Prosen the principle was always always available and attended each and every function. I saw her every single day. The tears we all shared at my daughters kindergarten promotion just confirmed their love and care for all children. All of the staff at Parsons elementary truly invest in our children, parents just have to do their part

My grandson is in Kindergarten at Parsons. My son received an email on Friday at 4:18 stating my grandson would not be able to attend school on Monday unless his shots were updated. Monday I brought his paperwork showing he was current. They would not accept the paper work. I went to the doctors office at 9:00 Monday morning and got an update and brought it to the school. They accepted the paperwork and I left,15 minutes later I received a call from my son saying I had to pick up my grandson or he would have to take off work to go get him because the school said my grandson still needed 1 shot. I returned to the school and told them I would take him to get the shot on Tuesday since there was no school on Tuesday. They said NO, he could not stay for the remaining of the day. On Tuesday I got his shot. On Wednesday I requested a meeting with the Principal to discuss her policy about the short notice. I told her his doctor was not open over the weekend. She said she doesn't know if my pediatrician is open over the weekend but I could take him to the Health Department Clinic. I was not impressed at all. I have never seen such uncaring and unprofessional behavior at a school.

Parson used to be a school with high expectations both academically and behaviorally. The new principal at the school is awful! She has created a hostile environment where neither students nor teachers feel comfortable attending. About 16 teachers are leaving the school this year. Many strong, supportive parents/families are pulling their kids out and taking them other schools. It's a shame what the new principal has done to the school. I hope her reign is short!

I am the parent of a Third grade student that has done nothing but struggle this year at Parson Emementary. She gets bullied and her grades are getting worse as the year goes on. I have tried talking to her Teacher and Principal and get no help. I was told to have my child focas on good things instead.

Last modified Claude & Stella Parson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.