Las Vegas, NV

Posted November 22, 2013
John F. Mendoza Elementary School is an excellent school. It was the only school to attend the annual NV PEP Bully Walk on September 29, 2013, in which I attended with my children. Parents are most welcome at Mendoza and teachers are at high levels of teaching with the great leadership of the the principal. It saddens me when I see ratings such as the one on 11/12/13. What would happen if parents were surveyed and rated on their parenting skills? One of the major issues facing CCSD and schools like Mendoza are the lack of parental involvement from families and/or the ineffective parenting skills that parents have. Mendoza is a great school with high levels of academics and where ongoing social skills training occurs. The school counselor is awesome and available to staff, parents and students for a variety of issues like bullying. In short, be a role model, practice what you preach, and what have you done to provide solutions to your problems at Mendoza? Is the grass really greener on the other side? Something to think about as you were in haste to judge this school and its staff. As a parent, I enjoy being at Mendoza and learning how to be a better parent and human being.

Posted August 28, 2013
I have had all three of my kids go though this school from K on. The office staff is the best. Thank you for many years of great service.

Posted February 14, 2013
The entire school community at John F. Mendoza Elementary School is amazing! Even when times are tough, the entire staff are truly committed to high-quality education at Mendoza. Bravo! Keep up the increased test scores and overall upward student achievement. You are in the right direction!

John F Mendoza Elementary School 3

Posted October 03, 2012
My daughter has been going to this school for 2 years and this luckly is her last year at this school.Thank Goodness!!!The teacher are nice and caring.Office staff and Principal are rude.First time I every came in office and needed to talk to the nurse the ladies in the front just looked at me and ignored me,I ask for the pricipal he came in the office and just looked at me and gave a crazy look which I didnt appricate.I was in shocked. Bad leadership.

John F Mendoza Elementary School 4

Posted November 09, 2011
My son has attended Mendoza for 3 years. His teachers all seem to be very caring and I'm pleased with them. As for the office staff they are THE WORST!!!!! I have been to the office twice and I was treated like dirt once & saw a girl treated like dirt the second time. If I was to treat a guest at the casino this way I'm sure I'd be written up! Teachers need to teach them how to speak to parents & help the children. I understand dealing with kids is not always easy, but what job is? Other then that this school is good.They always have after school programs which is great.

John F Mendoza Elementary School 0

Posted October 12, 2010
This is the most caring school in Las Vegas, from the Principal to the Janitor - they all care about the students and their grades.

Posted January 26, 2009

John F Mendoza Elementary School 0

Posted October 07, 2008
Iam new to the district and it is my grand child attending but so far i like what i have seen and that is a huge compliment coming from me, because i feel that the schools all across america have failed our children it is not the parents fault, it is on the fault of the educators that kids are dropping out of school like flies . when i was a child my educators were so good i can still at my age remember their names.

John F Mendoza Elementary School 3

Posted January 08, 2008
The staff is wonderful I give them 5 stars the Principal gets also 5 stars. What I believe needs alot of improvement is the ESL programs.

Posted October 31, 2007
The school is managed by the principal in a very organized and proficient manner. She is easily accessible and responsive to the needs of the students, parents and staff. Mrs. Evans has worked tirelessly to improve student achievement and maintain high educational standards at Mendoza ES.

John F Mendoza Elementary School
2000 South Sloan Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89142
Last modified John F Mendoza Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John F Mendoza Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top