Bad
Good

Undoubtedly, Jacobson Elementary School's teachers and principal, are the finest group of highly-qualified professionals who help ALL children learn.

I love this school. My son just graduated from Jacobson and is going on to Johnson. His teachers Mr. Navarro, Mrs. Wilson, Mrs. Mercado and Ms. Steidl were amazing. They are all stellar teachers. Ms. Steidl especially really cares about the kids and helped my son through a very tough time. Ms. Brookins runs a tight ship and it shows in the behavior of the kids. I can only hope we will get the same treatment from next years teachers!

This school is the best my son has been here since 2009 and he loves the school he is now in 4th grade ready to go to 5th grade!

We were a little skeptical when first sending our now 3rd-grader to Jacobson, as she was in a private school for Kindergarten and 1st grade. From all of the negative comments from local parents to the bad state stastics on the public school system (particularly Southern Nevada), we were worried about the effect ad outcome it would have on our first-born. I am happy to report that Jacobson has proved all that wrong :) Our daughter's teachers over the past two grades - 2nd and 3rd (Ms. Barrett, Ms. McDonald and Ms. Gashi) are EXCELLENT! We couldn't be more happy with them or the school. The principle, Ms. Brookins, is fantastic as well. All of them are VERY involved with the students and care about them and their education. The kids are rewarded for their hard work with a variety of methods (school-cash to spend on needed and/or fun items, award assemblies that parents can go to, etc.) The kids truly must EARN this too (no "everybody gets a trophy" mentality, thankfully!) ... Thank you to all the teachers and staff at Jacobson for proving themselves and standing WELL above the state statistic! We are thankful for you and all of your hard work! :)

This school is AMAZING I don't care what anyone says! I have been bringing my children here for going on 7 years now! Ms. Brookins has definitely brought a lot more organization to this school she is wonderful!! The complete staff is great! The only issue has been w the parents and there lack of responsibility as far as parking and using the crosswalks properly however our new watch dog program is definitely helping to fix this problem! Thank you to all the staff at Jacobson for your continuous hard work in educating our children!! My son graduates from this school next year and were all going to be sad when our journey here is over

Jacobson Elementary has improved drastically in the last three years. I had, 5 years ago, had my daughter in the Kindergaten at Jacobson but felt the teacher was just going through the motions and detested her job. The adminstration seemed to feel similarly. I pulled her out for two years and put her in another school. When we returned to the area I spoke to the new staff before seeking a zone varience and was pleasantly surprised to find things had changed. Now I have two children in Jacobson and have had great experiences with; Mrs. Durante, Mrs. Skandros, Mrs. Corralez and Bonasera, as well as Mr Navarro. I would not reccommend Mrs. Miller. I am also happy to say that the current Principal, Ms. Brookins is fantastic and the reason Jacobson staff are happier and now Jaconson is a Gold Star Title 1 School.

I love this school they are amazing. My daughters teacher Mrs. Kristasik is very hands on with the kids. My daughter is now reading a level higher.

No classroom stability, subs all the time. Maybe homework or maybe not!! This school has really gone down hill over the past few years and i am not the only parent that feels this way.

I love Jacobson my son's teach Mr. Navarro works great with my son , that is something that we have not had in his previous schools . My son is now more confident in what he does and I am very happy with what my sons teacher has done with him.

I believe that the teachers, parents and support staff are outstanding with true heart and concern for the students and community. Unfortunately, the administration does not follow suit. The leadership is completely lacking in maintaining an optimal learning environment. The administration undermines the hard work and efforts of everyone else. The communication is poor and problems are handled with anger and hostility. They lead with lack of interest in whats best for the children, it is a terrible shame.

Last modified Walter Jacobson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.