Bad
Good

Posted September 26, 2015
My son is getting picked on by the teacher everything something happening between him and another student my son is the one who's in trouble not the other kids I get calls from his teacher and I'm like this enough either switch his class or I'm taking Him the hell up out of that school

Posted April 07, 2015
This is the worst school my daughter has been to.I have not once had a parent/teacher conference and school year is almost over. Worst teacher he has no communication skills and is very unprofessional.

Posted January 15, 2015
This is the worst school that my child has ever attended. I wish I would have lied about our address and keep her in her previous school. No teacher involved learning (or at least not for the older kids). No accountability for the teachers. RUDE office staff. All these other post say if the parents would just get involved the school would be so much better...trust me I've tried. The school doesn't want parent involvment. They want robot teachers and robot students and parents who need to be "ok" with that.

Posted November 20, 2014
My child had her recess taken away from her because the rest of her Kindergarten class was talking during class time. I complained and spoke with the principal she said she would check on it and call me right back. She never called me and now the teacher threats the Kindergartners recess doe a week if they don't be quite. Horrible school.

Posted March 10, 2014
The school is a prime example of why Teachers unions are such a bad idea.. Kids are being forced to hold their bladder until they have an embarrassing accident... Forced to eat out of the trash...special ed LOSES students, and, before this review was written, fed the kids junk food. The only response to my review was a lawsuit threat from a rogue teacher.... School has no principal, or the vice principal is screening for him or her. Far too many rogue employees.

Posted August 25, 2013
RUDE FRONT OFFICE STAFF- ESPECIALLY ELLEN OR HELEN, WHAT EVER HER NAME IS. RUDE, MEAN, UNCARING!! VICE-PRINCIPAL IS VERY NICE, THE PRINCIPAL IS UNREACHABLE, BECAUSEIF HELEN DECIDES IT'S NOT IMPORTANT SHE WILL NEVER GET THE MESSAGE. GREAT TEACHERS I WORKED WITH: MS. NAKANO WHO IS NO LONGER THERE, MS. BAKER PRE-K PRORAM. MS. BOYLE WAS OK , JUST NO PERSONALITY, BUT MY CHILD DID WELL. NO PARENT INVOLVEMENT, ONLY HIGH ACHIEVERS WIL SURVIVE HERE....I AM A BELEIVER, THAT EDUCATION STARTS IN THE HOME, LETS NOT EXPECT THE TEACHERS TO DO EVERYTHING.....WHEN I REQUESTED A ZONE VARIANCE, THEY DID NOT GRANT IT TO ME. GLAD THEY DIDN'T - Found a way better Charter school..

Posted November 18, 2011
The worst Office staff I have ever had to deal with. Even when answering the phone they are completely rude to you. The Teachers aren't to bad and some are even great there. If they only fired their Office staff and replaced them with hard working friendly people the School wouldn't so bad. I've been there for 2 years and have two children there. Never have I seen the Principal once in the last two years, We go to just about every School event too. I will say the Vice-Principal is at everything and is a very nice and seems to be hard working person. This is the first School I've ever been to where the parents aren't involved either. They have no PTA due to the fact no one joins it and will help the School improve. Not the best group of parents at this School. Therefore they have fewer family events but do try to do somethings for the kids at least.

Cynthia Cunningham Elementary School

Posted May 18, 2010
Cynthia Cunningham is a wonderful school! My husband and I are getting divorced and the teachers and principal did a zone variance for both my girls (kindergarten & pre-k). This is a wonderful thing since their whole world is in an uproar.

Cynthia Cunningham Elementary School 4

Posted July 21, 2008
I have two children that attend Cunningham and would like to say that I think that the teachers are great! Since the previous two reviews were written there has been an 80% change of staff. The new principal is great. She attends every PTA meeting and keeps the parents that are involved informed of the school's happenings. I would like to say that I am extremely disappointed by the number of parents involved. The PTA consists of 2 parents and teachers. If we had more parent involvement I think that everyone would benefit! They even moved to evening meetings to try and get more parents involved.

Cynthia Cunningham Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2006
My child has attended Cunningham for 2 years now, it seems to be an average school. The only negative things were bullying, which was settled (for now) and the continuing problem of the behavior/attitude of one of the SafeKey staff. I also don't like the fact that the programs that the kids put on aren't offered for evening performances for parents who work during the day or can't take off. One more thing-the last minute notices that we receive regarding events. We need more notice to plan or make arrangements. Other than that, my child has had great teachers so far and I'm hoping continued success and improvement.

Cynthia Cunningham Elementary School
4145 Jimmy Durante, Las Vegas, NV  89122
Last modified Cynthia Cunningham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cynthia Cunningham Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top