Bad
Good

WORST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T GO THERE EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER

I recently visited and helped out in a first grade class room. I was very impressed with the teacher. He was able to maintain control of the class and still have fun with the students while educating them. I got to see how the other 1st grade teachers all look after the students and work as a team. The teachers and students were very polite and the atmosphere was very friendly. The murals and decorations of children's art work decorated the hallways. Everyone I met was helpful and kind, from the office staff to the Vice Principle and Principle to the Janitors and the teachers.

This school is probably the worst elementary school on the Sunrise Mountain. All of them are no better then each other, but this school takes the cake for rudeness! My kids eat the schools breakfast and lunch EVERYDAY that school is in. I should note that I am among the rare that have to pay full price for my kids lunch. With that said on more then one occasion my kids have been told they do not get eat breakfast and they only get a grilled cheese for lunch if their mommy didn't pay their balance. Yes, I admit it gets past me and I forget, but today my son was told he couldn't have his breakfast because he owed .75 cents and took his lunch card so he couldn't get into the breakfast/lunch line. REALLY .75 cents and you take his lunch card hostage!! What's really funny about this story is if they would have checked I had already paid on this. So it wasn't the lunch staff that finally helped my son get his breakfast, it was the janitor who saw him looking sad and came over to help...THE JANITOR! Helen Herr you are by far the worst school. CCSD needs to come in and clean up this school ASAP! I can not wait to get my kids out of this hole of a school!

My kids have gone to this school for several years, my daughter did ok here with Mrs.Shepard, who was probably the best teacher this school has ever seen (she is all about education and plans on attending Harvard so she works very hard all the time) My son who is not so intent on his education is having a hard time and the teachers are horrible!! not one time this year has he gotten a " good job" or even a smile on his work!! His teacher makes him feel like a terrible student/person. She is very rude and curt about everything. We had a problem with a bully and after reporting it to teachers and principal nothing was done, I finally told my son he could fight back to protect himself. My sister also had several problems with her kids here and moved just to get them out of this school, I am doing the same soon!

Last modified Helen Herr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.