Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 19, 2015
I had 3 children enrolled at may Es and I loved the teachers for my oldest two for both school years, But for my disabled son his teacher was far from liked along with the school nurse and FASA. They had refused to give my child his seizure medication informing me I have 24 hours a day to give it to him. But he gets it on a scheduled time frame so his levels aren't low they never seemed to care until my child was taken by ambulance to the hospital. The principal was awesome she went to the hospital with my son along with his aid until I could get there. My sons teacher would complain to me almost daily on what he wouldn't do and when I asked what she was trying to get him to do so I can work on it at home with him her only response was she is not a babysitter. When I informed the office the school nurse laughted and found it hilarious. Ms. Anthony has no business being a special education teacher, it truly takes a "special person" to be a special education teacher in a classroom with 15 special needs students!!!! A lot of the staff at this school is amazing but after this last school year im moving my children.

Posted October 22, 2014
We love our school and the teachers! I have a child in 2nd and one in kindergarten. The staff is helpful and they keep us informed on everything!

Posted January 11, 2014
i love this school!!!!!!my son goes to this school and he loves it.The cafeteria is really good.And the teachers are really good.So i suggest kids this school is reallllllllllllllyyyy goooooooooooood!!!!!!!!

Posted May 26, 2009
My daughter is in kindergarten at May which is from 9am-11:40am, very short! but I have to say my daughter has learned so much even in this time frame,althought I would like it to be longer. I give alot of credit to her teacher who plans every minute of their time in class to insure they learn well.(I parent help someday's so I have see it with my own eye's.) I have friends that have kids going to all day kindergarten at different schools and my daughter is at the (same level) as those who are in school all day. so that tells me they work hard to teach, teach, teach.

Posted June 22, 2007
This is a wonderful close knit school, which in Las Vegas is hard to find. The teachers are wonderful and enthusiastic, and the parents are, for the most part, very much involved with the children and the classrooms. We are proud to be E.J. May goers!

Posted August 10, 2003
May is a great school due to its teachers and staff. In my opinion a good school can be determined by the level of parental involvement, the teachers at May welcome and invite this involvement. The teachers I have dealt with have not hesitated contacting me about my child s progress whether it be good or bad. In my situation I have a GATE student who seems to excel with ease and another who takes a bit more attention. The teachers and staff at May have been wonderful in treating both of them as equals. The children are treated as individuals and not numbers. I would like to see the District make the curriculum a bit more challenging for the children but appreciate the dedication the teachers have with the current conditions.

6350 West Washburn Road, Las Vegas, NV  89130
Last modified Ernest May Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.