Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted September 30, 2015
I have an eighth grader, it's his second year. I cannot tell you how much his confidence has grown. He's always been a great student, but very shy. Thanks to some Amazing Teachers he raises his hand and speaks his mind. I also have a sixth grader here. He's learning how to play the trumpet. Mr. Motamedy's band program is Awesome! Mrs Jacobs is Fantastic. As an Assistant Principal, she really understands the need for a parent to be their Child's Advocate!

Grateful to: School leader

Posted September 30, 2015
I'm excited about the changes the Title I has bought to the school! It's raised the bar for us as parents, my children as students, and the administration.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted September 30, 2015
That comes from a Parents, we are our Child's Advocate! It's important for a parent to work with the school, by communicating the needs of the child, supporting academic excellence and achievements

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 30, 2015
I've had a couple of issues pop up. I reached out to the Administration and it's not only been resolved, they were committed to finding solutions!!

Posted July 28, 2015
Johnson is a great school. For every review saying how rude and drama-filled the kids are, you'll find those kids everywhere. As for some of the staff members, yes there are some terrible ones that I agree need to be fired. But I advise you to give this school a chance because if you chosen the right classes and became friends with the right people, you will love this school. So please do not talk bad about this school. I went there for all three years and seen it change for the better each and every year. So write a bad review when you went there all three years , not just one.

Walter Johnson Junior High School 2

Posted April 04, 2015
Attended for three years. First off, my main problem wasn't really the teachers but the students. Even while telling many adults whether my parents or admin, I was bullied. It became easier to deal with bullies by ignoring them than to ask people for help. This statement would lead you to think that it was easy, but it made my life an inescapable torturous daily living condition. I have to say that the teachers were really helpful. I felt very lucky with the teachers I had, they always motivated the unmotivated (including me) to go do things. Looking back from high school I saw the potential that the teachers saw in myself. I'm convinced though that without parental guidance I may not be as successful as I am now. To backtrack it was my parents who motivated my teachers to motivate me. Even still, I felt like I was drowning in their work. I would complete assignments never motivated to reach the next one and never saw a clear path for my success. The administration did their job perfectly. My definition of perfect fits right into the CCSD definition of perfect. Perfectly robotic in solving problems and disputes. Never thinking about the children, but the jobs. -Displeased Student

Walter Johnson Junior High School 2

Posted October 03, 2014
I really don't like this school. Most people are way too obsessed with drama and no one can just be nice. Yes, there are a few people who are nice but even they like to get all up in the drama. The teachers are okay. Some are really mean for no reason at all but there are also really good teachers like Mr. Walters, Ms. Chavez, and Mr. Wanemacher! And the soccer team is fun to be on (coached by Ms. Chavez). But the rest is pretty bad. The teachers never take into consideration of what we would like to learn. Its all about them. The people in the office are always really rude and have an attitude.

Walter Johnson Junior High School 1

Posted August 25, 2014
majority of these feed back is really bad!!!does anyone in this school read all these comments??this is scary!!!we parent send out kids to school to learned and be productive adults..are these teachers,principals .counselors and all staff are worth to entrust our kids??just curious..this will the the first year for my nephew to attend this school and with all these negative comments make me wonder .. do we need to contact the board of clark county school district to check all these stuff???

Walter Johnson Junior High School 1

Posted June 09, 2014
Johnson Junior High School was a very unpleasant experience. I only attended the school for three months and those were the worst three months of my life. The teachers are very dramatic, and the students are rude and careless for other people's feelings. I remember most of my teachers' could never get me to understand anything, they also would get mad and over-exaggerate over the most littlest of things. If you wanted to dress normally for one of the days you would have to pay a dollar, unlike Garside who has free dress days throughout the year. In my opinion I wish I did not attend Johnson and stayed at my old middle school. I can easily say that thanks to attending Johnson for those three months my grades dropped down to D's and F's by the end of my eighth grade year. That school is really good for nothing, and a very unpleasant atmosphere. I would not send my kids there, and I suggest you don't.

Posted May 14, 2014
Walter Johnson Junior High has easily topped my list of middle schools. Ive attended all 3 years. Honestly, I can't name one staff member I dislike . As a personal reccomendation, the best five teachers would be: Jim Loukas, the one health and PE instructor to have worked since the school opened. Mrs. Koprowski & Ms. Tishler, the 8th grade english dynamic duo. Mr. Walters, the interactive geography & history teacher. And last but not least, all three science department teachers who taught me. Mr. Wanemaker, Ms. Chavez, and Mrs. Etter. Anyone lucky enough to be taught by at least ONE of the above members deserves a great year at Johnson. Imagine how great my experience was when I was taught by ALL of them, (Except Ms. Tishler). May 14, 2014

7701 Ducharme Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89145
Last modified Walter Johnson Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.