Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Very caring administration, staff, and a majority of students are so. As with Clark County School District the administrative side is overdone. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

The education given to the students is great even if sometimes the amount of homework maybe too much. The environment sometimes can be loud after dismissal. There are a lot of smart students although I feel as if the honor students are too loaded up on homework that their social life strays away. Which causes them to be strayed away from the rest of the school's students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Teachers always pile projects upon projects and expect them to be flawless and perfect in less than a day

This is the absolute definition of a prison. So many restrictions so many punishments and bad kids and teachers and overall this school absolutely sucks. This is the worst school in Las Vegas. I got in trouble for a health condition and they tried to give me detention for FAINTING in class. The teachers don't care about the students and the staff is ridiculous they don't care about the students at all. worst school ever!

My school is great. You have nice teachers and staff. I am Freshman going to be a sophomore next year. Teachers and staff are great with some students. I like some of my teachers.

I used to go here in for one year only, and I must say it was a horrible experience. When I was bullied, no one did anything about it, when a special ed student was being constantly harassed, they let it slide, and when I had some headphones confiscated, I never got them back on the last day of school. Teachers didn't seem to care at all, either.

Cimarron is in transition and I have had nothing but positive experiences with staff, teachers and administrators. When my son has a problem, and I tell the school, it is addressed quickly and in the most professional manner. The employees there are hard working and dedicated. My son is not some cherished athlete or sought after demographic. He is one of over 2600 students which have the privilege of attending this school. for that, I am grateful.

I am a sophomore at this school and I honestly dread coming half the time. Maybe it's our school system in general but I feel as if I am being herded like a sheep. I do have a few good, caring teachers but I feel as if half the time I'm basically being told to sit down and shut up. Many of the students here simply don't care about their education and act as if they have something to prove to teachers. I recently tried discussing this with my U.S. History teacher and just when i thought it was going somewhere, he began to blame a liberal society and the students for the way Cimarron is. I laughed at him as he said it considering how ridiculous he sounded, but thinking back on what he said it is extremely sad, a school who blames it's poor performance on the students. Clearly this school needs to focus on a new approach on educating students rather than all of it's focus going toward football season. Your job is to teach and find ways to approach a student in ways they can relate and understand, not blame them for being "unteachable". I'm glad to say I will be un-enrolling from this dreadful school at the closing of this semester and enrolling in virtual high school.

This will be my third year at Cimarron, currently a junior. I've read some of the reviews, I personally don't understand why so many students feel the need to bash this school so much; ethnicity and race should have nothing to do with it. So many of them are saying they aren't getting the attention or classes they deserve when they can so easily contact the counselors we have to get it all settled. I'm currently on the "higher" side of the educations with Honors and AP classes. I always had to meet with my counselor to get to where I am now. They shouldn't be blaming the staff; they do the best they can to accommodate us. The staff really helps to please the student, if you just ask for what you need politely. This school is really diverse and not as bad as people love to say. My siblings have gone here before me, way back when it was a block schedule school. We haven't had any issues. I'm tired of students blaming the teachers/staff for their issues. If you really want something done, you can always make it happen, no matter what. I've had the opportunity to go to my zoned school, but I stayed at Cimarron. I'm proud to represent this school as a Spartan.

I have gone to cimarron for 3 years and this year I will graduate from this awesome school. There are some students that have been reviewing cimarron as a bad school but the truth is that it is a great school. This school is full of activities that students can join, if you don't feel noticed by the staff you are the one that isn't making yourself noticed. Don't blame the school for your problems. Of course you get noticed more if you play sports you represent the school, you should be recognized.

Last modified Cimarron Memorial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.