Posted September 09, 2014
This is the absolute definition of a prison. So many restrictions so many punishments and bad kids and teachers and overall this school absolutely sucks. This is the worst school in Las Vegas. I got in trouble for a health condition and they tried to give me detention for FAINTING in class. The teachers don't care about the students and the staff is ridiculous they don't care about the students at all. worst school ever!

Posted April 19, 2014
My school is great. You have nice teachers and staff. I am Freshman going to be a sophomore next year. Teachers and staff are great with some students. I like some of my teachers.

Cimarron Memorial High School 2

Posted April 15, 2014
I used to go here in for one year only, and I must say it was a horrible experience. When I was bullied, no one did anything about it, when a special ed student was being constantly harassed, they let it slide, and when I had some headphones confiscated, I never got them back on the last day of school. Teachers didn't seem to care at all, either.

Posted April 15, 2014
Cimarron is in transition and I have had nothing but positive experiences with staff, teachers and administrators. When my son has a problem, and I tell the school, it is addressed quickly and in the most professional manner. The employees there are hard working and dedicated. My son is not some cherished athlete or sought after demographic. He is one of over 2600 students which have the privilege of attending this school. for that, I am grateful.

Cimarron Memorial High School 2

Posted January 14, 2014
I am a sophomore at this school and I honestly dread coming half the time. Maybe it's our school system in general but I feel as if I am being herded like a sheep. I do have a few good, caring teachers but I feel as if half the time I'm basically being told to sit down and shut up. Many of the students here simply don't care about their education and act as if they have something to prove to teachers. I recently tried discussing this with my U.S. History teacher and just when i thought it was going somewhere, he began to blame a liberal society and the students for the way Cimarron is. I laughed at him as he said it considering how ridiculous he sounded, but thinking back on what he said it is extremely sad, a school who blames it's poor performance on the students. Clearly this school needs to focus on a new approach on educating students rather than all of it's focus going toward football season. Your job is to teach and find ways to approach a student in ways they can relate and understand, not blame them for being "unteachable". I'm glad to say I will be un-enrolling from this dreadful school at the closing of this semester and enrolling in virtual high school.

Posted September 02, 2013
This will be my third year at Cimarron, currently a junior. I've read some of the reviews, I personally don't understand why so many students feel the need to bash this school so much; ethnicity and race should have nothing to do with it. So many of them are saying they aren't getting the attention or classes they deserve when they can so easily contact the counselors we have to get it all settled. I'm currently on the "higher" side of the educations with Honors and AP classes. I always had to meet with my counselor to get to where I am now. They shouldn't be blaming the staff; they do the best they can to accommodate us. The staff really helps to please the student, if you just ask for what you need politely. This school is really diverse and not as bad as people love to say. My siblings have gone here before me, way back when it was a block schedule school. We haven't had any issues. I'm tired of students blaming the teachers/staff for their issues. If you really want something done, you can always make it happen, no matter what. I've had the opportunity to go to my zoned school, but I stayed at Cimarron. I'm proud to represent this school as a Spartan.

Posted August 08, 2013
I have gone to cimarron for 3 years and this year I will graduate from this awesome school. There are some students that have been reviewing cimarron as a bad school but the truth is that it is a great school. This school is full of activities that students can join, if you don't feel noticed by the staff you are the one that isn't making yourself noticed. Don't blame the school for your problems. Of course you get noticed more if you play sports you represent the school, you should be recognized.

Posted December 29, 2012
Yeah at CMHS, Commitment Motivation Honor and Success. A motto full of lies. I am a junior at this school and it is a horrible, terrible, just a bad place to be. Unless you are of other ethnicities or a white sports player you get no attention in this school. The staff isn't helpful and I only have a few favorite teachers. I'm always been that quiet child in class, I struggle with math and even have a dyslexia, but no teacher helps me, they tell me to figure it out for myself. I am an English wiz, but I have not gotten an honors class that I deserve! I qualify and ask but since I am a white non-athlete I do not get my class I deserve. My boyfriend is Mexican and he got an honors class even though his grades do not qualify. I'm just absolutely fed up with this school! I never ditch class, I keep up on my work and never misbehave but that's my punishment for not qualifying for the staff to care. Even Hispanics get a test where if they do good they can get an extra 4 credits! Not fair! Like I've said, if you are white and go to this school then join football or baseball, or if you are a girl, cheerleading or you have no chance because grades don't matter at a school! Just rich kids.

Posted August 14, 2012
I go to cmhs. Ive gone here all 3 high school year and im going there for my 4th year now... All i can say is that I hate this school so very much the teachers and staff do dont care about any of the kids. Some staff and teachers have thier fav students and thats not fair to the reason of us that go there.. Whn something bad happeneds the staff that works in the main office and the deans office do not really care when you have a promble with a teacher they do not do anythig to try and help you, I have a promble with reading my teacher made me read out loud and i keeped massing up people made fun of me and the teacher did noting just said no one was making fun of me i talked to alot of the staff and they didnt do anything they keeped me in the class with kids that made fun of me. I dont not like this school and if i could change schools i would but i cant!!

Posted April 24, 2012
I just enrolled my son at this school and let me just say that I am not impressed whatsoever! The staff was discourteous and seemed to not want to be there. The school more resembled a juvenile hall or prison than an institution of learning! There is only one word I can use to describe the school, "Ghetto!" I wish I had done my research on the schools prior to relocating to Las Vegas because I certainly would have stayed out of this particular school!

Cimarron Memorial High School
2301 North Tenaya Way, Las Vegas, NV  89128
Last modified Cimarron Memorial High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cimarron Memorial High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top