Advanced Technologies Academy

Public | 9-12

Posted April 21, 2014

Advanced Technologies Academy (A-Tech) is a public magnet school program. You have to qualify to be admitted to this High School but once you are, it is an amazing school. You can major in Computer Science, Engineering, Legal, Network Technology, etc. The teachers are absolutely wonderful, administration very helpful! My son loves the students, clubs, and experience. Chess club went and placed several times in Nationals. Work is tough but not intense but we knew that going in.

Posted April 8, 2014

My school is a blue ribbon school that has been nominated to be chosen as the top magnet school in the U.S. It is also the #1 school in Nevada. This school has really helped me prepare for college. The students are friendly and inviting, and when I enter the school I feel comfortable because I know that it's a friendly place. Many students get along well and they treat each other like family. I know that the preparation that it has given me will help later on. The teachers provide rigorous activities which challenge the students, thus preparing them for university life even further.

Posted March 10, 2014

We are moving from Orange County CA and have 14 year old twin boys we would like to enroll in your school.

Posted October 24, 2013

Congratulations A-Tech for being #1 high school in Clark County School District according to Washington Post's national high school ranking 2013. Ed W Clark High School has slipped to #2 spot.

Posted October 19, 2013

This school is the bet school that you can ever go to! Great staff! And the education level is off the roof. This is a great high school to begin a bright future!

Posted September 10, 2013

super awesome school!!! is the best.. excellent teachers but the only thing I do not like that there is a Spanish teacher who does not even speak the language correctly and get angry when corrected.

Posted September 5, 2013

If you are planning to send your child to this school, just sit in from of it at dismissal time first. You will see very few smiling faces. The principal, Ms. Kral will never be a partner in education, she runs the school as a dictator, and will always have to be right, even when logic says she is not. She is inflexible, and if your child needs any accommodations made to their schedules, forget about that too. The homework will cause them to never be able to participate in any extra curricular activities, unless they don't mind lowering their grades and falling behind. Think long and hard about this one!! The most spirit-less high school in Las Vegas, with the worst principal.

Posted August 23, 2013

Great opportunities are here with a great atmosphere! This school has great statistics and the students are very proud.

Posted August 9, 2013

I graduated from ATech with the class of 2006. The setting is one in which the students can truly learn without disruptions because they all WANT to be there. The teachers made a real difference in our lives and aside from myself, many of us from my class have kept in touch with our teachers. This school provided excellent learning opportunities that not every school can provide. Years later I have gone back as a substitute and the atmosphere is still a positive one.

Posted April 13, 2013

My grandson has been selected to attend Atech. It's a wonderful school with many opportunities.

Posted September 8, 2012

A fantastic school for kids that care about academics and are willing to put in the time and effort to succeed. They also offer a variety of clubs that you won't find in many other high schools (ex. Board Game Club). The teachers are continuously impressed by their students, and go out of their way to challenge them. Our son graduated from ATech and is continuing his education at UC Berkeley. He says he feels completely prepared for his classes. It is totally worth the extensive travel times to and from school every day!

Posted August 14, 2012

I am now going to be entering my sophomore year at A-tech, and I couldn't be more thrilled. The minute you begin your courses, you come to realize that this school is much harder, and much more competitive than any other school. At first, I regretted coming to A-tech because I did quite struggle. But throughout the year, you find yourself getting dedicated to your work, and competing at your hardest. As previously mentioned, A-tech is a small school, with roughly 1,000 kids, and it definitely becomes your second home. The kids in A-tech are much more different than any other kids in other high schools. The teachers are excellent, and they do offer tutoring after school. To anyone entering A-tech, be ready to do work and not waste time. This school is well competitive, and offers a lot of programs where you can find your interest in, & I'm more than positive that A-tech will be well worth it for College in the future. Hope this gives you a clear aspect as of A-tech to anyone who is considering. Good luck!

Posted March 21, 2012

I attended A-Tech the second year that it opened back in 1995. It was the best academic decision that I could have ever made as there are not many good public high schools in Las Vegas. The teachers at A-Tech were amazing and the classes were challenging yet interesting. I was in the law related careers program and am now a practicing attorney in Los Angeles. I was able to attend a four year university in Southern California on a full tuition scholarship. Two years after that, I attend the University of California, Berkeley School of Law, also on a full tuition scholarship. And I think that it is all thanks to A-Tech.

Posted November 29, 2011

Its really Excellent... Students that want to go to ATECH will need to realize that this school is for young people who know what they want to do in life.

Posted August 29, 2011

It is a very hard school, and no you don't get to change classes after you are assigned your schedule unless there was a mistakes. But they are fair. You are told about what the classes will be like and you can talk to the teachers to see what they would recommend you to be in. You can challenge it if you feel like you can deal with a higher class. The kids chose their classes so if there are any problems they only have themselves to blame. They do not let you change your classes in the middle of the year now because too many people were just dropping out of classes because they didn't want to deal with the workload so they said that what you pick is what you get. It is completely fair.

Posted June 13, 2011

Students that want to go to ATECH will need to realize that this school is for young people who know what they want to do in life. This school will be very challenging for students who do not want to study or do homework every night (this includes thosse who have gone to private schools). The majority of the teachers are great and try to get the serious students ready for a great college and future.

Posted May 5, 2011

This school is extremely difficult. Anyone who comes here better be ready for a challenge and I am only a freshman! Yet, they tell you that it all works out in the end and that almost every job you apply for will recognize what you did to get a degree here so it has its moments. Not very many people here though.

Posted March 15, 2011

This school is not the best. I struggled so much in one of my classes it was terrible. I wanted out of the class, and just put in a regular class instead of an honors class and they just refused. My mom and I tryed everything and they would not change my class for me So there I sit still strggling in the class. When you can't do the work because it is to hard or you don't get it the counselor and the teacher should be there to help you and they should definitley want to see you succeed not fail.

Posted January 17, 2011

I was my dream school until I got ill in my sophomore year. I asked to get my assignments and some of the teachers wouldn't give them to me. I got well enough to go back after a few months I missed. I was able to turn some of my grades around I even got a B in Chemistry Honors. I had to drop electronics (which everyone hates) because I wasn't able to do the work at home. Junior year started out well. I wasn't as sick as before but then my symptoms started flaring up in December. I was gone off and on before they finally decided to put me in homebound. I asked for assignment but they said I wasn't able to do it at home. I could tell they didn't want to deal with me. When I went to the nurses office when the nurse was there she wouldn't let me go home even though I was throwing up everywhere. They would make me lay down and go back to class even though you can tell I was in an enormous amount of pain. In Senior year is when they kicked me out. It's a great school but if you get sick or have a disability you are out of luck. The doctors finally figured out I have a rare genetic disorder called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and IBS that goes with it.

Posted October 10, 2009

A-tech is a very stressful school. The kids that go here need to be ready for a HUGE challenge. The most population at this school are fresh men. Most of the other kids realize its too much of a challenge and get out of the school. I would understand why. It is a very hard school. I regret choosing it.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

220 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 80% in 2013.

220 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2013.

217 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 80% in 2013.

219 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

In 2012-2013 Nevada used the High School Proficiency Examination (HSPE) to assess high school students in reading, writing, math and science. The HSPE is a high school graduation requirement. The HSPE is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nevada. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Source: Nevada Department of Education

Students without disabilities93%
Proficient in English94%
Not migrant93%
Scale: % meeting or exceeding standards

The different student groups are identified by the Nevada Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Nevada Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 21% 6%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 38%N/A54%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

2501 Vegas Dr