9-12 & Ungraded
Las Vegas, NV

Posted August 24, 2014
I attended Chaparral Sophomore & Junior year and all I can say is...DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER! This school is the absolute best in ccsd! Before I attended I thought it would be the worst years for highschool but I was wrong. The teachers are absolutely AMAZING! I never went to a school where the teachers actually understand where your coming from and they actually do everything in their power to make sure you walk across that stage. Shoutout to Mr. Coleman for making math actually enjoying! The students at Chaparral are great as well. Their nice, and will make you feel accepted to matter how different you are. 2011-before Chap was the most horrible school in Vegas but now, its one of the best. The ONLY bad thing I can say about this school is they are somewhat strict on dresscode. So watch out... All in all, I would attend this school Senior year if I wasn't moving. I already know my new school wont be as enjoyable. Enroll your child in Chap if you really want to see them with a diploma in their hand and have an awesome highschool experience for the next 4 years. LETS GO COWBOYS !!

Posted June 27, 2012
you know at first i did not wantto goto chap i wanted to goto vegas but then i got to know people and the students at chap and feel in love with the school everyone is so nice and they mind there own buisness im now a sophomore and proud my teachers took extra time out for me so i can pass and get all my credits so i would tell everyone to come to chap you can not judge a book by its cover an thats what people do well you cant judge unless you dont know that all i have to say

Posted March 22, 2012
Couldnt want more from a school. The teachers have unique ways of teaching and you could fit into almost any classroom enviroment. Ive personally seen it change from a school labeled bad to a school that achieves what it wants. The extra-curricular programs are amazing and the camaraderie between the students and the teachers have made this school the most spirited that ive attended. I definitely recommend going to this school for the perfect high school experience.

Chaparral High School 4

Posted March 14, 2012
I am a [former] student of this school and I greatly enjoyed my time here. I made excellent friends and had some really great teachers that I actually learned from. I only gave the school four stars because I found the office staff to be quite...short and rude at times. Same with the counselors. I actually -hated- going to them sometimes. But I find that the teachers and other students made the school worthwhile. I haven't been to the school since the restructuring, but I have heard some great things.

Posted January 15, 2012
Chaparral High School has transformed over the years into an excellent school. I'm proud to be a Cowboy and always will be. The teachers do their job and are helpful while the staff makes it exciting to go to school. Our school has been through its own trials and tribulations, but our Cowboy Pride has brightened up those dark moments. No one can knock us of our horse. Class of 2012.

Chaparral High School 1

Posted June 07, 2011
Chaparral High School is one of the worst schools my daughter has ever been to. Not only based on her experiences and opinions but mine as a parent as well. They literally kick the students off school grounds during split class when lunch time is not available, at the end of the school year they demand to have the students belongings and hold them for two full days before returning them. That doesn't even make sense! As a parent I don't understand many of there practices. The teachers are horrible at mediating conflicts, as if they don't care about there students. My daughter was bothered many times throughout the year by other male students within her class while the teachers said nothing ,even when she reported this to the teacher, I can go on but I am running out of word count. I am currently filing many complaints concerning there school system. Please do not enroll your kids in this school. You may regret it as I have. (

Chaparral High School 0

Posted August 19, 2009
I am currently a student at chap i have attended many other schools in the valley,and none quite have the uniqueness that chap has... Yes some of the teachers are mean but hey its life my favorite teacher so far is mr. Robert seely i wouldnt trade him for the world and the rotc program here is amzing thank u for reading this peace

Chaparral High School 0

Posted April 29, 2009
I am a student there( some to be former student) and all I can say is that it is one of the best schools i have been to. I went to a magnet school before i attended chap and I can tell you that, that school doesn't even compare to this one by far. The atmosphere here at school is just amazing, and everywhere you look there are kinds that always have school spirt, some have taking it was far as dying there hair orange and black ( those are our school colors) to show there school sprit. Chap has an excellent arts and media program that proudly displays may of their students work around school. The school is just like a huge melting pot, where students just really get along and are a lot more tolerant then in other schools. All I can say is Bravo Chap

Posted January 01, 2009

Chaparral High School 1

Posted August 26, 2008
Sorry, but all I asked for was a single copy of my transcript, and they won't return my calls. I called everyday for a week and none of my calls were ever returned. Weak and rude admin staff. I remember when I first enrolled here my freshman year, and they basically redirected me EVERYWHERE. I was told to go to the front desk, then they told me to go to the nurses office, then the counselor, then i get redirected to the registrar. Don't go to this school

Chaparral High School
3850 Annie Oakley Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89121
Last modified Chaparral High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chaparral High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top