9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 05, 2016
Ms. Michele Coultas, my computer science and business applications teacher. She is not only amazing as a person, she's also amazing at what she does. She serves as both a friend and teacher. Se encourages me to try my best and is always there for me. She is simply just amazing.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted February 05, 2016
I have all Honors classes and I literally have so much homework! The teachers, at least the Honor teachers, give a lot of homework. It gets really stressing.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted February 05, 2016
While the school does strongly encourage and promote respect through ads and prep talks/videos among students and staff, the students as well as the staff, don't show it. Students are constantly cursing at one another and staff members are constantly disrespecting students without even realizing it (or at least they claim not to)!

Palo Verde High School 4

Posted December 07, 2014
The teachers and students at Palo have been very welcoming to my daughter as a new student. Many activities, good academics, and support from teachers have helped with her transition from out of state. Very pleased so far.

Posted May 06, 2014
I went here for not even a year, and left for online school. Maybe, I just wasn't meant for regular high school. But, I'll tell you what you should know as a student, and even a parent. This school defies cliquey. There's several "cool" kid tables in the lunch room, and they're not welcoming unless you're super pretty or handsome and in their style. They hardly ever have newcomers, it's hard to fit in. But, nobodies exactly mean. You just know their smiles aren't real, if they even acknowledge you at all. I feel unless you're "in" you could have a much better high school experience else where, like Spring Valley. Plus, a lot of these kids have known each other forever as Sig Rogich middle school is less than a mile down the street. Not to mention getting a Mercedes or Mustang as your first car is common, so keep in mind these kids parents are RICH.

Posted April 23, 2014
The staff at Palo Verde High School is extremely rude. They need to be taught how to be polite and deal with students and parents. They are several complaints about this high school and believe me they are all TRUE. I truly regret transferring my kid to this school.

Posted March 02, 2014
I hate this school, i just came here from another school, and Palo Verde wasnt welcoming at all. If you're not rich nobody cares about you. They only care about their football team. I do not like it and wish to transfer. The teachers are okay but when i have difficulties they just tell me to "look at my notes" before Palo i attended Cimarron and I loved it! I really want to leave Palo.

Palo Verde High School 2

Posted February 12, 2014
Palo Verde is mediocre at best. Don't expect quality teaching unless your child is enrolled in honors or AP classes. This isn't so much the high school's fault as it is the state's and government's. The school is full of cliques, making every teenage soul in that school feel more alienated than ever. The student parking lot is filled with more expensive cars than the teachers' parking lot. The staff is fine. The student body, however, is horrible. Some of the staff will rub elbows with the richer students, often overlooking broken rules or truancy as long as the students bring them Starbucks. It's a typical mediocre school in the middle of the God forsaken desert. The rich reign supreme while the rest fall in the shadows. Honors and AP teachers are often *fantastic*, willing to speak openly with their students and challenge them. Honors and AP appears to be the "average" class. Anything below is deemed "stupid" by the students. Las Vegas is a horrible place to raise children. If it weren't for Lake Mead, the city wouldn't exist. If you can, keep children OUT of this city, before they get stuck in UNLV, University of Never Leaving Vegas.

Palo Verde High School 3

Posted October 18, 2013
I have a Junior and a Freshman at PV. We recently moved here, and come from a VERY successful and high ranking school district. While our past school ranked MUCH higher than PV, we chose PV because of their AP Course availability, test scores, etc. They have a nice campus. They have the rudest and most unfriendly staff I have ever encountered!! We have found LV to be so friendly and welcoming so the school staff attitude is really sad! They also have HORRIBLE to NO communication with regards to campus safety, etc. (campus bullying incidents, campus lockdowns, the lockdowns were due to off campus incidents). This school has made great strides in academia, I compliment them for that... BUT there is more to being a GREAT school than that! We are looking at other options for our kids because the minus' far out weigh the pluses here... there are other places to get a great education that have a friendly and helpful staff where a parent can feel confident their children are safe. I would be mortified if I saw my child treat someone the way their admin staff treats people! Preference and effort is given to those who can be added to their wall of fame.. the rest are tossed aside.

Palo Verde High School 3

Posted September 26, 2013
My 11th grade son just started Palo this year after moving from another state where he attended a school in one of the best school districts in the US. (Parent job transfer). I have not yet formed an opinion, as it's a bit early in the year, but we chose Palo because of it's past scores and reputation. Definitely a BIG school and wish they had a better on-boarding system in place for the "new" kids. Maybe set them up with both an adult AND a student "mentor" or something? Make the transition more smooth for a kid, as this is their life! A mom can only do so much. I realize LV is a very transient town, but this is the first move for my family and want it to be perfect.

333 South Pavilion Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89144
Last modified Palo Verde High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palo Verde High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top