Posted May 06, 2014
I went here for not even a year, and left for online school. Maybe, I just wasn't meant for regular high school. But, I'll tell you what you should know as a student, and even a parent. This school defies cliquey. There's several "cool" kid tables in the lunch room, and they're not welcoming unless you're super pretty or handsome and in their style. They hardly ever have newcomers, it's hard to fit in. But, nobodies exactly mean. You just know their smiles aren't real, if they even acknowledge you at all. I feel unless you're "in" you could have a much better high school experience else where, like Spring Valley. Plus, a lot of these kids have known each other forever as Sig Rogich middle school is less than a mile down the street. Not to mention getting a Mercedes or Mustang as your first car is common, so keep in mind these kids parents are RICH.

Posted April 23, 2014
The staff at Palo Verde High School is extremely rude. They need to be taught how to be polite and deal with students and parents. They are several complaints about this high school and believe me they are all TRUE. I truly regret transferring my kid to this school.

Posted March 02, 2014
I hate this school, i just came here from another school, and Palo Verde wasnt welcoming at all. If you're not rich nobody cares about you. They only care about their football team. I do not like it and wish to transfer. The teachers are okay but when i have difficulties they just tell me to "look at my notes" before Palo i attended Cimarron and I loved it! I really want to leave Palo.

Palo Verde High School 2

Posted February 12, 2014
Palo Verde is mediocre at best. Don't expect quality teaching unless your child is enrolled in honors or AP classes. This isn't so much the high school's fault as it is the state's and government's. The school is full of cliques, making every teenage soul in that school feel more alienated than ever. The student parking lot is filled with more expensive cars than the teachers' parking lot. The staff is fine. The student body, however, is horrible. Some of the staff will rub elbows with the richer students, often overlooking broken rules or truancy as long as the students bring them Starbucks. It's a typical mediocre school in the middle of the God forsaken desert. The rich reign supreme while the rest fall in the shadows. Honors and AP teachers are often *fantastic*, willing to speak openly with their students and challenge them. Honors and AP appears to be the "average" class. Anything below is deemed "stupid" by the students. Las Vegas is a horrible place to raise children. If it weren't for Lake Mead, the city wouldn't exist. If you can, keep children OUT of this city, before they get stuck in UNLV, University of Never Leaving Vegas.

Posted October 18, 2013
I have a Junior and a Freshman at PV. We recently moved here, and come from a VERY successful and high ranking school district. While our past school ranked MUCH higher than PV, we chose PV because of their AP Course availability, test scores, etc. They have a nice campus. They have the rudest and most unfriendly staff I have ever encountered!! We have found LV to be so friendly and welcoming so the school staff attitude is really sad! They also have HORRIBLE to NO communication with regards to campus safety, etc. (campus bullying incidents, campus lockdowns, the lockdowns were due to off campus incidents). This school has made great strides in academia, I compliment them for that... BUT there is more to being a GREAT school than that! We are looking at other options for our kids because the minus' far out weigh the pluses here... there are other places to get a great education that have a friendly and helpful staff where a parent can feel confident their children are safe. I would be mortified if I saw my child treat someone the way their admin staff treats people! Preference and effort is given to those who can be added to their wall of fame.. the rest are tossed aside.

Posted September 26, 2013
My 11th grade son just started Palo this year after moving from another state where he attended a school in one of the best school districts in the US. (Parent job transfer). I have not yet formed an opinion, as it's a bit early in the year, but we chose Palo because of it's past scores and reputation. Definitely a BIG school and wish they had a better on-boarding system in place for the "new" kids. Maybe set them up with both an adult AND a student "mentor" or something? Make the transition more smooth for a kid, as this is their life! A mom can only do so much. I realize LV is a very transient town, but this is the first move for my family and want it to be perfect.

Palo Verde High School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
I am currently a freshman at palo verde and it is not as bad as these review are saying it is. It is true that there are a lot of rich kids but would you rather be with rich kids or poor kids? I am not a rich kid nor a skinny tall blond girl like the magority of the school but I am not judged. The people are actually nice you just need to be social able. this school is one of the best schools in Las Vegas. The only concern you really need to have is not to fall down the stairs because it happens :)

Posted July 04, 2013
This school is not all its cracked up to be. I went there for 4 years and graduated and it was not the best. The administration is pretty rude especially the hall monitors. They take such joy in stalking kids in hallways taking away phones left and right. Its like a game to them. Some of the coaches are jerks too. Nicholas Meis for example, (the cross country coach) is a total jerk. Worst coach Ive ever had in my high school life. What high school coach demeans his team and never gives any credit? Its awful. Also, if you ever have an issue with a teacher or coach and try to bring it to the principal with or as a parent they do absolutely nothing. Even if it involved a teacher telling a student they are worthless or cursing at them. The kids are a wide mix there are a lot of druggies and alcoholics as youll find anywhere and theres also the preppy popular morman clicks and such. I would definitely not reccomend this school unless its an absolute last resort type of situation.

Posted March 03, 2013
Palo Verde is indeed a wonderful school and provides resources for students. However, they do make it seem like athletic and sport reputation is more important than the academic aspect. Although, this is probably not true many students would definitely agree that this is the case. This school does contain disrespectful students just like any other school. However, schools in areas such at SW region have more respect amongst peers and teachers. Therefore, students in Summerlin tend to be uptight and snobby but this doesn't apply to everyone. Palo Verde has excellent teachers and challenging academic programs.

Palo Verde High School 5

Posted February 28, 2013
We are a military family and my daughter attended Palo for a year while we were stationed there. I found that with anything, even high school, it is mostly what you make it. The resources are all there.. academics, athletics, extracurricular clubs, music, fine teachers and administrators, etc.. Yes.. there are some financially privileged kids that go to this school, (as well as a number of private schools within 5-10 miles of Palo)..that's because the Summerlin area does attract some very successful professional people that settle there. Some may be 'snotty', and some are wonderful welcoming people. Don't expect the school and teachers to do everything for you. Take some personal responsibility for making your own way, honestly and with a positive attitude. My daughter is in college now after attending four different high schools. She gained lasting knowledge, learned valuable life lessons, and made wonderful friends at all four schools. Palo is one of the best schools that Las Vegas has to offer. There are others as well, but they ALL will have great things, and some not so great things. Palo definitely has more of the great things. Make your own way people.

Palo Verde High School
333 South Pavilion Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89144
Last modified Palo Verde High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Palo Verde High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top