Bad
Good

Posted February 20, 2016
We are a military family and our kids have been to 3 elementary schools. Bonner is by far our favorite school! The teachers and staff are top notch and love what they do. This results is an outstanding learning environment for the kids where they are supported and challenged. Bonner's school spirit is beyond compare with multiple school festivals and fun extra-curricular activities which makes the kids excited to go to school! We were sad when we had to move away from Bonner and we always recommend the school to friends that move to Las Vegas!!

John W Bonner Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2015
Be very wary. Bonner is just fine, but not worth getting excited about. I've had children at this school for more than 10 years. When Mr Catania replaced the previous principal the first thing he did was discontinue the after school tutoring. Then he dramatically increased the number of fundraisers. Where are these extra funds going? Try discussing this with Mr C, you will get a long winded explanation that doesn't ever answer your original question. Also, if you child has an IEP or any special needs FORGET IT. The IEP will not be followed. If you child is not up to 5 star standards they will be swept under a rug. Also, just remember the common core standards they've implemented are the LOWEST scale of standards. This school is successful solely because it's in a higher income area, the high level of parent involvement, and some of the teachers are truly dedicated to their students. I agree that when you have the right teacher and things are going smoothly Bonner can seem like a great school. But it is all surface.

Posted February 02, 2015
We love Bonner!! We came from an excellent school in CT and I was very concerned about moving to Nevada. We have been at Bonner for 5 months. I couldn't be happier. Both of my children love their teachers. My son's teacher is new and she tells me that teacher morale is very high. While I was trying to make my decision on where to send my children Mr. Catania had lengthy conversations with me about my son's needs, class sizes, the area of Summerlin etc. This was before we were even at the school. Mr. Catania cares deeply for the students, parents and teachers. There is a lot of school spirit and the PTA is very active. The school received the National Blue Ribbon award for excellence this year!

Posted September 05, 2014
My husband and I love this school. We moved from out of state and was worried about the schools in Vegas (we have two boys who attend). This is our 2nd year at Bonner and the school has been great! The principal is the best and very involved, and there is no way you would be treated diffrently if you did not donate money as the other poster has stated. The school is too big for the principal to keep track of who has donated or not, that doesn't make any sense. So far our teachers have been outstanding and the class sizes are small. They also offer special classes everyday for the students that our other school did not like Technology, Art, Music and ST Math. We are really happy with our decision to attend Bonner.

John W Bonner Elementary School 1

Posted July 28, 2014
This school is overrated. Although this school shows great results it's because of the educated and dedicated parents not the principal or teachers. I have had children attending this school for the past 8 years and have seen some amazing teachers and some less then mediocre; which is the same as you would see at any school. I feel that this school is great for students that are already successful but lack any qualities to be able to reach the students that really need help....as with any other school. The principal is definitely awesome if.... You donate money to the school if not you get second class treatment. In conclusion this school is the same as any school in this city,it's just fortunate enough to have educated parents thus resulting in educated children. Thank yourself for being awesome not the principal.

Posted April 23, 2014
I moved from Washington DC to Nevada last year and so concern about my daughter education but this school is amazing, Mr. Catania the principle is involved with the kids progress. I absolutely love this school

Posted April 17, 2014
My daughter has been going to this school for 3 years and we love it! I have to say the principal and the teachers she's had have been amazing. Best school in Vegas!

John W Bonner Elementary School 3

Posted December 10, 2013
I am not happy with this school. It is VERY OVERATED, the communication between school and parents is Terrible! Will diffidently not be back...

Posted November 21, 2013
I have had 2 girls at Bonner Elementary School and can say that the whole Family loves it. Mr. Catania (principal) and the entire staff care deeply about each individual child's progress and growth. Great teachers in all grades as well as they specialty teachers. I was involved in the PTA at the school and will say that it is one of the most organized I have been a part of. Any family would be lucky to be a part of the Bonner Family. Bonner Pride We Got It!!!

Posted October 24, 2013
the best school in Clark county . I love my sons school. I wouldn't change a thing.

John W Bonner Elementary School
765 Crestdale Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89144
Last modified John W Bonner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.