Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

I'm giving Cartwright one star for several reasons. The first being their policy on recess and outdoor activity for the students. My 3rd grader gets 8 MINUTES of recess for a 6.5 hour school day. Yes, you read that right. It has been this way for years now, and when I took my frustrations to the principle (who wouldn't see us but instead had us meet with the assistant principal, who by the way is extremely rude. Not unlike all of the office staff) she said that their before school "line-up time" counted towards the required 30 minute of physical activity a day quotient. Also, to fill in the remaining gaps, their walking in between classes to their next class filled in the rest. Are you KIDDING me??? My son is a straight-A student and very social and he is miserable at this school. We left and moved to Portland for one year, to a school that had several recesses a day, and coming back to Cartwright this year has been awful. This school's primary concern is getting the students test ratings up so the school will receive more prestige and funding, not the welfare of its students. And the school thinks the way to accomplish this goal is by hot housing the kids in classrooms working all day. Other issues: My sons afternoon teacher uses degrading remarks toward the class, and also, the front office staff, like I mentioned, is atrociously rude and snotty. They never fail to make you seem like an unwelcome interloper whenever you need to talk to them. The only good thing I can say about this school is that my son had some good teachers for K and 1st grade. The Las Vegas school system is a mess.

The "five star school" posted in the office shouldn't be there. This school is nowhere near two stars. Office staff are rude.

Front office looks disorganized, the staff looked tired and unengaged. Not a good impression. Otherwise school outside looks well maintained and clean.

Cartwright is an excellent school with top notch teachers and staff. I am very lucky to have my children taught by such a great group of caring professionals. From the daily work, specialists, enrichment classes and PTA events, the school never drops the ball. I am honored to know such a great group of individuals. My only regret is that Cartwright doesn't teach through 12th grade. Thumbs up to the Coyotes!

I love this school. The teachers and the staff are extraordinary! They are dedicated and care for each child. We are extremely lucky to be zoned for this school. If every team in Clark Cty was like the Coyotes, Nevada would be #1 in the country. Go Coyotes!

The teachers and support staff truely care about each child. Great school...

As a grandparent visiting and volunteering in the school, I was so impressed by the front office staff! What wonderful ladies! They made me feel so comfortable and welcome. They even remembered my name when I left. Being a retired business woman and understanding the message the frontline people convey to the public, these women certainly have excellent customer skills. Kudos to Cartwright Elementary! I've never seen a school quite like this one!

My son attended this school for 4 years and now my daughter is attending, it is a wonderful school, lots of parental involvement, and teachers and staff who really care about the children, the criteria for our home search was to stay zoned for this great school.

Cartwright is the best! Dr. Barker and Mr. Iverson provide great leadership. My children are in Kindergarten, 3rd, and 5th. The academic enrichment activties were continued because of the creativeness of the administration and willingness of the staff. A first rate music program and choir teacher who keeps the children interested in music - which studies prove advances learning. The GATE program is fabulous and keeps my daughter actively engaged and excited about learning. I've had absolutley no bad experiences throughout the past 4 years we've been at this school. It truly is wonderful!!

Cartwright is a fabulous school! The teachers are awesome. Dr. Barker has brought in the best of the best and the test scores prove it! Look at the growth...every year! It just keeps getting better! Thanks for all of the extras that the staff puts forth. These teachers and administration really care about kids. OUTSTANDING!

Last modified Roberta C Cartwright Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.