Las Vegas, NV

Roberta C Cartwright Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
Front office looks disorganized, the staff looked tired and unengaged. Not a good impression. Otherwise school outside looks well maintained and clean.

Posted April 02, 2009
Cartwright is an excellent school with top notch teachers and staff. I am very lucky to have my children taught by such a great group of caring professionals. From the daily work, specialists, enrichment classes and PTA events, the school never drops the ball. I am honored to know such a great group of individuals. My only regret is that Cartwright doesn't teach through 12th grade. Thumbs up to the Coyotes!

Posted April 02, 2009
I love this school. The teachers and the staff are extraordinary! They are dedicated and care for each child. We are extremely lucky to be zoned for this school. If every team in Clark Cty was like the Coyotes, Nevada would be #1 in the country. Go Coyotes!

Posted May 01, 2008
The teachers and support staff truely care about each child. Great school...

Posted March 03, 2008
As a grandparent visiting and volunteering in the school, I was so impressed by the front office staff! What wonderful ladies! They made me feel so comfortable and welcome. They even remembered my name when I left. Being a retired business woman and understanding the message the frontline people convey to the public, these women certainly have excellent customer skills. Kudos to Cartwright Elementary! I've never seen a school quite like this one!

Posted February 07, 2008
My son attended this school for 4 years and now my daughter is attending, it is a wonderful school, lots of parental involvement, and teachers and staff who really care about the children, the criteria for our home search was to stay zoned for this great school.

Posted November 23, 2007
Cartwright is the best! Dr. Barker and Mr. Iverson provide great leadership. My children are in Kindergarten, 3rd, and 5th. The academic enrichment activties were continued because of the creativeness of the administration and willingness of the staff. A first rate music program and choir teacher who keeps the children interested in music - which studies prove advances learning. The GATE program is fabulous and keeps my daughter actively engaged and excited about learning. I've had absolutley no bad experiences throughout the past 4 years we've been at this school. It truly is wonderful!!

Posted July 03, 2007
Cartwright is a fabulous school! The teachers are awesome. Dr. Barker has brought in the best of the best and the test scores prove it! Look at the growth...every year! It just keeps getting better! Thanks for all of the extras that the staff puts forth. These teachers and administration really care about kids. OUTSTANDING!

Posted May 07, 2007
My son has attended Cartwright since the Fall of 2004 when he started Kindergarten. All of his teachers from Kindergarten through second grade have been excellent. They all expect a lot out of their students and put in the time and effort to achieve their goals. My son loves all of his teachers and his school. His father is active in the PTA and he works hard to ensure there are a lot of activities for the children to participate in. Dr. Barker and Mr. Iverson are excellent administrators. They spend long hours ensuring the children have excellent programs and extra-curricular activities. All of the staff and administration are dedicated professionals. We are extremely lucky to have our son attending this great school.

Posted November 24, 2006
I had my child rezoned so that she could attend this school, because I have friends who said how wonderful it is. My child is way above average and her last school was unable to provide the proper outlets but Cartwright has been amazing so far. The teachers are great, Dr. Barker is a great principal and there are tons of extra-curricular programs for the students. Barker/Teachers are very involved and in touch. The onhe ly problem I have seen there is with the Health Office, they seem a little inexperienced, but everything else is great!!! The PTA is top-notch, winning lots of awards and always hosting events and keeping in touch with members. School starts earlier, but I have never seen a problem, as long as you send your kid to bed at a decent time they aren't tired. Maybe this school has changed for the better since 2005.

1050 East Gary Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89123
Last modified Roberta C Cartwright Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Roberta C Cartwright Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top