Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,342

Posted March 20, 2015
This school is terrible. The staff feels as if they're not obligated to respect the students because their children. The teachers don't get involved until the situation escalates or a upset parent makes an appearance. My child is a A B student in 7th grade and was suspended for the first time after being provoked by a group of boys in the cafeteria. Now she's being expelled for a fight that she wasn't even apart of. These children struggle everyday to fit in and be accepted and the staff don't realize the challenges the children face in a peer pressured environment. They believe in kicking students out instead of developing programs and interventions to assist them. This is why the children fall behind and continue to inherit behavioral problems. Decisions are not based on equal fairness and I will be fighting for my child until the very end. Clark County School District need to step up and make a change before we be left with a generation of uneducated and unmotivated children.

Posted August 08, 2014
This school is horific. I repeated the 8th grade already and they are trying to hold me back again! The teachers yell and curse at you as well as lose work and claim you never did it. Not to mention i had teachers be very inappropriate towards me. Worst school ever

Lied Middle School 5

Posted January 06, 2014
I think schools get a bad rap from kids that get in touble ... My daughter came over to Lied from Escobedo and she is doing just fine!! My son has done alot better as well since his tranfer... I think the Dean is very personable as well. Parentlink is always getting updated!!

Posted August 02, 2013
This school is terrible. The conditions are even unsanitary, with the lunchroom smelling like a sewer. The best part about it is the music program. The administration is an abomination, most teachers my child had this year were okay, one was atrocious. Constantly lost my child's work and said my child didn't do it. I am just about ready to put my child in another school.

Lied Middle School 2

Posted April 14, 2013
Im an 8th grader about to go to High school. Lied isnt great. They people there are rude, there is major drama. I guess its who you hang out with there though. Some teacher are beyond rude. Other teacher are great. They classes are packed. My smallest is i think the smallest in the school and its 20 (very uncommon). about my largest is over 50. Lied isnt great but its not that bad from when i can in 6th grade its gotton better. I think they actually tried to imrove grades this year other than not caring like the others. Dress code and taties are excudes if they know you. They play favorites way to much. and They arent strict on fights, There isnt as much as there was in 7th grade. Half the fights they dont know about even though it happens on campus . But over all its pretty much based on who you hang out with. The school has gotton better but its not even close it the best. its okay. I wish i would of gone to a better school.

Posted March 18, 2013
In my opinion, this is the worst school ever. My child has had so much trouble here in just her first year. My other child went through Becker, and I do not have one complaint during his entire time there.

Posted October 02, 2012
This school has poor leadership and teachers I have a son that attends this school he has one teacher that tell the kids not to get in her space and how she wish the bad kids would stay home because that's why there school has gone to a two rating because of these kids she has not thought about it might be the teachers not the kids. She also loves to give out disregard of school rules to kids.They are really hard on the new sixth graders coming in this is a big transition for some kids.They don't report grades on parent link and the cause for not reporting grades on parent link there excuse is they are having problems with parent link. They know parent link is not working but, they still don't inform you that your child is doing bad or falling behind. This school has may problems. Parents think twice before sending your kids to this school.

Posted August 29, 2012
I'm ready to pull my 7th grade daughter out of this school and it's only been two days since the school year started. She informed me that there are 48 students in her accelerated math class and only 40 desks. Last year she said that more than half the students who were in her 6th grade accelerated math class shouldn't have even been in an accelerated class. I'm looking into a magnet school now but she'll have to be put on a waiting list. All of this is a shame because she is involved in the orchestra and so was my older daughter. What a great program. But, you can't send your kid to a school just for that! It's very disappointing. I found the current principal to be totally unengaged and disinterested. At the spring concert last year she could've cared less that parents and children in the audience were disrupting the orchestra performance. She just stood idly by watching it all and not intervening like a true leader would have.

Lied Middle School 4

Posted August 26, 2012
Lied is a pretty good school, I love their music department, such as their orchestra. The only problem is that the teachers are to strict. Sometimes i can't even walk down the hall without hearing a tiny problem from a teacher, such as yelling at us students about that BARELY even violates dress code. As a student, i really do love this school, but there are some exceptions to that!

Posted May 23, 2012
I am currently attending Lied Middle School Now and let me tell you it is the worst school ever. The teaches are rude and dnt teach us to the standards we need to be taught. Im only in the 7th grade and already im doing 7 page papers. The vice principal does more than our real principal does. He game to all of our away games and she only game came to one of our home game. The teachers are always yelling in someones face. I had a recent incident with a teacher and the stuff took up for the teacher they did not ounce try and here my story. Our school serves us uncooked food and says they cant do anything about it. The only good thing I can say about good about the school is that they have an amazing music program. And the best music teachers ever.

Lied Middle School
5350 West Tropical Parkway, Las Vegas, NV  89130
Last modified Lied Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lied Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top