Bad
Good

My daughter has attended this school for two years now. She is in 7th grade now. Last year when I attended the open house teachers were practically begging for supply donations. We donated nearly $1000 in supplies as well as cash. When iPads were issued they didn't issue a charging cable with it. We had to buy one. Every other school I know of issued one with theirs. This year they weren't issued with the iPad, but my daughter has informed me they will be issuing them soon... After half the year has passed. When I pick her up I see PE classes on the tennis courts with some volley but mostly kickball balls trying to pay volleyball. Is this school so poorly administrate that they can't afford a couple volleyball nets and balls? I'm quite sure they are allotted the same funding other non magnet schools are. Why is it these other schools I've accompanied parents to have resources to distribute books to parents about how to help your child learn, are provided charging cables, don't beg for necessary items to properly teach? Not only that, but my daughter is constantly telling me they ran out of food at lunch and she has no interest in what alternative meal choice is provided. Bullying is an issue as well. I saw a girl harassing another girl to tears on their way home. When I called to report it they office personnel actually laughed! I was disgusted! The Hispanic children and parents are treated with preference, while white students and parents are treated with near disdain. If I could withdraw my daughter and enroll her elsewhere I would in a heartbeat. This is a poor excuse for a school. A poor learning environment. Very few teachers care enough to make contact if your child is falling behind or performing poorly. I've 3 children, and they've all attended different schools this is the only middle school I have dealt with that doesn't care one iota about the child, or the performance of the child. Parents I cannot express enough Do whatever necessary to prevent your child from attending this school! Use a friend or relatives address to enroll elsewhere.

I went to register my child at this school. I cheerfully said good morning to the register lady and got a response that was professional but unfriendly. She was curt with me and uninformative I felt I had to pull answers from her. As we filled out the forms she wanted at least two other times she was interrupted from her work to answer questions others asked her in Spanish and she was very informative, assuring and kind. When I again approached her I continued to speak to her in English even tho I know Spanish, yet she continued to address me with complete disinterest. I felt like a bore. I could see she was busy inputting into her computer data from other registration forms but, never the less I believe to deserve the same courtesy as the other that spoke to her in Spanish. I speak Spanish only when the person I speak to does not speak English. She needs Public Relations training and formal courtesy to all that come to her to register their children into this school. And if she is the representation of what the personal are like in this school. I wonder the attitude of the Principal to the custodian is like, in Spanish or English. Jesse

This is the stupidest school EVER! Mack is better. All my 5th grade friends are gone cuz of this school. U suck keller, go mack!

The 8th grade counselor (Ms Benson)has caused alot of problems for my family. I have never met this lady and she has acused me of abusing my chikld went as far to file a police report. As I stated she has never met me and is only going by what my child is saying.As far as I concerned I dont want my chilkd anywhere around her anymore and looking for new school..

the art teacher Mr.Olmstead is very picky and should be fired .My son has been turning all of his classwork in so i am going to report that teacher

Hello I attend Keller Middle school now and I'm in 7th grade and I want to say all of these bad reviews are wrong. My teachers work hard on me and want me to succeed. I love Keller because it's a fun and well educated school!

No books, but they do have I pads which is way cool. I like the dress code.

must say this is the most horrific school. the kids were uncontrollable and this school had a HUGE problem with bullying. i reported peers 3 times for bullying, and nothing was done. the counselors gave them candy and when i told the dean about the bullying she tried holding her laughter back. some of the teachers didnt, well, teach! a worksheet a day and no learning. i really hope this school has improved because it was honestly the worst school when i attended. do NOT send your children here.

I was a student here for 6th and 7th grade year. Based on my experience, I don't really recommend this school to most people. If your like me and you dislike busy crowds, obnoxious students, and constantly having to deal with trouble making students, then I defiantly DO NOT recommend this school. The only plus and positive thing about the school is their wonderful staff! Their staff has done a well job on maintaining the school as a whole.

i went to keller for most of my middle school years.... they went too overboard on everything. i followed the dresscode everyday, but they somehow found something wrong with what i was wearing. so therefore i always had detention or w/e else they came up with. one teacher was really psycho but i've heard he got fired since then. the kids were all mean and believe me, there were tons of fights. the teachers back then really didn't care about your education, if you were failing they gave you an attitude. it was basically all favoritism. it's probably changed within the past 5 or 6 years though.

Last modified Duane D Keller Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.