Las Vegas, NV

Posted September 10, 2014
Wish I could give no stars. This school is awful I have had several problems. It is unfortunate my kids had to go here again do to denial of zone variance. Its extremely unorganized to where the smaller children are getting trampled by older kids and some parents as well. My kids are not challenged here because they speak English and this school primarily focuses on children who need to learn better English. Staff and teachers are rude. This school really needs help. Next year I will be taking my kids somewhere anywhere else. The school district really needs to look further into the quality of this school!!!!

Posted June 26, 2014
Horrible school, if your child already speaks perfect english do your kid a favor and enroll them elsewhere. Theres no challenge mentally for my child, he isnt where he should be for his grade level. He is behind academically from having to deal with teaching better english. He has a cousin same age different LV school, way more advanced. I also didn't like the segregated classrooms. It doesn't teach the kids how to deal with and interact with the opposite sex. It makes them feel socially awkward when they are around each other. Needless to say I will be taking him elsewhere this year.

Posted May 07, 2014
Worst school in the district!!!!!!! The staff are rude, unresponsive, and are extremely bias. My daughter has attended school here for two years and has had many issues with staff not properly notifying parents of incidents in school. The front desk personel are I'll mannered and very unprofessional to say the least.. my daughter is not challenged enough and spends most of her days waiting for the class to be done with assignments, and the worst is that they split girls from boys... Which is not teaching my child proper. Interpersonal skills and how to properly communicate with opposite sex.

Posted September 10, 2013
My School has been chosen to be a zoom school which i as a parent will continue to show support throughiout the school year. I admire the teachers who consistently stay on top of school work and homework credentials of the students. I love the reading program they have started and will continue as a parent to stay on top of the reading material for my child. I love El Cortez elementary and wil continue to show my all time support in any way possible. Thanks.

Posted September 10, 2013
I love the reading program this school has for the students. Excellent teachers and staff who continues to work there. I love this elementary school.

Posted September 25, 2009
The staff at this school work really hard!

Manuel J Cortez Elementary School
4245 East Tonopah Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89115
Last modified Manuel J Cortez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Manuel J Cortez Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top