Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My daughter attends to this school, this is her first year. Since the beginning of the school year she has been frustrated with the school pertaining the staff, even came home in tears. I figured it was a child being a child but I have never experienced this with my daughter with any school. Being a substitute teacher, I decided to guest teach in her school to see the staff for myself and did not tell them that I was her mother and let me tell you there are some horrible attitudes within the staff and I have no clue how and why they want to work in the school district having no social skills especially with children. I have seen teachers and staff talk down to these students, which I do not agree with. I have worked with children for years in and out of the school and I have never spoken to a child in such a manner with disgust and disrespect. Seems that they purposely nitpick on these students. I was just in awe of how immature the staff is. But I have no complaints with the principle, he seems to really care for the students and want them to have a fun learning experience and if he sees there is a personality clash with a student and a teacher, he will switch that student to a different class, though I cannot speak for the rest of the staff. After my experience I have spoken with the principle pertaining my daughter and a teacher, he immediately placed my child in a different class. Since then My daughter loves her teacher and is having a better time.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

With many teachers I have met, it seems that they are not happy with their jobs. Being a guest teacher and A parent, it is disappointing to see.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I understand that a teacher cannot help every student but it seems teachers are just coming for a pay check rather than taking the time to help a student.

Great academic extracurricular activities! My son has grown to be a very mature, well rounded individual while at Silvestri.

The employees seem miserable working here. Website is out of date and has false misleading information. Asked to speak to principal and was nowhere in sight. The whole school looks disorganized. Wonder where all the money is going? No class schedules till first day of school. What a mess!! So disorganized.

my daughter go their for 2 years and she loved that school but now she is a freshmen but my son is also going their in 6 grade this year . my daughter was really happy about it because she knows that school is the perfect for his brother

Moving from TN. I was concered about the school my daughter would be going to.Charles Silvestri has made this transaction much easier than expected. My child has excellerated in her classesand her teachers are amazing. Good teachers and caring teachers have mafe all the difference in the world. Thank you Silvestri teachers. Silvestri is definitely a 5 star school.

I'm a parent of 2 boys Silvestri. The teachers and staff care about the and their families. I'm very with school seeing as through Vegas has a bad reputation of schools caring about students.

I have been in this school 6th, 7th and 8th grade. This school is a good but not the best. I'am an njhs (National Junior Honor Society) member and it has very talented students. The teachers were amazing but their were some teachers that weren't so great. The orchestra and band teachers were excellent! Also many others teachers. This school helped me progress as well as others. This school has a lot of negative kids and that is expected anywhere you go there will be people that don't try there best and don't really care. I use to be the one that didn't care and now I'am an A and B student. If your looking for good teachers that stay after school to help you and pretty good kids this is a good school. It may not be the best but it has what you need. Hope this helped you!

Dean has been the worst school district I've had my children attend very rude when trying to discuss a simple matter with me and continued talking over me and would not let me finish my sentences. I was not trying to argue but he turned everything into an arguement.

Last modified Charles Silvestri Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.