Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

We need to see their books, notes and exercises that they are givibg to the student as far as i experience i didnt get to see my son's books thats why we cannot teach him his lessons/review his notes.

Develops character: Neutral

They guide the students though and whatever questions that we had they accomodate us well..

As far as i am concerened with the notes, books of the students because they dont allow the student to bring their books at homes how can we parents teach and review their lesson on their subjects?

this school is strict, but very nice and loving from what I've heard, and it has different arts and music and talents! i think ill love this school!!!

I would like to start out by Mr. Wilson the math teacher he has had a great influence in my life he is a great person who genuinely cares about each and everyone of his students I have yet to meet another person who is so dedicated to his job and loves it as much he does. I was one of his first students the year they opened and some of my family members have had him over the years too and i know they can say the same about him. Overall this school is great and I would recommend anyone to this school. Keep up the good work guys! 13 years and I still remember how great of a school this is.

I'm a substitute teacher, and I love coming to this school. Normally, as a sub you meet the office staff and possibly a teacher or two.. My first day subbing there, I met the principal, and many teachers who were very welcoming. I've subbed for this school many times, and the teachers are quality. I wish the community would be a little more involved with the school... I.E go to basketball/sporting games, watch their step team!! I saw comments about how parents don't know the teachers..Your child spends, hopefully, countless hours at this school. Meet the teachers by sending in a note, email, try and call after school, etc. Teachers would like to have more communication with parents, and are understanding about how busy schedules are because they are busy themselves....teachers often are taking courses, or are doing extra curricular activities, etc...having an involved parent who can help improve their child's education makes life easier.

i am currently attending cortney. it is awesome. all the teachers are very helpful. the one that out stands the most is Mrs. Gledhill. She treats cortney like her home and cares for everybody.

My name is Garrett Morrison I am a former student that went here all three years, and this school was and still is amazing. I personally believe this is a school where all of the teachers care about your education as long as you apply yourself. One of the things I remeber most was the loving librarian Mrs. Gledhill. The core classes such as math, science, and English were challenging, but the teachers are so encouraging that you are motivated to do the work. My math teacher Mr. Wilson isamazing. He truley cares about his student and gives the hardest yet easiest homework. In conclusion this is an one of a kind middle school.

I am a current student and dont recommend it. I came from Montana and i have already learnd all of the things that i am currently learnig now.I enjoy P.E. but i dont like hows its an elective in seventh grade.The U.S./Nevada history section I learnd in 4-6 grade.also were i am from middle schoolm is 7 and 8 so elemntry is 6th. I dont recommend this school. I only like 2 out of my 6 teachers.Thank you for reading this

They don't give up on their students. They actually care.

Last modified Francis H Cortney Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.