Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,219

Posted March 02, 2012
I would like to start out by Mr. Wilson the math teacher he has had a great influence in my life he is a great person who genuinely cares about each and everyone of his students I have yet to meet another person who is so dedicated to his job and loves it as much he does. I was one of his first students the year they opened and some of my family members have had him over the years too and i know they can say the same about him. Overall this school is great and I would recommend anyone to this school. Keep up the good work guys! 13 years and I still remember how great of a school this is.

Posted February 08, 2012
I'm a substitute teacher, and I love coming to this school. Normally, as a sub you meet the office staff and possibly a teacher or two.. My first day subbing there, I met the principal, and many teachers who were very welcoming. I've subbed for this school many times, and the teachers are quality. I wish the community would be a little more involved with the school... I.E go to basketball/sporting games, watch their step team!! I saw comments about how parents don't know the teachers..Your child spends, hopefully, countless hours at this school. Meet the teachers by sending in a note, email, try and call after school, etc. Teachers would like to have more communication with parents, and are understanding about how busy schedules are because they are busy themselves....teachers often are taking courses, or are doing extra curricular activities, etc...having an involved parent who can help improve their child's education makes life easier.

Posted December 04, 2011
i am currently attending cortney. it is awesome. all the teachers are very helpful. the one that out stands the most is Mrs. Gledhill. She treats cortney like her home and cares for everybody.

Posted November 01, 2011
My name is Garrett Morrison I am a former student that went here all three years, and this school was and still is amazing. I personally believe this is a school where all of the teachers care about your education as long as you apply yourself. One of the things I remeber most was the loving librarian Mrs. Gledhill. The core classes such as math, science, and English were challenging, but the teachers are so encouraging that you are motivated to do the work. My math teacher Mr. Wilson isamazing. He truley cares about his student and gives the hardest yet easiest homework. In conclusion this is an one of a kind middle school.

Francis H Cortney Junior High School 1

Posted October 19, 2011
I am a current student and dont recommend it. I came from Montana and i have already learnd all of the things that i am currently learnig now.I enjoy P.E. but i dont like hows its an elective in seventh grade.The U.S./Nevada history section I learnd in 4-6 grade.also were i am from middle schoolm is 7 and 8 so elemntry is 6th. I dont recommend this school. I only like 2 out of my 6 teachers.Thank you for reading this

Francis H Cortney Junior High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
They don't give up on their students. They actually care.

Posted August 19, 2009

Francis H Cortney Junior High School 0

Posted November 30, 2008
My daughter attends Cortney,I like the uniform policy.I also find the office staff disinterested.When I enrolled my sixth grader I was very nervous,she is my first child to attend middle school,and we had just moved.I felt concerned about the staff I encountered.I find the Counselor and attendance lady to be great!I am sorry to say as of today I have not had any interaction with a teacher.

Posted March 23, 2008

Francis H Cortney Junior High School 1

Posted February 29, 2008

Francis H Cortney Junior High School
5301 East Hacienda Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89122
Last modified Francis H Cortney Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Francis H Cortney Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top