Las Vegas, NV

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 18, 2015
My child loved every teacher she had at Decker, and the one she hoped to get for 4th grade has now left.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted June 18, 2015
The district just showed students that when someone doesn't do a good job leading at one school; you move them to another school get to keep failing. It s the student learning that suffers from staff turnover.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted June 18, 2015
Obviously children aren't the first concern of this principal, otherwise she would have seen the great jobs those teachers were doing in the classrooms.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 18, 2015
If the District felt empathy, it wouldn't allow bad principals to drive off more than 75% of the school teachers at one school without investigating.

C H Decker Elementary School 2

Posted June 18, 2015
What the heck happened to my child's school? Over 18 teachers left after this school year ended. Some parents said it was because of the principal. How come the district doesn't take notice when so many teachers walk away from a single school? There is obviously a reason and that has to be the person in charge of the school. My wife found out this principal did the same thing when she was in charge of Vegas Verdes Elementary. District officials it shouldn't be hard to get rid of 1 bad principal so good schools like Decker do not lose more than half of their dedicated teachers.

Posted December 18, 2014
Teachers are working very hard to educate our kids. Office staff are great and always smiling.

C H Decker Elementary School 4

Posted November 09, 2014
I was a student at this school some 35 years ago....I still remember the name of the school...I have many positive memories. :)

Posted April 03, 2014
Decker is a great school. You can go at the office ask to see the principal, ask questions about anything you concern about and you get answers.Ms Johnson is there for us and our kids. My son's teacher Ms. Taggart is the best, she's doing great job.

Posted October 25, 2013
Decker is an excellent school and I am happy and comforted in sending my little boy to Kindergarten there. The teachers and staff are always available and take a genuine interest in the children.

Posted October 25, 2013
Ms. Zurita is such a fresh of breath air! I am so so happy that we have the privilege of having her as our little boys teacher! Our son is excited about learning and loves to go to school! I just hope that Ms. Zurita is still there when our daughter starts Kinder!!!

3850 South Redwood, Las Vegas, NV  89103
Last modified C H Decker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
C H Decker Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top