Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,114

Posted October 23, 2014
Garside school staff, principal Dean assistant principal and some teachers are rude disrespectful non caring for some students. I was verbally disrespected by the principal my child has been bullied i report it nothing was done. My child was assaulted in front of my eyes, guess who gets kicked out of school for suspension my child..This school labels kids they choose to think or feel is trouble but they are protecting bullies even adult staff bullies and falsely accuse innocent children. This is a horrible place terrible place for children to attend. Kids should feel good about school not afraid of being framed or mistreated by staff. Parents need to speak up speak out COMPLAIN about the lack of professionalism and lack of concern this school has for some students, there should be no favorites all kids deserve a fair shot and a SAFE environment at school not feel and scared today am i going to be targeted because of whatever reason. Rules should be enforced for all students not only 1. Goofing around school children gets punishment when you happen to notice one or 2 children goofiness around. Not fighting but coincidence only certain children are caught. My Opinion Yes!

Posted June 04, 2014
This.school is the worst school in all of Nevada !!!! This school should be closed down ASAP ... Kids at this school are so horrible. Teachers and the Dean are even worse, my kids were even scared to go to school. I'm relocating so the kids do not have to attend this school next year!!!!! If this school is open next year they should invest in metal detectors instead of a pool. Take my word! The only person that is amazing there is the office manager. She would do better at a.different school she should transfer! I would give no star's!!!

Posted February 25, 2014
The worst of the worst. They are more concerned with suspending students for three days or more because their jacket is not the appropriate shade of blue. I actually had to relocate my family to get them out of this school. My daughter was honor roll and in accelerated classes until I put her in int Garside. When she left,.. she had C and D's. My son hated it so much that I had to put him into the online shool program, When that didn't work, I ended up putting him back into Garside. When we left, he had D and F's. The Staff seems to take on no responsbility to the education of their students. It seems like most of them are there just to punch the clock and collect their paycheck. One Cold Rainy Afternoon, I had to give my daughter a different coat because she was catching a cold and the zipper had broken on her Dress Code Jacket. As soon as she came to school she was suspended. This is a low income area,.most of these children can't afford the appropriate clothes. If a child gets too many dress code violations, they are sent to behavior school. To All Parents.This school is terrible... "Avoid It If You Can"...!! We are now at Canarelli, A 5 Star School and the kids are doing well

Posted October 15, 2013
This school is TERRIBLE. Pretty much ALL of my former teachers (I spent one year there and then I switched schools because I couldn't take it anymore) had no idea what they were doing and would show and even say that they were only there for a paycheck. They didn't care about anything going on in their classrooms. The environment is terrible. Students are disruptive and very unruly and walking through the actual school is like walking around a prison and I'm not even exaggerating. The bullying problem is unbelievable and no one does anything about it. If you care about your children's education and well being at all, DO NOT send them to Garside. I would rate zero stars if I could.

Frank F Garside Junior High School 5

Posted August 29, 2013
I am a student from Garside Junior high school.I had been there for 1 year.I got so many memory from there.I made a lot friends,they are very nice to me.Also the ipad program are help me a lot from my homework.I got straight A's for my whole school year.There have G square program,there have bell choir,there have dance team.I love the way Garside look like.Is my favorite school!!! There have no racism at all,maybe there is a lot Hispanic but who care,at least u can have a good middle school life in there.I love Garside,and I wish I can go back there as an volunteer one day.:)

Posted October 30, 2012
Frank Garside has no viable approach to Bullying. My Granddaughter has loved school since she started. Until she supposedly broke the unwritten law of NO SNITCHING. She was being bullied and it wasn't even her who contacted the authorities. It was another concerned adult. I am almost 60 years old and can't walk past that school without hearing the most vulgar insults I've ever heard a young person say. We have met w/ the principle , vice principle and dean of students. TO NO AVAIL. They say this is not a dangerous proble. MY daughter took my granddaughter to her parent-teacher conference , She was met outside by not only the bullies and their friends But also the adult sister of one of the students who brought along her own two young babies in a stroller to watch this fight or whatever was suppose to happen that day. The authorities that be said they took statements from the people involved . To my surprise the bullies statements matched, All 12 of them. The 3 that didn't were deemed misleading. Last week the school called us at home and asked us to pick her up for her own safety. she is scared to go to school.13 yrs.old and can't go to school

Frank F Garside Junior High School 4

Posted August 29, 2009
Garside is a very kewl school. we get to do alot of things like dances, basketball games, and feild trips. you can join diffrent clubs like the girls or boys basketball team, band, orchestra, choir, the cheerleading team, or just do what i do and join the Dance Tem!!! im a 8th grader this year and im not even sure i want to go to high skewl because of how much fun it is at garside! I Love Ya GDT 09' 4 Life!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank F Garside Junior High School

Posted August 21, 2009
Garside was a great school and made me a better person... I played on the basketball team and the coaches were great, send your child there and you won't regret it.

Frank F Garside Junior High School 3

Posted June 03, 2009
I am a former student at Garside, now attending Bonanza High.i do agree with some of the comments, for example, the root of discipline is at home. my parents have high expectations for me and i attempt to fulfill them. Yes, Garside has a bad reputation of a 'ghetto, bad school', but what makes people think that is the reflection on the student's personal image and because the school is an old building. Many programs there are not great, for example the band, i blame most of it on the teacher, Mr. Howley, he does not know how to teach for the success of the student and the program alone, yet their Orchestra has had much success with Mrs. Wood. They need teachers that are hard working and ENCOURAGING in a good way for a good view on every part of the school.

Frank F Garside Junior High School 3

Posted November 02, 2007
I'm a former student now attending Western High, Garside was a pretty cool school. The staff was overly discipling with the students you really couldn't do much without getting in trouble. They stick the kids in classes they didn't want to be in and there basically stuck in there wasting there time when they could be doing something they enjoy.The teachers are way better then the staff in my opinion. Espically Mr.Brody the 8th grade world geography teacher. He made school really fun. Garside is a good school not ghetto at all i enjoyed my 3 years. at that school. They just need to lighten up on the dress code.

Frank F Garside Junior High School
300 South Torrey Pines Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89107
Last modified Frank F Garside Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frank F Garside Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top