Las Vegas, NV

Posted October 28, 2012
Well my son has been a student at DONDERO Elementary since Kindergarten and has had the most awesome teachers in k-4 this year. He has had Mrs.Taber, Mrs. Castillo now Mrs.( Angeles? spelling) Ms. Rodriguez, and Mrs. Stocker. He has excelled in ways one can only hope for out of a child. These teachers are some of the best teachers i have ever met, they care about each student, they have really high standards for the kids and they don't let those standards drop for any reason. DONDERO is an awesome school with an awesome staff.

Posted January 18, 2012
This is very good school but their pe teacher is horrible he yells at the kids and parents don't say anything, they only comment about it but nobody does anything about it, he yelled at my 6 year old and got on his face now he is scare of going to school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 29, 2010
Special thanks to the teachers and staff for their dedication and caring of their students!!!they deserve more for the individual attention given to each student!! except-there are only 2% that are really harsh and maybe teacher assessments should be more frequent.Thank you again!!

Posted May 23, 2009
My daughter is just completing kindergarten. I just have to say how lucky we were to be zoned for Dondero Elementary School. Her teacher, Mrs. Castillo has to be one of the best teachers I've had the pleasure of meeting. She cares so much about her students. Never once did my daughter come home upset or bored. She always said that she has fun & loves learning. Mrs. Castillo helped my daughter acheive so many things. And because of Mrs. Castillo, my daughter has confience in what she's learned & is continuing to learn. I think that Dondero Elementary School is probably the best elementary school in Clark County. At Dondero you don't just feel like another parent, you feel apart of a family.

Harvey N Dondero Elementary School 0

Posted August 11, 2008
MY son attended Harvey Dondero last year for kindergarten. His teacher was intelligent and very patient. Mrs. Castillo is amazing. If he is that lucky in 1st grade I look forward to another wonderful year. However, security is lax. The school is locked up, but several people not allowed to pick my child up, did. So be careful on that one. My other concern is the wording of the letters they send home with the kids, very harsh. The letters are unneccasarily harsh. Secondly, there is literally something for sale every other day. Between my mother and myself we spent almost $1500 buying stuff. And we abstained from a lot of the fundraisers, and still managed to spend this much. Thank you.

Posted June 21, 2008
My grandson attended 3rd grade with Mrs. Rodriguez. He scored very high on his tests, and learned all his multiplication tables. She cares about the kids and builds a community of learners in her classroom. Thank you Mrs. Rodriguez.

Posted November 27, 2005
The teachers here are some of the best. Caring, involved and enthusiastic. Exceptional attention is given to the students to ensure they are placed correctly, whether that is advanced or needing special help. I only wish there was more focus on physical education.

Posted July 21, 2005
My son just got finished with first grade and he enjoys Dondero. The teachers and staff are remarkable people. They care about the kids. The reading program is great my son reads at almost a fifth grade level. He enjoyed going to art class and music class. He's learned so much and I have to thank the teachers there. Thanks!

Posted November 12, 2004
This is my step daughters 1st year at Dondero, she's a 2nd grader and was below average at her last school. Since starting this school she has improved vastly in all areas, and we have had a lot of support from her teachers, as well as school staff. She is happier and more responsible about her school work than she was at her last school and loves going. This is also her first year in a 12 mo school and I think it's benefiting her learning because she get's more breaks where she needs them and doesn't get burned out. They also allow her to be creative and maintain a very positive, friendly and safe atmosphere. I went to Dondero as a child and was an honors student, and some of my same teachers are still there. It's a great school, and in a great area. Good job!

Posted September 09, 2003
I have been a parent volunteer since (2000-2003)my son began school. I have always felt Dondero not only welcomes the students but more so the parents. My son has and is still enjoying going to Dondero. Also my husband went to Dondero as well, which makes it a little more special for us. Thank you, Mrs.Limtiaco

Harvey N Dondero Elementary School
4450 South Ridgeville St, Las Vegas, NV  89103
Last modified Harvey N Dondero Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harvey N Dondero Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top