Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted May 26, 2016
*Updated*. My children attend Dondero in preK (A great program through Child Find. For age 3 and up that need extra help or as fellow students to model great behavior) and Ms Sanobia's Kinder class. My K student loves their teacher and class and has learned so much in just the 2 months school has been back. My K student loves all the Specials classes as well, with PE and art being tied as favorite. I'm still waiting to love my PreK student's class, as it hard to not compare to our amazing experience last year at Theriot. Ms Amy, the Speech Therapist has been w my child for 2 years and is wonderful. We have had no issues w staff (besides the awful hassle w enrollment in the new system that started this year) and are looking forward to a wonderful year. So after another month, the preK teacher grew on us and we were so excited to have her as a teacher. Then BAM! She is now gone (no goodbye, no notice from the school. It was by chance I even found out, as my child rides the bus (and we don't have a teacher as of yet, not even a perm sub!) My K student is now on teacher #2 and October isn't even over with. Today we finally got a note saying our K teacher had left (nearly 2 months ago!!!!) And also, when I went to the office to ask questions (not during lunch), the first 2 staff members I spoke with wouldn't even get out of their seats at their desks across the office and made me yell to them all of my questions (I have a quiet voice and don't like to speak publicly about private matters so that just made it worse) What was that!? And they were misinformed on some info (someone else corrected that info then) and made me feel unwelcome. Last update: My K student went through 4 teachers. We liked 3/4. My preK student went through at least 3 that I know of ( but had Ms. MJ as an ast all year. She was awesome!) I really like Mrs Poster, and I see her making Dondero really great in the next few years. She has lots of good ideas and a great vision for the school. Out of the schools nearby, I would definitely choose Dondero based on our experience vs family and friend's experiences at those school.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 04, 2015
Thanks to a the wonderful teachers and staff dedicated to helping our wonderful students succeed.

Posted October 28, 2012
Well my son has been a student at DONDERO Elementary since Kindergarten and has had the most awesome teachers in k-4 this year. He has had Mrs.Taber, Mrs. Castillo now Mrs.( Angeles? spelling) Ms. Rodriguez, and Mrs. Stocker. He has excelled in ways one can only hope for out of a child. These teachers are some of the best teachers i have ever met, they care about each student, they have really high standards for the kids and they don't let those standards drop for any reason. DONDERO is an awesome school with an awesome staff.

Posted January 18, 2012
This is very good school but their pe teacher is horrible he yells at the kids and parents don't say anything, they only comment about it but nobody does anything about it, he yelled at my 6 year old and got on his face now he is scare of going to school.

Posted March 29, 2010
Special thanks to the teachers and staff for their dedication and caring of their students!!!they deserve more for the individual attention given to each student!! except-there are only 2% that are really harsh and maybe teacher assessments should be more frequent.Thank you again!!

Posted May 23, 2009
My daughter is just completing kindergarten. I just have to say how lucky we were to be zoned for Dondero Elementary School. Her teacher, Mrs. Castillo has to be one of the best teachers I've had the pleasure of meeting. She cares so much about her students. Never once did my daughter come home upset or bored. She always said that she has fun & loves learning. Mrs. Castillo helped my daughter acheive so many things. And because of Mrs. Castillo, my daughter has confience in what she's learned & is continuing to learn. I think that Dondero Elementary School is probably the best elementary school in Clark County. At Dondero you don't just feel like another parent, you feel apart of a family.

Posted August 11, 2008
MY son attended Harvey Dondero last year for kindergarten. His teacher was intelligent and very patient. Mrs. Castillo is amazing. If he is that lucky in 1st grade I look forward to another wonderful year. However, security is lax. The school is locked up, but several people not allowed to pick my child up, did. So be careful on that one. My other concern is the wording of the letters they send home with the kids, very harsh. The letters are unneccasarily harsh. Secondly, there is literally something for sale every other day. Between my mother and myself we spent almost $1500 buying stuff. And we abstained from a lot of the fundraisers, and still managed to spend this much. Thank you.

Posted June 21, 2008
My grandson attended 3rd grade with Mrs. Rodriguez. He scored very high on his tests, and learned all his multiplication tables. She cares about the kids and builds a community of learners in her classroom. Thank you Mrs. Rodriguez.

Posted November 27, 2005
The teachers here are some of the best. Caring, involved and enthusiastic. Exceptional attention is given to the students to ensure they are placed correctly, whether that is advanced or needing special help. I only wish there was more focus on physical education.

Posted July 21, 2005
My son just got finished with first grade and he enjoys Dondero. The teachers and staff are remarkable people. They care about the kids. The reading program is great my son reads at almost a fifth grade level. He enjoyed going to art class and music class. He's learned so much and I have to thank the teachers there. Thanks!

4450 South Ridgeville St, Las Vegas, NV  89103
Last modified Harvey N Dondero Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.