Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Disagree

My Kindergarten child receives an excessive amount of homework over 10 pages and its every week. My other children have a lot of homework also. The thing that upsets me the most is that due to Common Core the homework and classwork my children are completing and turning in is not accounted for a grade so they are doing all this work for nothing. I feel like homework should only be given when the classwork is not complete so children have a chance to participate in sports, family time or other outside activities after school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This School is not honest because they do not tell parents whats going on with their kids or keep them informed or involved in the child's education. They are unfair with their policies and procedures and only do what is best for the Principle, that is why she has hired all new staff and terminated the ones who disagreed with her. She only kept the teachers and staff that will go along with her plans and reform. They do not take the parents considerations into account and if you have a concern they will dismiss it. I feel like the Principle is not looking out for the for the best interest of the kids or parents. This school is no longer a fun place to be according to my all of my children who attend here. Elementary School is supposed to be fun and the best years of School not a place your kids dread going to everyday.

My children currently attend this school and I am very displeased with the School's staff at policies being implemented at this school. The first year my children attended this school it was great. As of last year is when the school started to decline due to getting a new Principle and Vice Principle. These two have completely changed everything good about this school. They completely lock down the entire campus before and after school forcing children and parents to walk all the way around the campus. Causing many kids to be late which was a big issue for us last year. Parents and Children are not allowed to go inside or through the school before or after school. They will not allow parents to go in the cafeteria with their children in the mornings for breakfast. If you have a complaint and you go to the office or staff they will try to argue with you and dumb you down. My children do not even enjoy going to school anymore they feel like school is not fun and they are restricted from using the restroom during class, they are always told to be quite during lunch and if their class is loud they lose their recess time and have to practice lining up. They have a shorter recess and a short time to eat their lunch as the cafeteria is very small and does not fit a lot of children. I have had so many problems with this school since last year. More than half of the teacher who were employed at this school for a long time have left or been terminated. They even target children and parents for being late or absent and put them in a truency class once a week and make them do extra assignments and send the child with a progress reports to give to their teachers without parent permission or notifying the parents. There are no cross walks on either side of the school where the children enter the school at the back of the school. Last year I found out that all the homework and class work my children do is not being counted as part of their grade and they get a lot of homework. My Kindergarten student came home with a 10 page packet full of homework. I am very disappointed with this school and I am currently trying to find a new school for my children to go to.

*Updated*. My children attend Dondero in preK (A great program through Child Find. For age 3 and up that need extra help or as fellow students to model great behavior) and Ms Sanobia's Kinder class. My K student loves their teacher and class and has learned so much in just the 2 months school has been back. My K student loves all the Specials classes as well, with PE and art being tied as favorite. I'm still waiting to love my PreK student's class, as it hard to not compare to our amazing experience last year at Theriot. Ms Amy, the Speech Therapist has been w my child for 2 years and is wonderful. We have had no issues w staff (besides the awful hassle w enrollment in the new system that started this year) and are looking forward to a wonderful year. So after another month, the preK teacher grew on us and we were so excited to have her as a teacher. Then BAM! She is now gone (no goodbye, no notice from the school. It was by chance I even found out, as my child rides the bus (and we don't have a teacher as of yet, not even a perm sub!) My K student is now on teacher #2 and October isn't even over with. Today we finally got a note saying our K teacher had left (nearly 2 months ago!!!!) And also, when I went to the office to ask questions (not during lunch), the first 2 staff members I spoke with wouldn't even get out of their seats at their desks across the office and made me yell to them all of my questions (I have a quiet voice and don't like to speak publicly about private matters so that just made it worse) What was that!? And they were misinformed on some info (someone else corrected that info then) and made me feel unwelcome. Last update: My K student went through 4 teachers. We liked 3/4. My preK student went through at least 3 that I know of ( but had Ms. MJ as an ast all year. She was awesome!) I really like Mrs Poster, and I see her making Dondero really great in the next few years. She has lots of good ideas and a great vision for the school. Out of the schools nearby, I would definitely choose Dondero based on our experience vs family and friend's experiences at those school.

Well my son has been a student at DONDERO Elementary since Kindergarten and has had the most awesome teachers in k-4 this year. He has had Mrs.Taber, Mrs. Castillo now Mrs.( Angeles? spelling) Ms. Rodriguez, and Mrs. Stocker. He has excelled in ways one can only hope for out of a child. These teachers are some of the best teachers i have ever met, they care about each student, they have really high standards for the kids and they don't let those standards drop for any reason. DONDERO is an awesome school with an awesome staff.

This is very good school but their pe teacher is horrible he yells at the kids and parents don't say anything, they only comment about it but nobody does anything about it, he yelled at my 6 year old and got on his face now he is scare of going to school.

Special thanks to the teachers and staff for their dedication and caring of their students!!!they deserve more for the individual attention given to each student!! except-there are only 2% that are really harsh and maybe teacher assessments should be more frequent.Thank you again!!

My daughter is just completing kindergarten. I just have to say how lucky we were to be zoned for Dondero Elementary School. Her teacher, Mrs. Castillo has to be one of the best teachers I've had the pleasure of meeting. She cares so much about her students. Never once did my daughter come home upset or bored. She always said that she has fun & loves learning. Mrs. Castillo helped my daughter acheive so many things. And because of Mrs. Castillo, my daughter has confience in what she's learned & is continuing to learn. I think that Dondero Elementary School is probably the best elementary school in Clark County. At Dondero you don't just feel like another parent, you feel apart of a family.

MY son attended Harvey Dondero last year for kindergarten. His teacher was intelligent and very patient. Mrs. Castillo is amazing. If he is that lucky in 1st grade I look forward to another wonderful year. However, security is lax. The school is locked up, but several people not allowed to pick my child up, did. So be careful on that one. My other concern is the wording of the letters they send home with the kids, very harsh. The letters are unneccasarily harsh. Secondly, there is literally something for sale every other day. Between my mother and myself we spent almost $1500 buying stuff. And we abstained from a lot of the fundraisers, and still managed to spend this much. Thank you.

My grandson attended 3rd grade with Mrs. Rodriguez. He scored very high on his tests, and learned all his multiplication tables. She cares about the kids and builds a community of learners in her classroom. Thank you Mrs. Rodriguez.

Last modified Harvey N Dondero Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.