Posted January 29, 2014
Hellen Smith is an excellent school for children of special needs. My son is in a class of 10 w/ 3 wonderful caring teachers who are dedicated to the understanding of the needs of the children. They take time to speak to parents w/out the need of a meeting. The staff are pleasant and the nurses department are professional in caring for students health seriously. I couldn't ask for a better school for my autistic child

Helen M Smith Elementary School 4

Posted September 14, 2011
Principal Hanyl runs a tight ship..staff is very good. Hidden treasure..Many experienced and highly qualified school Real old school attitude...

Posted April 27, 2011
i LOVE this school! My daughter just stareted this year (2010-2011) and we had to move 2 months into the year, she cried her eyes out at the new school, we ended up moving back so she could continue being a SUPERSTAR. The teachers are great. My daughter had trouble with learning a few things, and she gets better everyday. i couldn't be any happier with where she is.

Posted February 23, 2011
As a prent of 2 school age children I can honestly say "I LOVE THIS SCHOOL" When I wake the kids the big question is WHAT DAY IS IT? Thats so they know what to dress for (p.e.,art, or shool shirt). I enjoy the ride to school,after picking up neighbors, the kids all talk about the day before in class and what they are doing today. It makes me feel good the first person we see is the lady who guides the cars and busses. She is always smiling and greeting the students by name. Our next step is to the classrooms where we are greating the same way. We all know the teachers do fantastic jobs that is proven time and time but to see they enjoy it is nice. I have to give the teachers and staff they are there for the students all the time.

Posted November 05, 2010
Helen Marie Smith Elementary School has been chosen as one of a select few schools in the nation to receive the coveted 2010 Blue Ribbon National School designation from the United States Department of Education. US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan announced on September 9 that only 304 schools 264 public and 50 private - were named for the honor this year. Only two schools in the state of Nevada were selected for the award that recognizes schools that are either academically superior or have made dramatic gains in student achievement and helped close the gap in achievement among minority and disadvantaged students. I am very proud of my staff and our community. It was truly a team effort of all of our stakeholders in the community..

Posted April 28, 2010
Awesome school! As a parent and volunteer I have been at Smith for 6 years and seen first hand the most dedicated teachers and staff. They go over and above to make sure their students are achieving to the best of their ability. The administration makes a point to even do recess/lunch duty so they can get to know all the students. That alone makes a difference and shows dedication. The 1st CRT Boot Camp this year was a huge success and the kids loved it. It is one of the best schools in Nevada,

Posted April 27, 2010
I have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader my kids love going to school staff, teachers always happy willing to work with children/parents it is a great school highly recommended

Posted April 23, 2010
H.M. Smith is a wonderful school! According to my son, and from what I have seen myself, positive behaviors are definitely recognized and reinforced at this school. The teachers and the principal, Mr. Haynal, obviously care about their students and are going to great lengths to build that sense of community that is lacking in so many of our schools today.

Helen M Smith Elementary School 0

Posted April 08, 2010
I used to absolutely love this school. My 6th grade daughter went here, my son is currently in the 4th grade and I planned to have my two year old attend when she turns 5. Unfortunately, the principal left last year and it has gone straight down since then. I don't know how Mr. Haynal's lack of leadership and very poor personality has caused such a rapid decline but it has. Bullying, fights and poor behavior in all grade levels has forced me consider homeschooling my son's last year of elementary. Very sad, it was a great school.

Posted August 02, 2009

Helen M Smith Elementary School
7101 Pinedale Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89145
Last modified Helen M Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Helen M Smith Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top