PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

What's sad about this school is that there are so many bullies. This is NOT A SAFE PLACE to send children to middle school especially during transition from elementary to middle school where several changes and challenges occur among students during these years. There are so many kids here who are rude, show off, and bullies.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Academic wise, it's good. There are teachers who are great, some are mediocre. But the morale of the school community is very low.

Amount of homework: Agree

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There are so many kids here who are rude, show off, and bullies. And I see some parents who are the same, no wonder their kids act this way. So many issues in terms of honesty, integrity, and fairness among its students. So sad.

I went to st viator school 4-8 grade. I disliked this school very much. The curriculum is horrible. 4 & 5 grade were good and my teachers taught everything in an easy way. Once I moved up to middle school the teachers seemed unamused and just like they didn't care about the students. The math teacher should not be the math teacher. Half of the class failed when there were tests and she expected us to know all the information before she taught us what we needed to know. Once I failed my test and she told me I should have properly prepare. I asked her questions and she did not care to explain the information to me. The office staff is rude and they treat the students and parents poorly. There is also no security on the campus. The school has made it so that you have to sit out in the courtyard before school. This is unsafe and they should just let the students sit inside the gate before school.

Develops character: Disagree

How can this school develop honesty AND integrity in children when they are misleading parents into thinking their staff are all licensed and qualified in this state?

Only 8 out of the 22 staff members possess VALID Teaching Licenses in Nevada, and the principal doesn't even have an administrator's license. She states on their website, "All of our teachers are degreed and certified in their field and many members have Master Degrees and Catechist Certification." This just isn't the truth. This year we moved our children to a charter school where all teachers are licensed. Our children will receive Religious Education at Viator's Parish, where we remain parishioners. We feel they know more about God than education at this point.

My kids have been at St. Viator for several years & have only had one teacher I didn't agree with. If you belong to the Parish & are involved then you might have a greater appreciation for the school. Some reviews are old ( 9 years ago.. times have changed). There are going to be cliques wherever you go. There are security gates around the campus & you have to get buzzed in the office via a camera intercom system. The gates are locked after school & you need to use the intercom to get your kids from aftercare. There are single parents, divorced parents, all ethnic backgrounds.... I feel everyone is treated the same. The kids are well mannered and classroom sizes are larger than I would like but there are 2 teachers in the classroom. My youngest child's class size is much smaller than my oldest's class. I have a family member who is the same age as my youngest (they go to public school) and St Viator is more advanced from what I can see. Get involved & volunteer so you can see what the environment is like, even if it is 1 day a month. All volunteers get fingerprinted & background checks done. If you are not happy at the school then find a better fit. Being positive goes a long way!

I went to this school almost 9 years ago. After graduating from here (after Pre-k-8) and going to a public hs I realized how far behind I had gotten. I had almost no algebra skills when I graduated. My parents were getting divorced when I was there in middle school and I was treated differently by teachers, parents, and other students. Another parent actually called my mom several explicit names for getting a divorce. I remember being treated like the "other" because my father was a mechanic and not wealthy. If you are looking to get your child a good education on catholic doctrine, that is one thing this school can accomplish. Nothing was ever explicitly said against homosexuality, however it took me years to recover and accept myself and rid of the shame I felt. Bullying is characteristic of many of the children at the school. I remember the uniform being changed arbitrarily by the administration several times, which was a real struggle for my family considering how very expensive they are. If you are looking to get your child a good education, I would suggest other schools. Checkout some of the magnet schools in the area.

I agree with all the opinions listed. The school seems to be unsafe, no security just over acting prima-donna volunteer moms even if there were incidents of break-ins and hobos coming into the school. Teachers in elementary grades 1- 4 are great and helpful however, junior high teachers are rude and unprofessional. Junior high teachers think they know it all when the fact, their methodology in teaching is very antediluvian. Teachers like: LH, KF and KT are wiseacre, impudent and are procrastinators in updating your child s grades.

Last modified St Viator Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8