No rating

St Joseph School

Private | K-8

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $47,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Posted October 6, 2013

This school was CLOSED down at the end of the 2012-2013 school year. Parents, teachers and students were notified the last week of school that they would not be open in the fall od 2013.

Posted March 29, 2013

My brother and I attended St. Joseph's over 25 years ago! I have very fond memories of the 8 years I attended. I remember the small class sizes and the staff of long ago. I remember my classrooms, all my teachers, Collins Hall, Father McDonnell, the playground like it was yesterday.I remember the two twin sister nuns who worked in the front office. Ahhhh, memories. One first grade teacher I had way back then, still teaches there! That's awesome. It's cute to see they still do the Jog-a-thons and so many things we did back then. Way to go SJS for still going all these years later.

Posted December 26, 2012

I am an alumni of St. Joseph's Catholic School and also Bishop Gorman St Joseph's was a wonderful School and I am glad I had the opportunity to go there.

Posted October 17, 2011

We are thrilled to be part of such a warm, welcoming and wonderful school environment. The teachers, staff and principle have made my son's first year of school an amazing experience. We look forward to may more years at St. Joseph School.

Posted October 12, 2010

This is not just a school. It is a community.

Posted October 12, 2010

It is truly a family community where everyone cares about everyone. A wonderful, safe environment where children flourish.

Posted June 29, 2008

I am an alumni of St. Joseph's Catholic School and it has contributed to my academic career greatly! I now attend Bishop Gorman High School where I will be a senior this upcoming school year. I take all AP and Honors classes while playing on the Varsity Soccer team where I was the only sophomore in the state of Nevada on the All-State Soccer Team and All-State Academic Team. I believe that St. Joe's taught me the disciple and determination to achieve all of my dreams no matter how far-fetched they were!

Posted March 4, 2008

I have attended this school ever since 1st grade and I am now in 7th and I still have my 8th year to go. Saint Joseph is a wonderful school. We may have small classes but it means more individual attention for the students. Our school promotes many things and teaches things that we would use in college and even after college...SJS is the best!
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 7, 2007

the best school ever. it promotes leadership, college prep without stress for the children.

Posted November 19, 2006

Best place EVER!! They really prepared me for highschool and great memories.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 18, 2005

My duaghter has attended this school since 1st grade (currently in 7th). This is a wonderful school. It has small classes, lots of activities, religious base. An overall, 'close family' school. These kids are smart and definitely on the right track. If you are looking for a traditional catholic school with all the modern day tools, then St. Joseph is the place. God Bless.

Posted August 24, 2004

My brother and I both attended this school from 1st through 8th grades. An excellent school with an exceptional staff! The encouragement of parent involvement helps make the school feel more like a community. My entire family is still involved with many other families we got to know!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 23, 2004

Wonderful school. Religious training...small classrooms, lots of activities, calm and peaceful surroundings, basketball, baseball, volleyball teams...excellent school studies and wonderful teachers and staff.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 11% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Las Vegas

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1300 Bridger Avenue