Las Vegas, NV

Posted April 18, 2014
We had our child in Pre-K a few years ago and had the worst experience with his teacher - who had no business interacting with children based on her temperament, socials skills and sense of compassion. The front office did nothing to help us out- nothing. We pulled our child out and went on to a Lutheran pre-school where there were absolutely no issues from that day forward. I grew up in Catholic Schools- I have never seen anything like this - just so fundamentally wrong. Should have learned our lesson when Father Shanine baptized our child.

Posted December 05, 2013
I had two children in in two different grades for four years an I pulled them. Most teachers should not be teaching they show no comparison. My kids were bullied the oldest the most. My child would always say this is a school of God why are the kids so mean? The office would never put it to a stop. The ladies in the office are two faced. They were nice to us and other parents but mean to the children. The only thing that drives this school is money! If your not in the click good luck that goes for the teachers,too. The teachers will not stay after to give any help who may need it. They when the kids leave. Most teachers look miserable and play two face. My children are better off in public school at least the teachers are held accountable and willing to help. PUBLIC Schools have a bully policy. My children are doing Very well in public school academically and emotionally now!

Posted September 11, 2013
We used to have fight club and never got caught, We lost a lot of good men.

Posted September 11, 2013
I lost a lot of friendly men in the fight club. The men have never been found yet.

Posted May 24, 2013
I am shocked how OLLV has gone from one scandal to another and yet goes on as if they are above it all. The people that run this school are running it as if it is a little boys club. Since they ousted Mr. Martinez years back, it has ran it's course. Martinez made the school enjoyable. Now I hear of parents taking their children out after seeing the lack of teaching. I am in awe of how they try and justify the price of admittance and little in return, but a God bless you and yet turn on you. From the smug little ladies at the front office to the ones that run this school. It is an embarrassment to the education system. They are content with taking your money and giving you one of their fake smiles. Turns you right off about Las Vegas. Where Vegas is trying to make strides. OLLV is seems to be the attitude of, thanks for your money and we will see what little we can get away with.

Posted April 11, 2013
This is not a "private" school, but a parochial one. There IS a difference. The morals, faith, and dedication to our community, that are part of our lives, are supported by the faculty and staff. Classroom sizes are public system size, but the curriculum is far superior... traditional with a technology twist. Love the daily televised news by the students, and that there are no questions for the safety of our children. The administration and office staff are smiling, welcoming, and always helpful. Despite it's age, it is clean, in good repair, well landscaped and maintained. We love The school starts the day saying the pledge and morning prayers together as a community. Although there are 700 + students, the principal seems to know almost all by name, and makes herself available to answer our concerns or needs. She looks at a sampling of the students work each month, and personally responds to each student. Parent involvement, which includes finger-printing and a safety class, is welcomed, appreciated, and encouraged. If you want your children to be in a loving environment, offering a quality education with high student involvement expectations, this is the place for you!

Posted March 29, 2013
The school is a disappointment. The main differences between Our Lady of Las Vegas school and a public school are Religion class and tuition fees. Quality of education and curriculum are poor. As a parent, why pay? Just send your kids to public school or magnet school. It is better for you and your kids.

Posted October 26, 2010
We love this school so far. Caring staff and teachers. The parents have been great to get to know. My child has had a great first school experience here and we would highly recommend it.

Our Lady Of Las Vegas School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
My daughter is in her second year at the school and I've been generally quite happy with the teachers, curriculum, and administration. Yes, classroom sizes are a little on the large size. However, the younger grades have two teachers handling the load and ensuring kids are progressing to their potential. Overall, we're quite happy with the value of education she's receiving and plan to enroll her younger brother in a few years.

Posted May 07, 2009
I moved here from the mid-west and love the community and curriculum the school focuses on! They follow the same curriculum from the mid-west and if I was ever to move back my child will not be left behind!

Our Lady Of Las Vegas School
3046 Alta Drive, Las Vegas, NV  89107
Last modified Our Lady Of Las Vegas School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Las Vegas School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top