PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

-Parent I have had 2 children that have gone through Our Lady, one has graduated and one is currwntly there. I will say this. There are some really good teachers there. Mr. And Mrs. Martinez, Ms. Morrow, Mrs. Dingerson. The problem is the principal Mrs. Joyce. She has no business running a school. She is the least involved administrator I have ever seen. She just recently hired a teacher with no license and no teaching experience at all. There were other applicants that were actual licensed teachers! How many of the parents know they are spending $600 a month for a parent to teach their child! This is outrageous. She has run off a lot of great teachers too. It is pathetic. I am so sad to see what ise to be a great school just being run i to the ground. FYI..the school's admission numbers are down 40%. Might be time to look for another school. Preferably one that actually has teachers teaching the kids.

The families and children who attend this school are wonderful, but the principal is extremely uninvolved and ineffective. Many good families and teachers have left this school (including ourselves) due to the lack of leadership and lack of involvement of the administrator. The principal is invisible and leaves work by 1 PM. She is not involved in the classrooms or activities outside of school. The bad reviews on this website are true. The technology teacher is awful and they learn nothing worthwhile in that class. My children also reported learning about eagles as a previous review states - and the kids don't learn how to use Excel or Powerpoint. One of the 5th grade teachers loses all the kids assignments and the school's solution is to tell the parents that it is their job to keep all of their children's work and then prove to the school that they did it. How about fire the teacher that loses all the kids work instead? This school will NOT IMPROVE until the diocese removes Mrs. Joyce as the principal. She is the reason the good teachers and the families all leave.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They do not possess valid teaching licenses, therefore they do not understand educational theory, curriculum and instruction.

This school's technology class learns about eagles. Not even about how to use computers or any useful information to use for high school.

We had our child in Pre-K a few years ago and had the worst experience with his teacher - who had no business interacting with children based on her temperament, socials skills and sense of compassion. The front office did nothing to help us out- nothing. We pulled our child out and went on to a Lutheran pre-school where there were absolutely no issues from that day forward. I grew up in Catholic Schools- I have never seen anything like this - just so fundamentally wrong. Should have learned our lesson when Father Shanine baptized our child.

I had two children in in two different grades for four years an I pulled them. Most teachers should not be teaching they show no comparison. My kids were bullied the oldest the most. My child would always say this is a school of God why are the kids so mean? The office would never put it to a stop. The ladies in the office are two faced. They were nice to us and other parents but mean to the children. The only thing that drives this school is money! If your not in the click good luck that goes for the teachers,too. The teachers will not stay after to give any help who may need it. They when the kids leave. Most teachers look miserable and play two face. My children are better off in public school at least the teachers are held accountable and willing to help. PUBLIC Schools have a bully policy. My children are doing Very well in public school academically and emotionally now!

I am shocked how OLLV has gone from one scandal to another and yet goes on as if they are above it all. The people that run this school are running it as if it is a little boys club. Since they ousted Mr. Martinez years back, it has ran it's course. Martinez made the school enjoyable. Now I hear of parents taking their children out after seeing the lack of teaching. I am in awe of how they try and justify the price of admittance and little in return, but a God bless you and yet turn on you. From the smug little ladies at the front office to the ones that run this school. It is an embarrassment to the education system. They are content with taking your money and giving you one of their fake smiles. Turns you right off about Las Vegas. Where Vegas is trying to make strides. OLLV is seems to be the attitude of, thanks for your money and we will see what little we can get away with.

This is not a "private" school, but a parochial one. There IS a difference. The morals, faith, and dedication to our community, that are part of our lives, are supported by the faculty and staff. Classroom sizes are public system size, but the curriculum is far superior... traditional with a technology twist. Love the daily televised news by the students, and that there are no questions for the safety of our children. The administration and office staff are smiling, welcoming, and always helpful. Despite it's age, it is clean, in good repair, well landscaped and maintained. We love The school starts the day saying the pledge and morning prayers together as a community. Although there are 700 + students, the principal seems to know almost all by name, and makes herself available to answer our concerns or needs. She looks at a sampling of the students work each month, and personally responds to each student. Parent involvement, which includes finger-printing and a safety class, is welcomed, appreciated, and encouraged. If you want your children to be in a loving environment, offering a quality education with high student involvement expectations, this is the place for you!

The school is a disappointment. The main differences between Our Lady of Las Vegas school and a public school are Religion class and tuition fees. Quality of education and curriculum are poor. As a parent, why pay? Just send your kids to public school or magnet school. It is better for you and your kids.

We love this school so far. Caring staff and teachers. The parents have been great to get to know. My child has had a great first school experience here and we would highly recommend it.

Last modified Our Lady Of Las Vegas School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8