Posted December 08, 2014
We moved our family to Las Vegas from out of state for our kids to have the academic and athletic opportunities Bishop Gorman offers. We have not been disappointed! Our oldest is an honor student who also plays on the football team. He has thrived at Gorman and will be well prepared for college. Further he has made life long friends, has teachers who know who he is and are genuinely interested in his success and we appreciate the spiritual element and emphasis on service even though we are not Catholic. While no school is perfect, we have been happy with our decision for our family to come here.

Posted October 06, 2014
I couldn't agree more to the recent posts on here. My daughter attended BGHS last year. In fact, we moved back to the area so she could attend a Catholic high school. My daughter attended Catholic schools her whole life (K-8). We realized what a terrible mistake we made by enrolling her at Gorman. This school is "Catholic" in name only. It's no wonder there are more independent Catholic schools popping up around the country. Gorman's main focus is on athletics, particularly football. Parents, if you want your children to receive a true Catholic education, do not send them here. Save your money! I recommend homeschooling since everyone knows what a joke the Clark County School District is.

Bishop Gorman High School 3

Posted April 30, 2014
I am a sophomore at Gorman currently. I play football and am in the highest level of classes (scholars and AP) and hold a high GPA, so I will admit that I do have a bit of preference going for me. However, I feel that the school is run very poorly in a number of ways. First off, the administration killed school spirit. Dress down days and pep rallies are a joke because of the absurd limits put on what the students can and can't do. Second, some teachers are absolutely horrible at their job. Gorman seems to give preference to alumni and veterans when hiring while sacrificing quality. The school also holds the legitimate teachers back from utilizing their full potential as an educator. If you don't teach the way the want you to (even if it is not effective for the kids) they will call you in for a talk and after a couple instances, consider them gone. I also notice the deans IN GROUPS seeking out people for minor violations like untucked shirts, gum, etc., just for the pleasure of punishment rather than actually doing something productive. The education is good, sports are obviously great but more leniency and less limitation would make it a much better school.

Posted April 22, 2014
Im disappointed with this school. Its made out to be a good, catholic, serious school. First, this school is not Catholic. It is the least Catholic school of all schools. Not many people at this school are nice, students do not display catholic values. Mass is only held around few holy days of obligation - I think for a catholic school, it should be held more often. In addition the students are terrible. It is very politically biased - athletes, especially football players and cheerleaders, are usually favored. It also seems like students are either over or under disciplined. Many programs are under appreciated. It feels like if you're not a "cool, athletic, party" person then you don't shine as much at this school. Another thing that bothers me about this school is the major lack of school spirit. Football and basketball games are almost always empty. When entering high school, I was excited to support my school but it almost seems as if you are looked down on for having school spirit - it's not "cool." I am running out f characters but i could go on. In conclusion, the school is not what it seems. Its a mess. The teachers are just ok, nothing special. Some are great others arent.

Posted March 17, 2014
I went to Catholic school all my life until I left Gorman as a Junior, I couldn't put up with it anymore. This school isn't Catholic, and I was severely bullied there. The rich kids got special attention, and got away with things.

Posted February 21, 2014
I am very disappointed to say that I am a student at Bishop Gorman. There is absolutely nothing positive about this school outside of the athletics. I have different interests that most kids, i dont play football of soccer, so there are very little things for me to do here outside academics, there aren't many elective choices either compared to what i see on Palo Verde's student handbook. Worst choice I have ever made. A lesson to all you up and coming high schoolers don't choose to go to a school just because most of your friends are going there, go to a school that fits you. This school does not fit anyone that does not have an interest in sports. All you parents, please send your kid to another school i.e. Faith, Meadows, any public or tech school are much better choices.

Bishop Gorman High School 2

Posted May 19, 2013
This school is absolutely absurd. The rules are ridiculous and take away the fun that should occur in high school. My son has told me many stories of the political factors that play into the administration's role. One student was told that he could either "tell on his friends" or "be expelled." Not very "Catholic" is it? I want my kids in an environment that conveys the importance of friendship, not an environment of fear. The deans and the principal need to open their eyes and realize that they are ruining high school for kids by making them fearful and deteriorating their friendships.

Bishop Gorman High School 3

Posted May 10, 2011
I attended Bishop Gorman when I was of high school age because I wanted the best education I could get in Las Vegas. I thought Gorman would be the answer. It was not. While the classes were interesting and challenging, the attitudes of some of the staff towards me (as a minority and slightly overweight) subjected me to ridicule and threats to "ruin my GPA". NOT a very positive, encouraging attitude. When it was brought to the attention of the superiors at the school, nothing was done. I stayed only one semester at Gorman, the constant teasing and bullying done by students and some staff made it unbearable, and I was forced to leave. My niece has been accepted to Gorman; I pray that she has a better experience than I.

Posted April 28, 2011
It is a great school with an amazing sense of family and community. This school also offers amazing educations and has one of the top sports programs in the country.

Posted May 28, 2010
When my child(who went to a public middle school) first started at Gorman, they were amazed that the teacher didn't have to stop teaching even once to take care of students disrupting the class. 100% of the time was devoted to teaching the students and allowed for a great learning environment.. The teachers are excellent and my child says that they were the best teachers he/she ever had. I also like their emphasis on being well rounded.

Bishop Gorman High School
5959 South Hualapai Way, Las Vegas, NV  89148
(702) 732-1945
Last modified Bishop Gorman High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Bishop Gorman High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top