Posted October 06, 2013
My wife and I currently have our 3rd child in FGS, we absolutely love the school. FGS is a small school with only one class per grade level, this has given all of my children a well rounded education due to the varying teaching styles of each individual teacher. The principal is extremely approachable, as is the entire staff. Parents are encouraged to deal with the teacher first, as it should be, and then, if they still have an issue, to bring it to the principal or vice-principal. I have sat in his office and discussed concerns with him on several occasions, sometimes I have seen changes in my favor and other times I have not. That is life, deal with it. Regardless of the outcome, I have never felt like I was just being "handled" to get me to go away. The staff at the school is fair, firm and consistent. As a parent, I am not foolish enough to think that my child could not have a disciplinary issue that may need to be addressed or a performance issue that may need to be handled. I encourage any individual reading these reviews to take into account that the overall rating is 5 stars. This school is a loving, caring and nurturing environment. Come tour our campus and see.

Posted July 28, 2013
this school is amazing I would highly recommend it over other private schools I love it

Posted March 22, 2013
I have both a pre-schooler and elementary child here for the last year and I have been satisfied with the following: Pre-School: great teachers, great admin, warm and caring environment, well paced education (teaches to the child rather than to great expectations) child loves being there; however, if your child is an intellectual powerhouse already at age 3, this school is NOT for you. It is emotionally conscious, but not for parents looking for a academic rigors. Elementary: no bullying is tolerated, admin and teachers do a great job of maintaining awareness of this issue. My child's first day of school, EVERYBODY knew his name, teachers greeted him like an old friend, and they had a gift bag ready for him. He felt loved and was ready to connect with the school that week. Academics is traditional, nothing innovative or aggressive, but that's not as important to me as my child's emotional well being which is much harder to fulfill than academic excellence. To compensate for this, he skipped a grade, but did not experience the "loneliness" most kids in his situation feel when they jump a grade. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for parents who care about emotional well being.

First Good Shepherd Lutheran School 3

Posted March 11, 2013
My children are very happy at FGS and I highly recommend all the teachers at this school except fourth grade. My son lost a full year while in the fourth grade at FGS and I won't let that happen to my other children. I might move them to another school then, maybe Lamb of God or Faith Academy. Even public school would be better than 4th grade at FGS. It's a shame too because everything else at FGS is perfect. The fourth grade teacher is the reason I gave the school 3 stars instead of 4 or 5.

Posted April 11, 2011
One of our children graduated from First Good, and our other child is currently attending. We are so blessed to have this school in Las Vegas. The principal, Jim Krafft, is beyond amazing in his leadership and dedication to the students. The teachers are caring and mentor and teach the students to strive beyond their capabilities.

Posted February 08, 2011
The teachers are great, the curriculum is great, the price is great, everything about the school is great!! I love everything about the school. I just wish it would go higher in grade levels!!

First Good Shepherd Lutheran School 3

Posted January 31, 2011
The school is very exceptional with educational and Christian aspects, but lacks informing the parent of situations that should be resolved with the parent only. I do have to agree with the other parent's review regarding favoritism between teacher and certain parents. The favoritism is certainly shown towards the student. Both aspects should certainly be eliminated completely.

Posted November 01, 2010
School teaches to student's level. Learning groups help children get a solid foundation at a pace they can handle. Higher level kids are not bored and can continue to excel in a positive friendly environment.

Posted May 11, 2010
First Good Shepherd is an outstanding school. Enrolling my child at this school was possibly the best parental decision I've ever made. My child has attended for the last four years and I have the utmost respect and appreciation for the work that all of the teachers and Mr. Krafft do to make this such an educational and compassionate environment. There are so many great extracurricular activities and families are really involved in their children's education. My child can't wait to go to school each day and is actually sad whenever school is out for vacation. I think that says it a lot!

Posted May 10, 2010
This school is awesome! The teachers are all so nice compared to other public schools. The principal, Mr. Krafft, is so nice and friendly. He never hesitates to help others. The curriculum is a lot more advanced compared to other public schools, specificaly in math and science. However, as one of the students, sometimes kids can be a tad bit hypocritical of others, although it's not too often. My only complaint is that there is a lot of favoritism.

First Good Shepherd Lutheran School
301 South Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV  89101
Last modified First Good Shepherd Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
First Good Shepherd Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top