Dr Miriam & Sheldon G Adelson Educational Campus 3

Posted October 23, 2013
My children attended this school a few years ago. While my two older children thrived, my youngest did not. Unfortunately, we did not notice this until two to three months into the school year and by then it was goodbye tuition dollars (most private schools do not issue tuition refunds). We were aware because he attended Adelson the prior year. Luckily, since my two younger children were in preschool, we were able to make different arrangements (i.e. we were paying for two half day classes and were able to get one child to go full day). In the end, we were able to get our child an IEP. IMO, sending your child here before Pre-K 4YO can be waste if, but if (1) there is wait list (2) money is no object (3) you can teach your child their ABC's and to count to 10, then it is worth applying. Should we have lived in Nevada, we would be wary of the upper school, because Adelson does not have any national merit scholarship candidates.

Posted September 16, 2013
My school is Adelson Educational campus in Las Vegas NV. I have two children here at the school and they love it. I started my sone in 2nd grade and he is now in middle school and thriving. He was in public school and struggled everyday, but with the compassionate teachers and support staff at Adelson he is doing amazing. My daughter started their in JK and is in first now and loves being there. She also has come so far and every one at the school is wonderful. I would say the entire staff of Adelson is very caring and compassionate. They all love what they do and love to see the children grow. I recommend this school to anyone. I have had and continue to have the best experience here.

Dr Miriam & Sheldon G Adelson Educational Campus 1

Posted September 02, 2013
I have written several reviews for this school that the administrators keep flagging to have removed. This is not the place to send your student if you want them to have a "great education". I had to move my student because we moved cross town and discovered that she is actually a year or more behind others in her same class. At Adelson she was at the top of her group. How is this possible? Her math skills and basic reading skills are low and I have to come out of pocket now to get her a tutor to catch her up. I'm happy that I discovered this before she got to high school. But now I understand why there is so much teacher turn over there. Save your money -- pay for a tutor and send them to public school. You are going to have to pay for one at some point if you send your student there.

Posted August 29, 2013
Top notch educators who truly care about your child's success! Allow students to be independent thinkers, creative and to excel.

Posted August 28, 2013
I have children in the Preschool and Lower School at the Adelson Educational Campus. They are eager to go to school in the morning and both are thriving and growing into confident, independent thinkers. In the Lower School, the teachers have been attentive and responsive to my son's need to be challenged academically and they communicate with me frequently and openly. I had a wonderful experience with a teacher, who, upon learning that we were not familiar with the teachers for the following year, set up a meeting for all of us to discuss my son's needs and interests so I would feel comfortable that we would find the best fit for him. That level of individualized attention is only one of the benefits of being part of a warm and forward-thinking community. I feel confident that the teachers know my children well, recognize their strengths, and encourage them to be responsible, inquisitive learners.

Posted August 28, 2013
The Adelson Educational Campus is a school like no other I've attended. The individualized instruction, the small class sizes, the trust and respect from peers and the amazing teachers who know each student by name is what makes Adelson not only an amazing environment to learn and grow, but a true community. I've been in public school and in other private schools and there is no comparison!

Posted August 28, 2013
My children have been attending this school since preschool. I couldn't be happier with the education my children are receiving.

Dr Miriam & Sheldon G Adelson Educational Campus 1

Posted June 07, 2013
Did not prepare my son for College as well as advertise, for the price and hoopla should have less show off and more substance.

Dr Miriam & Sheldon G Adelson Educational Campus 2

Posted April 14, 2013
1) Our experience is that students in other schools are learning more. Even nearby public schools (free) are ahead of our children's classes. Some students at Adelson say they are bored because of slow-pace, ease and repetitiveness of curriculum 2) For expensive tuition, the colleges that high school graduates are going to are not impressive. 3) Administration seems comfortable with status quo and resistant to calls for improvement 4) Recent complaints about lower school music or theatrical performances being way too racy and inappropriate. 5) In our opinion, school does not live up to its fine facilities or potential. Some good teachers but administration is not promoting excellence enough. Not surprised that parents move their children to other private and public schools that place high value on advanced learning. Bottom line, do three things: a) compare the colleges that Adelson's graduates go to the colleges that graduates from competing schools go b) compare apples to apples on what Adelson students are studying and what competing grades at other schools are studying. c) Ask families that left Adelson why they left.

Posted February 12, 2013
Our two girls have attended the Adelson Campus for the past six years, and like fine wine, it's gotten better with time. We started in the preschool and enjoyed not only an overwhelmingly warm and nurturing experience, but also an educational one that I would challenge other private schools in the area to compete against. As we work our way through the lower school, we are noticing a level of teacher attentiveness and professionalism that is leading the kids to strive for continued academic excellence. It is difficult to find a school in the Las Vegas valley that is just as dedicated to academic excellence as it is to maintaining a genuine balance of family-like community. Most importantly, when our kids wake up eager to attend school, to learn from and visit with their friends, and then return home joyfully sharing their day's stories...we create an even happier home.

Dr Miriam & Sheldon G Adelson Educational Campus
9700 Hillpointe Road, Las Vegas, NV  89134
Last modified Dr Miriam & Sheldon G Adelson Educational Campus is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Dr Miriam & Sheldon G Adelson Educational Campus Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top