PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Dr Miriam & Sheldon G Adelson Educational Campus 1

Posted June 20, 2016
Lower school is a complete disaster! New leadership is not qualified to lead and does not have advanced degrees and the qualified teachers were not given contracts. The new head coming is not qualified either. The school is not transparent as to what is happening and sugarcoat teachers and administrators degrees and experience. The curriculum is non existent.

Dr Miriam & Sheldon G Adelson Educational Campus 5

Posted February 02, 2016
I have 2 boys at the school, 1 in 5th grade who has been there since preschool and 1 in preschool. Here are pros and cons from my perspective: Pros: 1) security. In today's world, this is of utmost importance. There is a constant security presence, limited entrances due to gated campus, cameras, and multiple security measures. I drop my boys off and I have great peace of mind that they are safe. 2) teachers. We have been blessed with some of the most wonderful teachers. They see the whole child and go to great lengths to have my child reach their greatest potential. Each year I'm sad for my older son to graduate his class, only to be equally impressed with his new teacher. My son has been given enrichment packages and advanced opportunities to meet his specific goals. I'm beyond impressed with how this school developed and nurtured his love of learning and of school. 3) well rounded. The school has it all- academics, sports, clubs, electives, advanced technology, languages, arts... There is no need for me as a mom to run him all over town for additional experiences. Adelson has it all either during the school day or after. 4) parent involvement. If I have a question or concern, the teacher is very accessible and responsive. I can usually have my answer same day. Admin does require an appointment but also easy to do. 5) academics. I do notice that when the neighborhood kids (public school) come over, that they are considerably behind, especially in regard to spelling and math. They do 'core math' and gratefully Adelson does not. 6) conveniences- they provide all meals and snacks. Also, easy to contact secretary and have child waiting if, for example, mid day doctor appointment. They have early and after care. There is a drop off and pick up from car. 7) preschool is amazing. I've never had a single issue here. Director seems to run a tight ship and the teachers are just wonderful. Cons: 1) drama. In all these years I can't figure out if it's the parents, the staff, or the kids, but there is always drama. My boys have been unaffected by it but I've certainly seen some pockets or at times entire grades be plagued with drama. Some years its staff turnover, sometimes it's bullying, others it's idle gossip. 2) discipline. Kids get away with too many behaviors without clear consequences. Repeat offenders of bullying still there. 3) slow to change.

Grateful to: School leader

Posted February 02, 2016
Thank you to the new head for making the difficult but much needed staff changes. The school will be reorganized next year from 4 schools to 2 school and i think that is the best way to go. Thank you for fixing the school my children love.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 02, 2016
I love the teachers, my son loves all his teachers and I feel very secure with my 2 years olds teachers. I started getting updates in a tadpoles app with personalized pictures and daily activities.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 02, 2016
I hear parents want more and I agree, my 5th grade son averages 1-2 hours a night.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted February 02, 2016
It appears the new head of school was tasked to fix a young school's growing pains with experience and proven results. So far everything I've seen, I'm a believer.In the past kids have always gotten away with everything with no policies to be found. The new head has already made a difference.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted February 02, 2016
The school does have a lot of activities based on these qualities. Every week kids that are kind are identified and win awards. However, I have not seen it translate into a more caring group of children then anywhere else. This is something a small school such as Adelson could improve upon.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted January 27, 2016
From what I have personally observed when walking the halls during events and games, the students are very respectful and act like college students.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted January 27, 2016
I can only answer for my sons experience with his teacher and she is the absolute best. My son was out sick and she called me that afternoon to see if he was ok. I get daily emails on an app that shows me what he ate, what he didn't, what they did in class, bathroom stuff and pictures of everything. They care.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted January 27, 2016
I'm very pleased with my son's experience at this school. The teachers really care about my child and it shows. I've received several emails from the principal and feel that she is honest, direct and tells it as it is, which is refreshing.

9700 Hillpointe Road, Las Vegas, NV  89134
Last modified Dr Miriam & Sheldon G Adelson Educational Campus is a Private school that serves grades PK-12