Faith Lutheran Middle School & High School

Private | 6-12 | 1381 students

High technology in a truly Christian setting.

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $144,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,050.

Sweep tile

Posted February 25, 2014

I have a senior graduating this year from FLHS and could not have chosen a better school.

Posted February 19, 2014

Administration is not a problem. The CEO, admins, and office staff are very kind and treat kids fairly. The school cares about sports more than education, which is very odd. The teachers that also do sports are mainly focused on winning. in the monthly newsletter mailed home, over half of the newsletter is news about sports and advertisements. This school brags a little too much. Bullying and prejudice is a main problem here. Computer monitoring is also a problem. The tech center monitors student activity and movements too much. WHen my child's teacher says it's free time, the kids should do whatever they want. If they don't want them to play games, they should either take away computers and iPads completely, and just use the school computers. Or just turn to the old-time trusted pencil and paper. I barely make enough money to attend here, and I felt like all my hard work has gone to waste. The students here are all spoiled and don't know how to use money wisely. The school needs to tell the parent about this. The school is welcoming to the parents, but the parents are just spoiling their kids. Don't waster your money and time here. Go to a magnet public school instead.

Posted February 19, 2014

This school has any ups and downs, but the main one is about education. The teachers that are involved in sports, mainly care about sports. If you like football teachers and 4 years of wasted education and brain cells, this is the school for you. Last time, our teacher gave us the permission to have free time, and we were allowed to play games on our computers. Since the school gave us computers and the middle schoolers laptops, they should understand the risk and uncontrollability of the students. They logged me out of my computer for playing games. I tried again, and they kept logging me out. They later called my teacher, and this made me and my teacher very disappointed and embarrassed. They look at the activity too much. THey already block out social networking and monitor the email they have, so cyber-bullying shouldn't be a problem. If you want to feel like a tin can at the bottom of a trash can, this is the place for you. Enjoy.

Posted February 19, 2014

This school has terrible staff and administrators. Probably worst school I have been to. The kids here are rich and spoiled, and bullying and racism is a major problem here at this school. Last time, my teacher said that we could do whatever we want, because I took the test a day early. The IT department logged me out of my computer. They already block social networking and email, so cyber-bullying shouldn't be a problem. They monitor students' activities too much. If the student gets A's and high B's they should be able to play a game every here and there, but if they're getting F's and D's, then the IT department has the right to monitor every move they make. I'm a straight A's student since 1st grade, so I don't see the problems here. ANother problem here is education. I've never seen a school that cares so much about sports and not education. COME ON! This is a SCHOOL!

Posted February 16, 2014

I am a parent, my son went to this school for 4 years and did not like it at all. It has TONS to offer as the person below said, but it is not the Christian setting you think it should be. I am not happy with the principal or vice principal - they need to learn about working with children. I always on campus helping with this or that and saw the principal yelling at students. They should be treated with more respect even though they are kids. My son asked to be taken out for 2 years before and I didn't listen because this school should have been better. I am sorry we wasted 4 years here.

Posted February 11, 2014

My son graduated from Faith Lutheran and had a great experience. This is a truly caring school with TONS to offer students. The after school possibilities are endless. 99% of its graduates go on to the nation's best colleges. My son loved the teachers, all the technology, and the baseball program. I strongly recommend Faith!

Posted January 22, 2014

I went to this school for years and it has really changed. I don't like it as much as I used to. I want to go somewhere else. The kids are meaner than they used to be and the principal, vice prin and counselors are always in a bad mood. I don't get why they have to hate their jobs. Didn't they choose to do this for a living? I know a bunchof kids that want to do to a different school for high school and are leaving. they aren't fair and it stinks. school is hard enough we don't need the elders to be so brash and mean to the kids. have a chill life teachers i'm out of there after this year.

Posted January 21, 2014

I go to Faith and I don't like it. I am trying to get my parents to take me out. They think it is good for me and better education, but I have friends that left and get the same education and like their teachers and school. This school has a weird vibe, very rish kids are spoiled and bullying is a problem. I hope to go to a magnet hs soon.

Posted January 10, 2014

Faith Lutheran has all the makings of a great school but are failing with their administration. Greed and money are causing very bad decisions and they need to know how to work with children at this school age. My children were yelled at by administrators and teachers and it truly shouldn't be. I would expect this from public school where there is over crowding and just too many things going on. This school has no excuse for the things happening here. They are growing too large for their own good. If you are a parent with deep pockets they will do anything for you, but if you are like the other 80% of the families you are at their mercy. Someone needs to go in and clean house and get new administration. They seem to not have anyone to report to and are very rude. I have overheard the middle school principal talk to parents in a very arrogant and demeaning tone. We are leaving Faith for HS and I am sorry we were there for middle school. You pay A LOT of money to be treated badly and hide behind Christian Values which are lacking.

Posted December 16, 2013

Honestly I don't know why people give this school a bad reputation. I went to this school all the way from middle school to 12 grade. Sure it has it's ups and downs but overall I thought it was a great school that more than made me ready for college and honestly isn't that the reason people send there kids to private schools? For a more hands on, personal experience. Like I said it also has it's downs but every school has that. And I agree because it is a smaller school it does get very hard sometimes to fit in and feel accepted but overall I wouldn't trade the years I had at faith for anything.

Posted November 27, 2013

I went to this school for 2 years and always felt bad here. They are very clicky and it was hard to make friends. I liked my 6th grade teachers but hated the ones I had in 7th grade - they yelled a lot. I don't like having high schoolers in the school as they push you out and it is their school. I left to go somewhere else in 8th grade and even though it is crowded I made better friends and now like school. I wouldn't recommend this school.

Posted November 8, 2013

You need to know the truth about this school - it is a high price tag with nothing but the same drugs, bullying and issues other schools have. I have never had my child yelled at more for no reasons and she is a A student and never got in trouble. Teachers yelling and threathening kids the principal and vp walk around with attitudes and the environment is really terrible. My child begged me for a year to take her out. If you want a military type of school this is it. They don't have anyway to be accountable, once you register your child it is their way or no way. You have no recourse like you at least do in a public setting. I would be careful.

Posted November 4, 2013

I have been at this schooll for 4 years and HATED it. I begged my parents to take me out after the 2nd year and they thought it was supposed to be great - but it's not. In 6th grade we were with HS all the time and they pushed us around and slammed us into walls. The vice principal always said he would do something about it, but if you tell , the kids will turn on you later and you still get it and worse. The only thing different from this school is it only holds around 1700 kids so you are going to have less bullying, less drugs etc..... but there are drug at this school (rich kids have lots of money) and you have lots of bullying maybe more since there are only so many kids. The sports in middle school are a joke and coaches are teachers that don't want to be there after school but have to coach at least one sport. I can't believe my parents paid almost 10,000 a year for this school for as long as they did. I wouldn't have anyone go here. It looks good on the outside but the inside is terrible. Teachers don't teach, just sit up and lecture and they yell all the time. I moved schools and got better grades and likes it much better. BEWARE before you spend your money,

Posted August 28, 2013

What a dynamic school with a strong administration and dedicated faculty. I am so pleased with our choice to be a part of this community/faculty. We are loving every moment of our time there.

Posted March 19, 2013

This is my son's first year at Faith. He started as a freshman and we were concerned about him keeping up coming from public school. I will not lie. It has been a challenge, but a challenge worth committing too. He was never held to the same expectations in his previous schools which made him become complacent with his education. Faith put the bar high and keeps it there.And for that my son is learning again not just getting a grade. I have read that students do not feel teachers are available for help and I do not know what they are talking about. It may not be every day before and after school, but it will be one. My son has even found support from other teachers if his might not work with our schedule. All in all we could not be happier and look forward to the next 3 years. Let's be honest - no school is perfect. Faith however is just about as close as you will get. The positive attitude is infectious which will drown out the negitive. We are not rich people and this is not just a rich school. We make huge sacrifices for this opportunity, but I know this investment is priceless and wouldn't want my son anywhere else.

Posted November 28, 2011

This is my first year in faith and I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! The teachers, are nice but they dint care about the most important thing, EDUCATION!!! They told my mom and dad that they teach are students well, and that " there's not an excuse of not getting a "A"..... BUT THERE LYIERS!!!! The teachers are always busy with sports, thats all they care about SPORTS!! They always remind us that Knowledge is not important, what kind of school says that to there students. THE SCHOOL IS JUST ALL FUN AND GAMES!!!!! Last year i was a straight A student, and now im not doing good. THERES NOT 1 STUDENT WITH STRIAGHT A'S I EVEN ASK MY TEACHERS AND THEY SAID NO!!! PLEASE DONT WASTE YOU MONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 16, 2011

This is a Christ centered, loving atmosphere with high standards and recognition for its outstanding achievement. I would recommend the Faith Lutheran schools to anyone.

Posted October 19, 2011

Faith is an excellent school, and my daughter is blessed to have the opportunity to attend. The teachers are caring individuals, and I feel she is challenged academically. The one and only complaint would be offering vegetarians more options on the hot meal plan. It would be nice to have a non meat , hot entree once a week. True education is educating the mind, body, and soul. Even the public school district offers vegetarian meals on a daily basis. Other than my one issue, Faith is an awesome school!

Posted December 31, 2010

i absolutley love this school the teachers are terrific and you get the best of friends. the uniforms might not be the best but the education and the school is amazing! i came to this school thinking i wont do this great my first year but then i ended up with straight A's!!!! its awesome here and i love it mostly because i can express my love for god in a safe and loving enviorment. this is the greatest school i have ever been to!

Posted February 14, 2010

I attend Faith too. Sure it's not the greatest school, and they have their problems, but, nobody's perfect, and all the teachers and staff care about everyone and everyone's health and love being.
—Submitted by a student

Asian 10% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Faith Community Lutheran School
Mountain View Lutheran School
First Good Shepherd Lutheran School
Percentage of students going to 2-year college 19% (2012)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 78% (2012)
Percentage of students going to the military 1% (2012)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 2% (2012)
Colleges most students attend after graduation University of Nevada Las Vegas
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Special education coordinator
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff None
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Exemplary School - Lutheran Church Missouri Synod (2012)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Autism
  • Significant developmental delay
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Dr. Steve Buuck
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (702) 804-4488

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College prep
  • Honors track
  • Hybrid
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by staff
  • None
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Computer animation
  • Graphics
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Arts and crafts

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council