6-12|Private
1,381 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

This is a real weakness of the school environment, where the students are shepherded to be all the same (almost like robots). There is little path to learn differently.

Effective school leaders: Disagree

I think there is a general lack of leadership, due to what appears to be confusion as to who is in charge and what aspects each person feels like they have authority.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Some of them may be effective, but two of the three teachers my son had were not. They did not focus on students as a priority. They failed to mention my son was wondering out the window with a lack of focus (until I inquired). This is just one example, in which managing the classroom environment and student learning was sub-par. All communication had to be initiated by the parent.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The homework is excessive and requires re-teaching as the ultimate objective. Homework, in my opinions, should be the completion or practice of theories already initiated in class learning.

We just experienced one year at this school, and it did not meet our expectation of a positive academic environment. The administrators aren't clear on guidelines for uniforms and behavior for some students as to others. They make arbitrary, subjective decisions in counseling and advising students and parents. The classroom learning dynamic is limited to facilitating of textbook learning instead of actual teaching. As an educator myself, I spent well over 2 hours re-teaching my son each night. The Christian ideals of service and modeling faithful behavior, in my opinion, are not a philosophy adhered to by many at FLS. In fact, I found the culture to be snobbish, hypocritical, and a place in which where favoritism and denial of Christian standards fairly prevalent. If you are looking for a school with student education its highest priority, and not simply giving tons of homework for the evening, then this is not the school for you. Their learning system, Moodle, is not actively used by all teachers, also causing a lack of communication from teacher to student and parent.

I have 2 children at Faith Lutheran. One just started middle school and the other one entered in middle school and is now a junior in High School. I'm sure Faith has it's share of cliques and mean kids as any other school, after all kids are kids. The teachers, counselors and staff are always available and actively promote anti-bullying campaigns, host guest speakers for the kids and parents re: the dangers of social media and are very accessible to students and parents alike. Private schools are non-profit so they do not receive any grants from the government, so they do host fund raisers and clubs will ask for donations, but I have never felt pressured nor obligated to make a contribution. In addition to that, a lot of the fund raising is for students on financial aid so they can attend Faith. In my experience, I have found Faith exceptional with their very hands on counselors. All the information I receive from my son's counselor regarding college preparation (which started in 9th grade) to college application is worth it's weight in gold. A working mom such as myself, does not have a lot of time to socialize with other peer parents to get this kind of information. My son will graduate from Faith next year, and my daughter will finish her middle school and high school at Faith. I would highly recommend Faith to any parent!

I noticed on August 21, 2016 there are 3 favorable reviews. I think they teachers or admin get together to boost the ratings. You see I went to this school and hated every minute of it. It looks pretty and is very expensive to go to, but it's not what it appears. There are so many cliches in this school and very rich kids that treat people rudely. They ask for money all the and social media is used to bully all the time. I hated the teachers and princials always yelling at you. Never believing you because you are a kid and never listening to you. It is a dictatorship at its finest. I am so glas to be out of this school - it was awful. Don't be afriad of public school like my parents were. I love it, my grades went up and I have made more friends here then I ever did in all the years I was at Faith. Save your money and really think about where you spend it. They say they are all about helping people and are CHRISTAN, but they really aren't. Just bossy and mean.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Not at all. If the bullys parents has money to donate to the school their child can do whatever they want.

Supports LD students: Agree

The only good thing about this school is the Mark 10:14 program. It is a nice program

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Horrible CEO all about money. Principals just yell and bully themselves. Not caring and don't help just mean.

Last modified Faith Lutheran Middle School & High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12