6-12|Private
1,381 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have been a teacher in this school for a couple of years, I also had a child enrolled in Middle school. I moved, so I couldn't stay in that amazing place. Faith Lutheran administrators love the students sincerely with all their hearts, they visit them if they have health issues, they pray weekly for them, they bless them in chapel, etc. They also love them by not allowing indiscipline or bullying to go unpunished (I can relate to my own child experience). Bullying in this school is as present as in any other school because bullying is part of the human heart, and they accept Christian and non Christian students. They share the Gospel of Jesus Christ daily without putting pressure of any kind. The Christian values are constantly remembered. AND they do take care of those students that are untemperent and mean with others. Academically, there is a small part of teachers that could do more or better for their students. Which school doesn't? BUT THE VAST MAJORITY DOES A TREMENDOUS WORK to give the students a college preparatory experience. I do recommend this place a 100 times to anybody looking for an excellent education to their children.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Many students got scholarships to go to the best universities in the country and the school is participating in many national and international STEM (an others) competitions. Sports are not the only priority by far. My daughter loved the block schedule too, so she wouldn't have to do homework every day for every class. She also had 8 subjects instead of 7

Develops character: Strongly agree

I think because the Christian values are the ones of honesty, integrity and fairness, and they constantly talk about them.

Paying this much money for a private school education, you think you would have an administration that cares about your child and how they are preforming. Instead, as long as they are not causing any problems they are ignored. I tried to get the school administration to do something to help with my child who was struggling in her classes and received no assistance. When she finally acted out in a very minor way - was late to a few classes, had a disagreement with a child who had been bullying her and her friends for years in the morning before school started - finally she got the school's attention and we were in the office for a conference. They were more concerned with the fact that she had these minor incidents than with the fact that she was struggling in her classes. They are lax with their rules and seem to have an unusually high rate of failure amongst their student. It seems like 80% of my son's friends have to go to summer school for multiple classes, and these are smart kids from successful families. Every year my kids have had at least one teacher where it seems like at least half the class failed their course. For the amount of money you pay, this should not be the case at all. Like previous reviewers have said, it seems like all they care about is sports. In particular, the principal of the middle school is completely unsuitable for the job. She has no compassion or understanding of how children learn and would be better suited as a warden at a prison. These are children she is dealing with, not hardened criminals.

So disappointing. A Chrisitan school with no Christian values... Truly. I have my children there but will be leaving next year , i just cant keep pretending nothing is happening. You dont have to worry about children being bullies as the Principal and VP do a good job of this. This year alone I heard of multiple situations of them bullying kids and parents when they dont agree. A child in 6th grade had trouble fitting in and they asked him to leave because he was troubled. Instead of being Christian and helping the family, the Principal and VP just told the parents he cant stay at school. No offer of help, counseling or Christianity was suggested - just bye... Go away we dont want the problem. Then recently multiple girls goofing around threw prezetels at each other and after one student told - the VP had each girl ALONE in his office , door closed and bascaily terriozed them threating and degrading them .... for being kids. Suspended and then ridiculed its something so horrifying its like a military school or prison. Terrible and these are two examples of this year. Good riddence ! Christian school it is NOT!!

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I have made many friends over the years, some have come and gone and others have stayed by my side. I appreciate the friends this school has given me, but I still feel a weird vibe from the school. I am currently a Sophomore and have been attending faith since 6th grade. Faith cares way too much about their sports. They put too much time into them, and not enough into academics, especially the teachers. Bullying and cyber-bullying is also a issue here I feel. There are always twitter fights and the seniors and juniors being very rude to the underclassmen. This is supposed to be a Faith based school, and you have students harassing one another. The councilors do not care about your personal life, or what happens to you outside of school, they just are there to get paid, and nag you about going on to "Noviance". Also, they are super strict about dress code which is super stupid. If girls want to wear yoga pants, which look exactly like black school pants, let them. They decided to make "Casual Fridays" where you get to wear sweats, Faith approved sweats, to school on Fridays. I think the only reason they did this is to up the sweatpants sales in The Shield.

Faith Lutheran is a very safe and a great school. There is a security guard that patrols the campus all the time, and that just makes me know that we are safe and can learn peacefully. Faith handles emergencies quickly and seriously. They investigate things and takes care of inappropriate actions almost immediately. College is a big topic here, and I love how involved the staff is here. Everyone is very kind. Some people do complain about 20 required service hours very year, but as a Christian, I feel serving others is important.

This is my sons first year at Faith. He transferred in as an 8th grader and it has been a great experience. We are a military family and unfortunately my son has been in about four schools. He loves Faith! We are retiring here to let him gain stability and graduate from Faith. Mr Fox helped with our admission from another state and he was phenomenal. Everyone we have dealt with has been positive. My so. Plays football and baseball and his football experience thus far has been great. If you are looking for a family setting in a great faith based environment this is it.

My son has been attending Faith for two years and my daughter is attending next year. I have been extremely happy with the school. The staff is very friendly and my child loves it! My daughter is excited about going as well. Both have always done well academically but my son still feels challenged. The students are all polite and the other parents are friendly. They all seem like me and my husband,,,just hardworking families trying to do the best for our children. There are little to no drug issues as the kids have mandatory and random drug testing.

Last modified Faith Lutheran Middle School & High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12