The Meadows School

Private | PK-12 | 763 students

Student diversity

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $95,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,050.

Sweep tile

Posted April 3, 2014

This school is absolutely amazing. I am currently in the upper school at TMS and it has been nothing except amazing here. I play 2+ sports, go out every weekend, and still manage to stay on top of my work. Time management can be an issue, but that's only if you don't know how to correctly manage your time. Although I am an underclassman, I already feel like I can go to an Ivy League school and prosper right now! I am so glad that I chose the Meadows--absolutely amazing teachers, student body, and administration. I couldn't be happier!

Posted September 16, 2013

this school is truly a miracle worker from the reviews and comments below I realized that maybe some of these, were from students from other schools and have not attended this wondurous school

Posted May 12, 2013

The college results from Meadows were disappointing. The school has some administration problems and many of the students do not care about academics; they just feel entitled to everything - good grades, friends, respect - you name it. I very much regret attending the school and I would not go here again even if tuition was free.

Posted May 4, 2013

TMS is not for everyone. However, what school is. There are pluses and minuses of all schools and the most important thing is finding the proper "fit" for your child. Thus one should take that into account in reading the past reviews. I would state this however, the Meadows school has a great overall program: a) academically challenging and great college prep. Most merit scholars in NV. Highest SAT scores- 400 pts higher than the top 25% at another private high school in Vegas. b) excellent drama dept c) debate team that has been nationally ranked d) sports opportunities (really how many schools bascially can the 4.0 or greater person be on multiple sports teams) Those are just some of the basics. So bottom line, there are some times where the Meadows is not a fit. But for those wanting the above for their kids. The Meadows is a great school. I have had 2 kids there since pre-K (beginning school) and they are doing great. I have had 2 at another private high school that was good but not nearly equivalent.

Posted February 27, 2013

The Meadows School is awful socially. Unfortunately, I'm a student here and although the education is good socially it's exhausting. The cliques that are formed are so hard to break and the negativity toward wanting to be different is very strong. I hate this school. I hate it very much. The education is good but I'm so burnt out from all the pressure that I don't feel motivated to do even better to get into college. They ask wayyy too much of you when you're in middle school it's ridiculous. I was up doing my homework for 6 hours non-stop. No socializing no fun. nothing. I hate this school so much and it ruined my high school career.

Posted May 29, 2012

The person two reviews down makes a very valid point. I am in the upper school and I could not be happier to leave. I only stayed because my parents enrolled me and I had no actual choice. I don't regret being here only because it prepared me, but it was definitely the worst years of my life here. I find it very amusing how the comment below says, "you obviously are not pretty." That phrase is the epitome of the students here. Practically every student will break down anyone with positivity through their ignorance, judgment, and their superialist personality. Academically, this is the best school in Vegas, however socially, be prepared for a miserable life.

Posted May 5, 2012

I can not believe what abominable person wrote a 1 star reveiw of The Meadows School. No offense but the pretty ones do get farther that what you must think so you obviously are not pretty. I am a student of the Middle School and it is the best honor to be at this school

Posted May 25, 2011

As previous reviewers have mentioned if you are an excellent student this school will do so much more for you. I was one of those excellent students. I came here for high school after having previous education elsewhere. I have to admit the classes are small and they do push you to strive. The main problem I had with this school is there is little freedom and they push you too hard if they consider you to be one of their best students. I was accepted into several ivy leagues, but was so burnt out from all the pressure this school puts on you that I basically screwed up my freshman year and spent the rest of college trying to make up for it. Another problem is the students are very into their cliques. Further a lot of students are very into their money which makes drugs pretty prevalent throughout the high school. If you child goes here make sure they can make friends quickly and brush off drama easily. Also make sure they stay away from drugs. I believe smart students excel here and it is the parents job to make sure they handle the pressure in a healthy way.

Posted March 23, 2011

For the academically ambitious kid, this school really challenges the student to his or her greatest potential. To my knowledge,iIn the last three years, each graduation class has had 15-20% of the class named as national merit finalists (when most high schools barely have 1%). The High School is particularly challenging. Caring teachers and staff make a huge impact on the kids. Having said this, Meadows is not for a kid who is not driven or whose life ambition does not include a national college education. Meadows is a college preparatory school... period.

Posted June 2, 2010

A good school. Good traditional education. Beautiful facility. My child experienced issues with *some* teachers and entitlement mentality issues from a small clique of students.

Posted May 27, 2010

The Meadows School is a gift to me and my son. He attends the lower school now and previously attended Beginning School for two years. He is not "gifted", just an energetic fun loving boy. Yes The Meadows School is structured. The teachers are professionals who know what they are doing. The Spanish, music, p/e and science special classes are really good. The Lower School at The Meadows is great and worth every penny.

Posted April 22, 2010

The strange part of this school is that if you put kids who have attended the school for many years next to students who have attended good public schools (obviously there are none in Nevada), there is a night and day difference. While there are a few exceptions here and there, overall students are placed in an environment where they are motivated to succeed. It must be said though that some children don't thrive in this sort of environment. But for those who are highly motivated and diligent, they can reap substantial rewards. The school itself is extremely expensive, but it offers fantastic financial aid for those that need it (over a third of the students are on financial aid). People are a product of their environment and genes. Meadows creates the ideal environment for future success and the students end up thinking on a higher intellectual level.

Posted April 22, 2010

I like the school overall, but i feel as though the teachers are not very nice and good. Most do not seem to care about how you do. I do understand the excellance of it, and how it prepared you for college,, but it is kind of strict. I choose to stay though to prepare me.

Posted April 20, 2010

I would give this school a rating of 10 if I could. The Meadows is such a phenominal school! My kids go there and they love it! I love the teachers because they are nice and at the same time teach very well. They are strict yet they really prepare you for college and a great life ahead of them. I would suggest this school to as many people as i could although they have a strict rule about how many children there are in the school. They actually raised the number of students in high school to 75 students for each grade. The point is, the meadows is fantastic!

Posted March 12, 2010

Excellent school providing a well-rounded curriculum. There is a reason why it is very hard to get into The Meadows because of the long waiting list. They are not profit driven and class size for elementary are kept at 20. For those of you who thinks that they are military style and kids are like robots who only memorize everything, it is not true! Schedule a tour and see for yourself what a wonderful school The Meadows is.

Posted December 17, 2009

This school prepares you for college and the future, but it is strict and hard on the rules

Posted September 9, 2009

My daughter has attended this school since pre-k and is now in 7th grade. She loves everything about it well, except the uniforms but she has learned that having uniforms is actually better because you cant worry about one girl's or boy's clothes be better than anothers. The school is great on discipline. Also, thought prices are like over 20,000 dollars, it is definately worth it, my daughter always gets up in the morning because she's excited for school, she does have lots of homework but it helps her to learn better. She loves her art class because it allows her to be creative. Definately Consider The Meadows School for your child!!!!

Posted August 23, 2009

I am a former teacher at The Meadows. I left because of the attitude and motives of the administration. The admistration is more concern with their public image than with the quality of education. My experience as a Middle School teacher was that my many years of experience (well over 20 years) was not as important as a piece of paper on the wall that said 'Masters degree'. Over the last few years the Meadows has hired teachers with little, and sometimes no experience, just because they have a Masters degree. Beware; they are putting on a show that is not in the best interests of the students.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 14, 2009

Alright I will be honest with you. Elementry is great, :) After that it is no different than AP public school classes. I mean sure it might be nicer looking but your gunna pay thousands of dollars for nice lookingness. At public schools they have many kids who go off to many great colleges such a harvard,berkely,Princeton ect. What looks really good tho is on your college reasume you have ap classes on there. the colleges don't check the school. So to them your meadows grades are the same as any public school grade. But the ap public school kids grades are counted the same as meadows ap grades. I used to go there and when I found out all of this horrible news, I was outa there.Then attened centennial for 1-4 years. Now i'm in my second year of college at UCSB I also got into USC and Berkley.

Posted August 8, 2009

Challenging yes but i believe that this school will help kids who are especially bright reach full potential.

• Coed