No rating

Mountain View Christian Schools

Private | PK-12

We are best known for Leadership Institute.

Living in Las Vegas

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $68,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $900.

Posted February 23, 2009

I have 2 children who attend MVCS and overall we are very happy with the school. Some of the reviews complained about the way other children treat their children...just because it is a christian school doesn't make the teachers responsible for your children's behavior! That starts at home. It does take time to make appointments with administration, however, many of the administration members are also teachers which I find commendable. This school is right for alot of families, but they certainly cannot please everyone. Do your homework and and be part of the solution...Volunteer

Posted February 22, 2009

My son attends 5th grade at MVCS and when I read some of these negative reviews I feel like they musy be talking about some other school. Maybe things change in the high school, but up til now the education has been excellent. I attended an older East Coast school which sent about a third of its students on to Ivy League colleges, and my son has so far received a better education than I had at the same age. The children treat each other well as I would expect in a Christian environment, and the teachers are admirable. The only issue I have seen is disorganization on the part of administration. This has not caused us any actual problems but it does nothing to increase the confidence of parents that have concerns. Wonderfully diverse student population.

Posted January 29, 2009

I regret every dollar I poured into this school--from tuition to fundraisers to money gifts I was asked to provide by administration. The education is mediocre, the teachers are not all certified and the administration is too concerned about money to make any good decisions regarding what is best for the kids. What a terrible school disguised as being Christian! My child is being more educationally challenged in public school!

Posted January 10, 2009

I have attended MVCS for the past 2 years. I would have to say that this school is amazing! I am doing much better here than my former school and my teachers take the extra time to help me do better. I recommend this school to anyone looking for caring teachers.

Posted October 21, 2008

I'm sad to say that I only wish that I had found this website before I enrolled my child. After 9 weeks I have made the difficult decision to move my child to another school. I agree that the school seems to be more interested in the fundraising and the sports. I was shocked to hear that chapel was cancelled to attend a pep rally. Why do preschoolers need to attend a pep rally? I was informed that the homework would be available online for me to print. Even public schools give you hard copies. When I went to the login it was just websites to go to and obtain the homework. For the money you pay, they can afford to make a few copies. Even public schools give you hard copies. Please ask the right questions when enrolling your child in this or any school.

Posted August 27, 2008

I went to MVCS in 6th grade, but came back for my years of high school and graduated in 2006. I loved every minute of it how everyone was so involved I would of never recieved that at any of the othe private schools. It was like a family and I still talk and visit with the staff and my whole graduating class. Highly suggest going to Mt. View.

Posted August 11, 2008

My children have been at MVCS for 5 years, and this is the first year that I don't feel that the school has earned an exceptional rating--I would give them 1 or 2 stars if I was only considering the 07-08 year. While there are many caring teachers and the curriculum is solid (at least for elementary and middle school), in the past year, the administration seemed more concerned about enrollment numbers, dollar signs, and athletics, and less concerned about academics, security and behavior. Phone calls to administration are often not returned, discipline is inconsistent and favoritism is obvious. I hope to see them return to their previous standards in the coming year.

Posted March 30, 2008

My daughter graduated from MVCS and she loved every minute of her time there. The teachers are caring and the adminitrators give of their time after school to coach the kids and mentor them. The two staff members who do not support the school should leave. If its such a bad place why stay? I love the place. My daughter is who she is today because of it.

Posted March 26, 2008

I have had my children attend Mountain View for about 10 years now and I have to say I am pleased. I for one feel the education offered is above average and ultimatley the success of my students depends on them and myself. The staff at MVCS are very helpful and encouraging. Not to mention the safety factor. MVCS is a well maintained and gaurded school. I plan on having my children graduate from this school. Thank You MVCS!!!!

Posted March 1, 2008

Totally not preparing the students for the real world, one teacher I know doesn't even have a college/teaching degree, good job Mtn View. They care more about the money than the teaching.

Posted December 26, 2007

Love the school my childeren go there and they love it!!

Posted November 17, 2007

I wil be taking my child out of this school during Winter break. How can my child get a good education when the teachers do not have one? No wonder my child is behind her public school friends!

Posted November 9, 2007

MVCS has the ability to be a great school. I think there focus should be more on the students and not the enrollment numbers. Everything is always about numbers. Educating the kids should be priority. Until they realize that the kids that are there are priority, they will continue to struggle.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 9, 2007

My child has just began public school, and he/she is now being put in different classes becuase mountain view did not have their students in the right classes according to grade. They start you out with the wrong english classes so that if you do indeed decide to change school you are completely off with the rest of the county.

Posted October 16, 2007

MVCS didnt get me prepared for where i neee to go, i want to go to an out of state college for fashion, and the classes that i need the either do not offer or they did not tell me that i was supposed to take them. I love the students there, but the teachers aren't good.

Posted October 10, 2007

mountain view is not worth the money! most teachers are underqualified and just don't really care. i spent most of my days there doing busy work instead of actually learning.

Posted October 10, 2007

I have recently taken my child out of MVCS and put him in public school. I am amazed at all of the classes he is behind in. There are also many classes that he took at MVCS and is not getting credit for in public school. MVCS has not been a good experience for us!!

Posted September 19, 2007

MVCS is the best! And yes, it's a Christian school. You can feel it in the atmosphere. I know many of the teachers personally. They sacrifice so much for their students. I have been in prayer meetings where MVCS teachers are crying for their students for hours. These teachers truly care. The love they show is straight from God. I Know the staff of MVCS, and they are most definitely close to God (and it shows).

Posted August 27, 2007

My children are starting their sixth year at MVCS. I have found their education far exceeds that of their public school peers. The school offers many extra-curricular activities from elementary through high school. The teachers have been excellent. We have rarely had issues with teachers and have always been able to work things out. Administration is easy to contact and open to workng with parents. My children love going to this school. They have very good relationships with the teachers they have had and look forward to returning each fall. We plan on keeping our children at MVCS until graduaion.

Posted August 22, 2007

I rate it an average because it can be very well, average. The tone and manner of some of the teachers can be unproffesional. I like that the classrooms are very diverse and not too large, but even with smaller classrooms help is not distributed evenly. In my opinion, the tution doesnt match the service.

Asian 7% N/A
Two or more races 7% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 1% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 6%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

College readiness and student pathways

Colleges most students attend after graduation UNLV
Evangel University
Arizona State
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Arts & music

College preparation / awareness resources offered
  • College prep programs/courses during the year
  • Community college courses
  • Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Dr. Crystal Van Kempen-McClanahan
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
  • Virtual school
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Yearbook