PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

I would like to take this opportunity to reach out to all current and prospectve students and families of MVCS. As the principal of this school, I would like to express the opportunity that a website such as this has to be a forum of constructive conversation. One that builds up a community through the discussion of ideas and best practices. At MVCS, our administration welcomes the opportunity to discuss any and all concerns. Through these discussions, we are able to either receive information that helps us improve our program or provide answers that shed light upon unknown factors in any given situation. Yet as an educator, I am distressed over the cowardice displayed by individuals who hide behind being anonymous in order to simply take cheap shots. That type of discussion does not provide anything constructive for anyone involved, nor does it provide an opportunity for improvement.
May 11, 2010

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Mountain View Christian Schools
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 13, 2016
All the teachers and members of staff are integral part of teaching my son. I believe that as a team, they have shown to have the maximum impact in my son's learning capability. They strive to encourage each student to reach their maximum potential. Mrs. Blaga Popova is one teacher who will forever leave a mark in my son's life. She is an exceptional teacher.

Posted May 13, 2016
True Leadership Institute. They care about each student. They strive for excellence in everyone and encourage each child to reach their potential.

Posted February 26, 2015
My son is enrolled in Pre-School and the daily results are fantastic. He can already recite the alphabet, tell me Bible stories and play well with others. Everyday we have zero issues bringing him to class because he loves to go. Thank you Pre-K teachers for loving our children. I recommend the daycare and Pre-K to any parent that wants the best education and care.

Mountain View Christian Schools 1

Posted August 15, 2014
Through my years at mvcs I experienced racial slurs, lack of diversity(diversity to this school is Asian, black and Hispanic), and terrible teachers. Also if you're wanting your child to grow up in an accepting environment, this is not the place. It's really a school for conservative white people. It's a very closed off environment that isn't accepting of others opinions about Christ or society. The Curriculum is decent but for the most part the teachers are basically paid babysitters. All in all if your child isn't born and raised in this school they will hate it and want to leave. Also they will get into trouble for having an opinion and trying to discuss things with their teacher. If I could rate this school zero, I would.

Mountain View Christian Schools 4

Posted July 01, 2014
I came to Mountain View for 2nd grade and just graduated high school, and I never once had a desire to leave! Growing up in this environment has made me into the confident passionate girl I am today. The teachers always care and are ready to talk whenever. I hope to one day bring my kids to MVCS!

Posted June 30, 2014
My child has been at MVCS for 6 years and recently completed the eighth grade. I have never been more pleased with a group of teachers. My older 2 went to public school under the guise of the supposed magnet school program and I was terribly disappointed with the quality of education they received. In my opinion MVCS has by far the most bang for the buck when it comes to my son's future. Can't wait to get him going off to high school.

Posted November 27, 2013
MVCS is great. The teacher's are certified through ACSI or ACTS. This means that they must go through education courses to teach. Several have their Masters degrees in Education. I'm so glad that my students have been going there since Kindergarten. They are in high school now and have opportunities they would never get in public school. They plan on going on to college and I think they will do well because of the rigorous academic program. They are held accountable for all their work, whether they are in sports or fine arts.

Posted September 27, 2013
Safe, drug free and they actually hold students accountable to learn. The Christian foundation and focus on leadership make it the best school in Las Vegas. Neither of my children will attend public school again. I checked other charter schools, but what I found out was VERY concerning. Do your research first!!

Posted September 27, 2013
My grandson has attended MVCS's Preschool for over two years. The school staff has nurtured him with love and guidance. I am impressed with all he's learned. Academically and socially he is well prepared for his kindergarten year! I would recommend MVCS as a safe and caring school to help your child grow!

Posted September 25, 2013
I have been a parent of students at MVCS since 1991. All of my 5 children attended and my last is a senior this year. However, I will continue to be a part of the school as I now have a granddaughter attending the preschool. I love the care and concern that staff has for the students' overall success. MVCS has a vibrant sports program and a variety of fine arts classes and activities. The Leadership component is unique and most excellent for teaching and training the students. This quality program sets the school apart from other private institutions.

Mountain View Christian Schools
3900 E Bonanza Rd, Las Vegas, NV  89110
Last modified Mountain View Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12