Posted June 09, 2014
To the parent that entered a post on 5/26/2014 A lot has changed in 5 years since your child was at Calvary. My kids have had a great experiences and they probably were in class with your child. I was the room mom for both teachers They worked so hard for all the kids. 4th grade is a difficult year anyway. As parents it's our job to partner with the school and not expect the teachers to do it all. Why are you posting something 5 years later? How is your child doing now? I bet very well.

Calvary Chapel Christian School 2

Posted May 26, 2014
My child attended this school a few years ago. (2005-2009) For the most part the teachers were caring, but when we hit fourth-grade we had a terrible year. My child has a very loving heart, but is talkative and unorganized. I was a single mom working full time. These two fourth-grade teachers really snubbed their noses at me and made me feel like a second rate Christian. Hey troubled me so much one night as I was praying about it. The Lord said, "Forgive them." I am just writing this review in hopes that all teachers really understand that some parents are fighting a battle and encouragement does more then treating them like they are trash. Several times a week I would go online and my son had several red lights and comments that he was disrespectful in class ... Yet in his third-grade year his teacher loved him and appreciated the type of boy he was. His fourth grade year was very disappointing I felt like I couldn't even work with the teachers because they didn't like him or me.

Posted May 24, 2014
Thursday, I witnessed grace under fire. I heard and watched a parent scream, cuss, and throw things at the ladies in the school office because SHE owed money to the school and did not want to pay it. These ladies work so hard for our school and did not deserve this kind of treatment. They are so sweet and kind to all the kids and parents that come into the office. Kudos to Cheryl, Deana, Laura, Judy, and Jan for you patience and hard work. You are a blessing to our school.

Calvary Chapel Christian School 1

Posted February 21, 2014
My daughter has been in this school from Kindergarten to 3rd grade. This year they hired a new 3rd grade teacher who is probably the worse teacher in this school. Students are tranferring to the other section to avoid this teacher, sadly we were to late to transfer my daughter to the other section. It has gotten so bad that my daughter wishes to transfer to another school. They have a lot of favoratism in this school and it shows. The tuition keeps on increasing even when they say they will not raise if we participate in the fundraising. I am now looking to transfer my daughter to another school. I am very disappointed at this school.

Posted July 17, 2013
Great School!! Nice Staff & environment, trust in Lord!! May God Bless you & your ministry!

Calvary Chapel Christian School 2

Posted May 06, 2013
I need to mention that also a lot of favoritism among the staff of the school. If your child is not talented or athletic, no problem...anyone can be part of the team or play as long as your parent volunteers and does not complaint about anything. You need to pretend everything is fine and dandy, and you will have your child participate in a sport or be part of a performance. You have children who are talented in a sport, but do not see them participate in games, but sitting on the sideline because the children who are favored are normally the ones who will be performing, praying in class, receiving the awards, etc. etc. Everything here is one sided and no change is a dictatorship on the part of its superintendent. The superintendent is the one who dictates everything to the point that he will participate in the plays of the school, and other school performances.The ambiance of the school staff is artificial and not authentic; artificial smiles, and pretending that a Christ like philosophy is being followed. Not true at all; you teach about God, you also walk the same way without taking sides with students...everyone is treated the same...consistency and no favoritism.

Calvary Chapel Christian School 1

Posted March 19, 2013
This school does not follow what they teach. The teachers are one sided and have their favorites and the principal and superintendent believe they are above the law. My children are high school students and behind in every subject. This is because they do not hire qualified teachers and they make them teach subjects they no nothing about all due to budget cuts. Yes the school is cheaper then other schools but they will get you every week with a fundraiser, additional sport fees etc. Don't send your child here if you want them to learn!

Calvary Chapel Christian School 4

Posted December 15, 2012
We love Calvary! Pastor Derek is a wonderful pastor who cares about his church and the school, even when his children did not attend at the time. Each family makes their own personal choice and they chose to homeschool during the early years. Just updating information for people interested :)

Calvary Chapel Christian School 0

Posted May 09, 2010
This school is so involved in the development of the whole child. Many families receive scholarships so their students can attend. Only a few parents are involved in the school leaving most of the work up to the school staff. The staff at this school works long hours and really care about our kids. No school is perfect. I read some of the comments probably written by disengaged parents and students. The students and parents who are involved and really care about the school love it. I am so glad my children go to school here.

Posted April 07, 2010
My family moved to Las Vegas a year ago. We put our kids in one of the best public schools (rated 9/10) in the area. It was a nightmare. Praise God we found Calvary Chapel. My kids are enjoying school and life again. It is a true christian family atmosphere. There is huge parent involovement and feeling of community at the school. My kids are amazed how NICE everyone is. The teachers are SO loving to the students and their love for God shows.

Calvary Chapel Christian School
7175 West Oquendo Road, Las Vegas, NV  89113
Last modified Calvary Chapel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Calvary Chapel Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top