K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

My family loves Calvary Chapel Christian School! My son has attended since kindergarten and now he's in 5th grade. So many great opportunities for academic and faith based learning. Excited about the new parent partnership organization - Connect!

I have a son that graduated from here in 2012 and a daughter that started in preschool. First this school is centered on the word of God, I love that we can pray and give glory to God daily as they learn and grow. The school is a safe environment for my children. The families that attend here are like a huge family as well. I love that!! I love that my children can go here from PK - 12, but still experience an elementary environment, a middle school experience and the awesome high school experience and graduation as well. Our graduation is so personal and so heartfelt. We have great athletes, scholars, talented students in all of the arts, and most important children that have a heart for God and our world that go to our school!

Our son began this year in the sixth grade and has excelled beyond what we thought possible. The teachers, Staff, Principal Ruiz and Pastor Rick go out of their way to create a safe, enjoyable and teachable culture. Send you son or daughter here, you will not regret it. These people genuinely care about people and it shows. In this day and age it is good to see a group of people joining together to make the lives of kids and families better! :-)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are very effective in their teaching style. They are evaluated by the admin on a regular basis. The classrooms are clean, fun and interesting.

Amount of homework: Agree

Every student has the option of taking a study hall class which really helps with the homework load. My kids were never buried in homework and always had time for family activities and church.

Develops character: Strongly agree

CCCS develops the whole student. The academics are great, but what really impresses me is the caring atmosphere. The teachers and staff pour themselves into every student and go out their way to ensure success both academically and socially.

My son is a recent graduate of CCCS. He attended Calvary from K-12th grade. This school not only taught him how to read and write but also how to defend his faith, share Jesus and speak in public with confidence and courage. The faculty and staff at Calvary are family and the atmosphere is comfortably and nurturing. Students are prayed with and for daily. He graduated ready for college and received a great scholarship from a top Christian university. Way to go Calvary! You are raising up a generation of leaders who love Jesus!

Great School with an open campus environment. We have searched this valley high and low, looking for a place to call home. By the grace of God, we found Calvary Chapel. It's truly our new home and community. I would recommend this school to anyone. We have had our kids in this school for the past four years and don't plan on leaving. Our children are getting a great education and getting the word of God. We have tried the public school system and realized quickly how far behind our children were when they arrived. I will say the work load is heavy, but that's to be expected.

To the parent that entered a post on 5/26/2014 A lot has changed in 5 years since your child was at Calvary. My kids have had a great experiences and they probably were in class with your child. I was the room mom for both teachers They worked so hard for all the kids. 4th grade is a difficult year anyway. As parents it's our job to partner with the school and not expect the teachers to do it all. Why are you posting something 5 years later? How is your child doing now? I bet very well.

Update on my prior reviews. A lot of the good teachers have resigned at this school. When talented individuals leave, that should be a cue to parents. I don't mean one or two, I mean more than that and in combination of both Elementary and High School levels. Very sad, but unfortunately when you have administration who cannot see why they lack talented teachers, there is always a reason: "a shaky foundation who is in denial for change." If you want to live in fantasy land, bring your kids here but you will have a wake up call when they attend college. Then you will see where the inconsistencies lied in their education. You are better off letting them watch the 700 Club and follow those teachings than sending your kids here!

Last modified Calvary Chapel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12