Las Vegas, NV

Posted August 06, 2012
My daughter recently graduated from Merryhill. She had attended the school since first grade. Merryhill has everything a parent looks for in a school. The teachers are extremely caring and nuturing to their students. The Admin staff is absolutely amazing. The new principal is so much more than we expected. She is a very strong minded person and her policies are fair. She deeply cares about each and every student that attends. Her open door policy makes communication a breeze. She is a great asset to the school. I cannot find one negative area about Merryhill. Watch out for Miss Mary and Miss Hazel, they are absolutely charming and dedicated women. They take their jobs to new levels with their devotion to the kids. They will sweep you and your children off their feet. I don't think Merryhill would be what it is without them. If you want a school that deeply cares about your child, not only from an academic point but a caring one, this is the school to attend. My daughter's grades were outstanding thanks to the teachers. I only wish the school went beyond 5th grade. We never would have gone anywhere else. Thank you Merryhill.

Merryhill Elementary School - Summerlin 4

Posted March 14, 2012
I have been really happy with this school. My son is in 1st grade and he has no more than 12 kids in his class. It was like that in Kindergarten as well. My son is very comfortable here. He's only in 1st grade but is friends with the older students as well. All the kids seem nice and polite. His teachers have been very caring and fostering. We just got a new principal and she seems to be making a lot of positive changes.

Merryhill Elementary School - Summerlin 1

Posted December 01, 2009
This school offers very average academics in a more sheltered environment. Some teachers come from public schools and their academic standard is not as high as some of the other privates schools in this area. If you are looking for superior academics, this school is not for you. If you are looking for something comparable to public schools but with all the 'extras' like Art, Spanish, Computers, and Music in a smaller class size, this school maybe for you.

Posted September 03, 2009
My daughter is in the pre-k program here. I looked at so many schools before choosing Merryhill and I'm so glad I chose this school. The classrooms are clean, bright, and airy. The teachers are all caring and involved. I particularly like the lower student/teach ratio in the beginner's program. My daughter comes home every day singing new songs, reciting her alphabet, numbers, spanish words, etc. And most importanly, she loves going to school.

Posted March 02, 2009
My son has been in the school since kindergarten and is now in second grade. His reading level, speaking skills and writing ability have all grown immensely thanks to the wonderful teachers he has had. The small class sizes are wonderful and the campus is beautiful and safe. The art, music, technology and Spanish programs are also fabulous.

Posted May 13, 2008

Posted October 01, 2007
My son is in the pre-k class and his teachers are wonderful. The students are respectfull and the class is always orderly and clean. The level of work that is produced is consistantly of high level for the age of the students and the teachers costantly challenge my son to go further with his studies. While the tuition is high I believe that it is worth every penny due tot he level of instruction that my son is getting.

Merryhill Elementary School - Summerlin 1

Posted May 19, 2007

Merryhill Elementary School - Summerlin 2

Posted July 19, 2006
I do not recommend this school. Their testing averages are not that great for being a private school.

Posted June 09, 2006
After reading the parent reviews for Merryhill, I feel it is necessary to post a review from a parent whose children are doing quite well at this school. My second grade child, who has been in the school since Kindergarten, is flourishing...speaking Spanish quite fluently, learning not only Art, but how to recognize art not to mention the fact that he is doing third and fourth grade level work and is reading at a sixth grade level. He has never been bullied, nor does he bully others he is respectful and does very well socially at the school. My daughter just graduated from the Pre-K program next door and is able to sit down and read herself a book (at age 5!). One note on the PTO there are at least 20 women involved in the PTO (I happen to be one of them) and they spend hours throughout the year to enrich their kids school year the PTO plans social events, schedules field trips and does community service hardly a forum for running the school.

Merryhill Elementary School - Summerlin
2160 Snow Trail, Las Vegas, NV  89134
Last modified Merryhill Elementary School - Summerlin is a Private school that serves grades K-5
Merryhill Elementary School - Summerlin Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top