K-5|Private

Bad
Good

I absolutely love the school. I looked at every private school in the area and am happy to have chosen Merryhill. The teachers are great and caring. The principle has a open door policy as stated below and is always open to listen. Any concers are dealt with immediately. I would disagree with the review below that the school is not academically challenging. I have a lot of friends that have kids in other private schools in the area and Merryhill is right up there with the rest of them. I was really drawn to the campus because it almost looks like a park. In addition they have before and after care as well as specials in the afternoon. My child looks forward every day to go to school.

My daughter recently graduated from Merryhill. She had attended the school since first grade. Merryhill has everything a parent looks for in a school. The teachers are extremely caring and nuturing to their students. The Admin staff is absolutely amazing. The new principal is so much more than we expected. She is a very strong minded person and her policies are fair. She deeply cares about each and every student that attends. Her open door policy makes communication a breeze. She is a great asset to the school. I cannot find one negative area about Merryhill. Watch out for Miss Mary and Miss Hazel, they are absolutely charming and dedicated women. They take their jobs to new levels with their devotion to the kids. They will sweep you and your children off their feet. I don't think Merryhill would be what it is without them. If you want a school that deeply cares about your child, not only from an academic point but a caring one, this is the school to attend. My daughter's grades were outstanding thanks to the teachers. I only wish the school went beyond 5th grade. We never would have gone anywhere else. Thank you Merryhill.

I have been really happy with this school. My son is in 1st grade and he has no more than 12 kids in his class. It was like that in Kindergarten as well. My son is very comfortable here. He's only in 1st grade but is friends with the older students as well. All the kids seem nice and polite. His teachers have been very caring and fostering. We just got a new principal and she seems to be making a lot of positive changes.

This school offers very average academics in a more sheltered environment. Some teachers come from public schools and their academic standard is not as high as some of the other privates schools in this area. If you are looking for superior academics, this school is not for you. If you are looking for something comparable to public schools but with all the 'extras' like Art, Spanish, Computers, and Music in a smaller class size, this school maybe for you.

My daughter is in the pre-k program here. I looked at so many schools before choosing Merryhill and I'm so glad I chose this school. The classrooms are clean, bright, and airy. The teachers are all caring and involved. I particularly like the lower student/teach ratio in the beginner's program. My daughter comes home every day singing new songs, reciting her alphabet, numbers, spanish words, etc. And most importanly, she loves going to school.

My son has been in the school since kindergarten and is now in second grade. His reading level, speaking skills and writing ability have all grown immensely thanks to the wonderful teachers he has had. The small class sizes are wonderful and the campus is beautiful and safe. The art, music, technology and Spanish programs are also fabulous.

My son is in the pre-k class and his teachers are wonderful. The students are respectfull and the class is always orderly and clean. The level of work that is produced is consistantly of high level for the age of the students and the teachers costantly challenge my son to go further with his studies. While the tuition is high I believe that it is worth every penny due tot he level of instruction that my son is getting.

Last modified Merryhill Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-5