K-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My son has been with Merryhill Durango Elementary School for 6 years now and prior to that he was at Merryhill Durango Preschool from 6 weeks old on, and I can not say enough GREAT things for both of these wonderful Schools. The Teachers at the Elementary School are just absolutely amazing. Not only is my son academically ahead of other children his age, he also surpasses many children who are older than him. My friends always comment on how intelligent he is and I truly believe that a lot of it has to do with this school and the teaching and administrative staff there. We have always had such great teachers and many of which have been there for over 6 years. There are even teachers that have been with the school since its opening. That alone can give you an idea of how great this school is. The Principle not only communicates with me on a regular basis but she is truly proactive in the developement and enrichment of the students. She is by far one of the most proactive principles I have ever had the pleasure to deal with and the staff seems to love her. She is always open to speak with any parent, teacher or student that wants or needs to talk. The way that she communicates with the teachers, students and parents is such a nice thing to see! She and the entire administrative staff are such a great asset to this school. In the 6 years we have been with this school (K-5) my only complaint would be that they do not continue through to 8th grade. Long time Parent

My son is currently in first grade and I could not be happier! This school truly cares about there students and that starts with the leadership of the principle . She is all about education, instruction and students come first. I have a unique perspective because I am both a parent and a teacher. As a fellow educator, I see a lot of elementary, middle and high schools in the valley and sending my son to Merryhill was the best decision I have ever made. The level of education my son is receiving is both challenging and level appropriate. The curriculum is well rounded and has the perfect mix of real world experience and practical application. Ms. Bean, Ms. Roden and Ms. Pritchett have gone out of there way to make my family and I feel welcomed and comfortable. We love the family events and activities. They make the experience at Merryhill even more amazing. I would recommended this school with no reservations!

This school has gone downhill. Our child has completed 4 years here. There is a reason why kids are withdrawing as a fast rate. It is simply not worth it. The current principal has no experience in education, only 'finance'. She lacks the necessary background to lead a school effectively, and especially lacks basic communication skills. The staff has no respect for her and we are seeing good teachers leave. They do not keep the promised 1:15 student to teacher ratio. The students' test scores rank below average. Most of the students are behind. Disruptive behavior in classrooms and school bullying are no longer addressed. There used to be an Awards Ceremony, now there is none. We are left wondering what are we paying for again?

My son started here in first grade and is headed to 2nd grade this year. We are so pleased with the Merryhill curriculum and the teaching staff at the school. From the moment we visited the school last year, they were very welcoming and sincerely care about our child and his progress. The teachers and principal care very much about his well-being and will spend extra time with us if we need to meet. The school is one that creates a nurturing and educational environment. They even created such great comfort for my shy son to volunteer to do a song at holiday show! We look forward to another great year at the school!

My child will be entering the 3rd grade this year and Merryhill is the only school and preschool he has ever gone to. I could not be happier with the care and education he has received. The teachers are amazing and spend a great deal of time to get to know your child and tap into what motivates them to learn. It is a safe and nurturing environment. The previous principal Ms Utsinger was amazing and Mrs. Roden is following in her footsteps! I would highly recommend this elementary school as well as the preschool!!

My daughter is seven and has been going to this school since she was six months old. We cannot be happier. The class sizes are manageable. The teachers are knowledgeable and organized. Most importantly, however, my daughter is getting a good education in a safe and positive atmosphere, one very conducive to learning and growing as a child into a young adult and beyond.

Love this school! My child had a great experience in Kindergarten this past year. We were a little nervous at the beginning of the school year due to a new principal coming on board. Mrs. Roden has proved to be an amazing principal! She cares about each and every student and wants the best for the students. She is always open and pro-active with any concerns we had with our child. We are looking forward to another great year at this school!

Great preschool! We have two girls who both go to Merryhill on Durango. Our oldest started in the nursery when she was just 6 months old. I had to go back to work and was looking for a daycare with low baby/adult ratio. Merryhill takes 8 babies and they have two ladies at all times. The school has a nutritionist and she does all the cooking. Food is great and healthy. She even offers a cooking class during the summer for the kids and they love it. The rooms are very clean and organized. There is a family feel when you walk in. All the teachers know my kids names and the principal is always available to the parents. Parents are welcome to all school activities. They celebrate Thanksgiving lunch, Mother's day lunch, father's day BBQ, a Grandparents day, and a Christmas show. I have hand prints, foot prints, pictures of my kids playing with paint, coloring, listening to a teacher read a book, playing outside and more. For a working mom, to know that your children are learning in a safe and fun environment is more than anyone could ask for. Merryhill is worth every penny!

This school is not worth your investment. I had one child there from k-5 th who went to another private school for 6th grade and was not up to speed. The 5th grade teacher at Merryhill is non-motivated, unprofessional, and has no concern about security. So, I pulled my other two children out an put them in a charter school. One of them was behind grade level and was receiving straight A's from Merrryhill. The teachers at this school are great, but they can only teach with the materials provided to them. After 7 years at this school with 3 children, I advise you to go else where if you are concerned about academics.

I absolutely love this school. My son has gone to Merryhill since he was 2 years old, he is 5 now and about to enter kindergarten! The level of care & learning he received at Merryhill is unbelievable. The cost is high, but worth every penny. I have never worried about my son, when I drop him off in the morning and go to work I know he is in good hands. The principal and assistant address any concern you have immediately. The teachers are very loving and caring towards all the children. I highly recommend this school.

Last modified Merryhill Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-5