Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are only a few the i think are ok teacher. The classrooms overall are kayotic

I feel this school has poor management, some of the teachers are disorganized, and lie. The principle is horrible. not happy with their placement system for the kids based on their level. They have a horrible physical education and music program. I would not recommend sending your children here.

Develops character: Agree

Each week there is a different goal that focuses on just being a good person.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Everyday my daughter was given more than 1 hour of home work. At 6 years old this should not happen. I fear it could cause her to develop a negative attitude to learning.

My daughter attended grade one at this school during 2014 to 2015 year. It was a bad experience for my child. Do not be fooled by the 7 ranking of this school. Every school day my six year old was given lots of homework and her mother ended up teaching her a lot of what she should have learned in school. The teacher seemed lazy and more interested in covering her (you know what) than teaching all her students well. Hopefully the 1 year at this school will not damage my daughter too much. This poor quality education issue was one factor in us leaving Las Vegas to live in a better school district.

My son is in full day kindergarten and his teacher is amazing! He has learned so much. The teacher is very organized and stays in touch with me so that I can continue the teachings at home. I hope to continue his education here and anticipate our other children's starting at Joseph Neal next year! Would highly recommend this school!

Love this school and all of the amazing teachers! We have two enrolled this year and one that just graduated to Jr. High.

I Absolutely LOVE this school. I moved from Iowa about 2 years ago and was very concerned that I would be able to find as good of a school as back in the Midwest. Myoldest son previously attended 2 other schools the first year here in Vegas and they were not the best. 2 school was inconsiderate and the staff was horrible. The second school was average but did not really do anything for my son. We moved in 2012 and my boys had to change schools. COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! My boys had really good teachers. Mr.Meyers was really good teacher with great communication skills and whenever me or my husband had a concern he would go above and beyond to ensure it was addressed as well as resolved. My youngest also had a great kindergarten teacher Miss. Dingle. Such a great teacher as well friendly and great with the kids. Love that I was able to decide on if I wanted single gender classes for my boys which honestly helped my oldest concentrate in school. As of right now honestly I do not have a complaint. Hope it stays the same this new school year.

Teacher satisfaction has been low since Mrs. Murray came to JNES due to rules and limitations placed on them. Overall, the school is becoming more disjointed than it was before she took over. However, the teachers are still dedicated to the students; yes, they have no freedom to make their own decisions, but they still have heart when it comes to teaching the kids. The teacers ARE great- just not her "reorganization." On a positive note, Mrs. Murray does encourage the kids to be their best, and morning ceremony is a shining example of what she is doing right. I think parents, students and teachers would take her more seriously if she was less rule oriented (so many ridiculous rules! Choose your battles!) and more genuine towards the kids. Most of the time it seems like she does not know how to truly connect to the kids; every time she speaks to a student, whether she means to or not, it comes across in a very condescending manner and seems like a lecture. What is lacking is her connection just not with her teachers, but with the kids; it is that connection that makes for a great school. Is JNES a good school? Yes. A great school? Not there yet, but I am still crossing my fingers.

Mrs. MURRY ~ FAILED! In the 7 years I have been associated with Neal Elementary. We have witnessed the total unraveling of everything positive in this school since Mrs MURRY has become the principle. Her leadership style is simple but effective. Divide and concur, passive aggressive. She has undermined every aspect of community within this school. There is no community. But there is definitely an agenda. Everything from Morning openings, PTSO, Student Council, Open House, and Holiday events have become dreaded events that no one is excited about. No one volunteers more than twice, not to mention don't do anything that draws attention to you, if it's negative, Mrs Murry will make an example out of you, and if you do something and it's positive, well, lets just say "no good deed goes unpunished" Lay your ear to the ground, and all you can hear from 95% of the teachers is bickering amongst each other, and their fear of upsetting Mrs Murry at all costs. This truly has become an institution of dysfunction.

Last modified Joseph M Neal Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.