Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My son has ADHD and his teacher and the school staff has encouraged him and given him a love for learning and being in school.

I don't agree with the low star rating at all. My son was embraced as a new student by this school. His teacher has proven to be a caring individual with a true heart to teach his students. The office staff has been helpful and welcoming since day one for our family. I have watched my son's self confidence grow at this school. He enjoys his school and doesn't want to go anywhere else. He is excited about learning and making new friends.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There are only a few the i think are ok teacher. The classrooms overall are kayotic

I feel this school has poor management, some of the teachers are disorganized, and lie. The principle is horrible. not happy with their placement system for the kids based on their level. They have a horrible physical education and music program. I would not recommend sending your children here.

Develops character: Agree

Each week there is a different goal that focuses on just being a good person.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Everyday my daughter was given more than 1 hour of home work. At 6 years old this should not happen. I fear it could cause her to develop a negative attitude to learning.

My daughter attended grade one at this school during 2014 to 2015 year. It was a bad experience for my child. Do not be fooled by the 7 ranking of this school. Every school day my six year old was given lots of homework and her mother ended up teaching her a lot of what she should have learned in school. The teacher seemed lazy and more interested in covering her (you know what) than teaching all her students well. Hopefully the 1 year at this school will not damage my daughter too much. This poor quality education issue was one factor in us leaving Las Vegas to live in a better school district.

My son is in full day kindergarten and his teacher is amazing! He has learned so much. The teacher is very organized and stays in touch with me so that I can continue the teachings at home. I hope to continue his education here and anticipate our other children's starting at Joseph Neal next year! Would highly recommend this school!

Love this school and all of the amazing teachers! We have two enrolled this year and one that just graduated to Jr. High.

I Absolutely LOVE this school. I moved from Iowa about 2 years ago and was very concerned that I would be able to find as good of a school as back in the Midwest. Myoldest son previously attended 2 other schools the first year here in Vegas and they were not the best. 2 school was inconsiderate and the staff was horrible. The second school was average but did not really do anything for my son. We moved in 2012 and my boys had to change schools. COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! My boys had really good teachers. Mr.Meyers was really good teacher with great communication skills and whenever me or my husband had a concern he would go above and beyond to ensure it was addressed as well as resolved. My youngest also had a great kindergarten teacher Miss. Dingle. Such a great teacher as well friendly and great with the kids. Love that I was able to decide on if I wanted single gender classes for my boys which honestly helped my oldest concentrate in school. As of right now honestly I do not have a complaint. Hope it stays the same this new school year.

Last modified Joseph M Neal Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.