Odyssey Charter School K-5 1

Posted October 30, 2014
This school is more like independent study hall. The students are assigned to teachers, but you and only you are responsible for teaching your child each day. The hybrid day in high school is nothing more than them doing their work there on a computer in a cold classroom. I thought this is where they would be receiving instructional time with teachers. The teachers come in, have the kids sign their attendance logs, and leave them to teach themselves advanced classes like calculus and physics. They do say, "If you have any questions, let me know!" That is like me checking out a book from the library about auto mechanics, then trying to fix my engine. My daughter had to drop one class because there was NO INSTRUCTION. Oh and the curriculum? They log in and watch video instuction via youtube. Yes You read that right, youtube, and other silly cartoony characters are now replacing certified teachers. Do your research before choosing this one.

Posted July 31, 2014
Before starting at Odyssey Charter School, I attended Shadow Ridge High School. My grades were in the C-F range in every class. I wasn't revieving enough help from my teachers. At SRHS, most of the teachers didn't bother to help me understand what they were teaching. A few friends of mine had already begun their schooling at Odyssey, and told me all positive things about OCS. Halfway through my sophomore year, I decided to turn in papers to attend Odyssey. Withing the first week, my grades rose up to straight A's and remaind A's. The work wasn't easier, the teachers made it easier to understand. The teachers at Odyssey will sit with you as long as it takes until you understand what they're teaching. They show patience and compassion. The teacher:student ratio is 4:15 at all times. If I hadn't come to Odyssey, I wouldn't be graduating on time. I plan to graduate from Odyssey this year.

Posted June 25, 2014
Odyssey Charter School's special education team was an incredible support to my daughter this year. After experiencing a difficult year at her zone school, I was hesitant about enrolling her at Odyssey, From the very moment that we met the elementary special education facilitator, I felt the genuine support. It was a great year where my daughter gained self esteem. The facilitator always greeted my daughter by name....even at the end of the school year. This made my daughter feel important. Thanks Odyssey!

Posted March 11, 2014
I can't say enough great things about Odyssey Charter Schools. We tried the schools we were zoned for, but our children just were not doing well. We decided to give Odyssey a shot after hearing some wonderful things about them from a friend. We are amazed at the one-on-one attention my kids have received from their teachers at Odyssey. We get regular calls home from teachers when our students are not doing well and we are able to log in daily to track how they are doing. Our kids actually enjoy school now and are eager to learn. The administrators and staff are top notch. We get quick responses whenever we call. The technology department at Odyssey is amazing! They helped us fix both of our computers for free when the Geek Squad at Best Buy was trying to charge us hundreds. They have also helped us for hours on the phone with any questions we have had with Moodle or any of the other course material. Great school, great staff, great teachers! Changing to Odyssey was the best decision we made for our kids.

Odyssey Charter School K-5 2

Posted September 28, 2013
Special Education: Don't go near this school without an advocate. If your child has an IEP or needs one, get an advocate first! Same for 504 plan. Do not sign anything, take it home and think about it for 2-3 days make sure all information in report is accurate and testing is correct for child's grade & age.

Posted September 26, 2012
I've had 4 kid's in Odyssey and one of them graduated already. This school has been a life saver for us and especially for my son with autism. We had bad experiences in both private and public schools mainly because the kid's in Las Vegas are so out of control! the academics are great and the atmosphere is outstanding!! :)

Posted October 04, 2008
I tryed my zone school to magnet school. I am so happy to find Odyssey for my kids. He can learn everything in his pace and teacher is great! I love Odyssey!

Posted September 10, 2008

Odyssey Charter School K-5 2

Posted July 26, 2008

Odyssey Charter School K-5 4

Posted May 13, 2008

Odyssey Charter School K-5
2251 South Jones Blvd, Las Vegas, NV  89146
Last modified Odyssey Charter School K-5 is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey Charter School K-5 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top