Las Vegas, NV
Students enrolled: 1,446

Clifford J Lawrence Junior High School 3

Posted August 05, 2015
I am a parent and would fully agree with the previous student comments on school administration. Absolutely horrible!

Clifford J Lawrence Junior High School 4

Posted June 10, 2015
I just graduated from Lawrence, and the highlight of my 3 years were definitely all my teachers (especially the science department!) The teachers at this school really inspired me and provided me with everything I needed to exceed the standardized testing standards. HOWEVER, there is something to be said about the administration of the school. The dean I had for 3 years suddenly left, and was replaced. We now have 2 new deans who the teachers dislike. There have been DRASTIC changes in policy, in effort to "control" kids. They tried and failed to implement a new dress code policy which required students to wear lanyards with IDs, and they also try and fail to give everyone EQUAL consequences for EQUAL actions. A typical delinquent is given more lenient consequences because they "always behave that way", but a minor slip-up by a straight A student is seen to with higher consequences. The administration is also very disorganized, giving NJHS and Student Council sometimes just a day's notice to have to change their plans.

Posted October 12, 2014
This school is awesome. I'm a student here, and I love it here. Though there is constant fights between mostly boys, you should always avoid having fake friends. But otherwise, I once had an F in ELA, but it quickly rose up to a B, and I am very happy here. Every teacher cares for me, and I love it.

Clifford J Lawrence Junior High School 2

Posted August 11, 2014
Worst middle school in the history of las vegas! I feel sorry if you're zoned for this school. Fights, Favoritism, & Ignorance happen in this school. Administration is WAY too strict with their so called "rules". (Which make absolutely no sense) The teachers view almost all students as some sort of delinquents. As for the others, they're favorited. Students are more concerned with their social lives than with actual education. There is also no REAL encouragement to learn/ They just say their plans and what not but don't actually do anything about it. Worst school ever, do not go here.

Clifford J Lawrence Junior High School 1

Posted April 30, 2014
Lawrence Junior High School is horrible. I was in 8th grade and I was a new student here a couple months ago and I was being ignored by EVERYONE. They just all stared at me like I was some dog, ignoring me, watching me struggle. Don't get me started about orchestra. THERE'S NO FRIENDS THERE! The section leaders are completely rude to us back here.There's only asian cliques and the geeky cliques. I've never felt so left out at a school. WORST SCHOOL. I DON'T RECOMMEND!!!!!

Posted April 28, 2014
They told us that this was a good school, but I think it's better than that. Mu family is very happy and confident.

Posted October 10, 2013
Lawrence is the BEST middle school in Las Vegas. Great learning environment and the teachers care about the students! Especially the science department!! If your child is zoned for Lawrence, you should be truly thankful!

Posted August 26, 2012
I start at this school as a 6th grader tomorrow , the 27th of August . I think that what I have seen so far is just amazing ! All the people who say the dean Mr.Lediard , just haven't been compatible with him . He is a very compatible and caring dean . I myself have never seen a teacher/dean work so hard for his students . The principal Mrs.Smothers is a very nice principal who I hope to see every day . Thank you for reading <3 Don't forget that Lawrence Junior High School is a four out of five star school and I highly recommend it to all students !

Clifford J Lawrence Junior High School 3

Posted April 30, 2012
The problem with this school is there DEAN. He is very unprofessional & extremely rude. I was there to pick up my son & the dean went to my sons class & escorted him to the bus, knowing I was there to pick him up. I hope he gets fired.

Clifford J Lawrence Junior High School 1

Posted April 29, 2012
Lawrence is one of the worst schools ive ever went too . Teachers RARELY pay any attention to their students . Their is CONSTANT fights , monthly almost . There is TONS of bullies here . & alot of people get made fun of. i would N O T recomend this school to ANYONE .

Clifford J Lawrence Junior High School
4410 South Juliano St, Las Vegas, NV  89147
Last modified Clifford J Lawrence Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clifford J Lawrence Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top