Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

The teachers teach what they have to in a good way. They don't just give you a textbook and say read it, if you need help you with receive it.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I was in advanced classes, just so you can know. I felt that if the homework was spaces out for classes it would be better. It seemed like we wouldn't have much homework for a week or two then all my classes would give us homework and then no homework, and so on.

I didn't want to go to this school, but I kept an open mind about it when I started. I was right to not want to attend here, the staff, all but teachers, were very rude. The rules here are ridiculous, there is a no touch policy, seems okay right, it isn't we aren't allowed to even shake hands, you get detention if you do. This is crazy, hand shakes are something you do when you speak with someone, it shows respect, it's a proper way to introduce yourself, yet if you shook a fellow students hand, you get detention. I personally kept to myself most the time, I'm the type of person who would just sit and watch everything, so I saw all the drama, which there's quite a bit of. I didn't give a 1 star because they handled bullying or threats quickly. You could go and get a sheet to fill out, then turn it in and the isusse would get solved. Most teachers are understanding and care. One of the science teachers for 8th grade was spectacular, he was a bit tough, and seems scary and rude, but he was great, I loved his class it was amazing, I wish I could have him again. There are many clubs that you could join. Overall my time here was bad, if you have a choice, don't go there.

I am a parent and would fully agree with the previous student comments on school administration. Absolutely horrible!

I just graduated from Lawrence, and the highlight of my 3 years were definitely all my teachers (especially the science department!) The teachers at this school really inspired me and provided me with everything I needed to exceed the standardized testing standards. HOWEVER, there is something to be said about the administration of the school. The dean I had for 3 years suddenly left, and was replaced. We now have 2 new deans who the teachers dislike. There have been DRASTIC changes in policy, in effort to "control" kids. They tried and failed to implement a new dress code policy which required students to wear lanyards with IDs, and they also try and fail to give everyone EQUAL consequences for EQUAL actions. A typical delinquent is given more lenient consequences because they "always behave that way", but a minor slip-up by a straight A student is seen to with higher consequences. The administration is also very disorganized, giving NJHS and Student Council sometimes just a day's notice to have to change their plans.

This school is awesome. I'm a student here, and I love it here. Though there is constant fights between mostly boys, you should always avoid having fake friends. But otherwise, I once had an F in ELA, but it quickly rose up to a B, and I am very happy here. Every teacher cares for me, and I love it.

Worst middle school in the history of las vegas! I feel sorry if you're zoned for this school. Fights, Favoritism, & Ignorance happen in this school. Administration is WAY too strict with their so called "rules". (Which make absolutely no sense) The teachers view almost all students as some sort of delinquents. As for the others, they're favorited. Students are more concerned with their social lives than with actual education. There is also no REAL encouragement to learn/ They just say their plans and what not but don't actually do anything about it. Worst school ever, do not go here.

Lawrence Junior High School is horrible. I was in 8th grade and I was a new student here a couple months ago and I was being ignored by EVERYONE. They just all stared at me like I was some dog, ignoring me, watching me struggle. Don't get me started about orchestra. THERE'S NO FRIENDS THERE! The section leaders are completely rude to us back here.There's only asian cliques and the geeky cliques. I've never felt so left out at a school. WORST SCHOOL. I DON'T RECOMMEND!!!!!

They told us that this was a good school, but I think it's better than that. Mu family is very happy and confident.

Lawrence is the BEST middle school in Las Vegas. Great learning environment and the teachers care about the students! Especially the science department!! If your child is zoned for Lawrence, you should be truly thankful!

Last modified Clifford J Lawrence Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.