9-12 & Ungraded|Public district

Bad
Good

Fantastic in every way!!! the teachers are fantastic and they make it fun to learn for the kids.

Centennial isn't perfect, but it does have its perks. I attended this school for my freshman year and it was pretty great. There are plenty after school activities sports and clubs, and most are skilled in what they do. Especially the JROTC program. And the teachers try hard. I do think that some teachers should have different ways of running there classrooms. They're a bit over-disciplined. As for dress code, it was back and forth. It was enforced early in the year but later on some guys would wear tank tops and nothing would happen. But on the very last week of school they're making referrals left and right for dress code. I also do think the teachers could teach a bit better, but some of these students expect the teacher to teach them everything with one sitting, but they're not going home and doing the homework or looking it over. There was also a few fights, probably 1 or 2 of them each month, and a bit more if you count the kids that didn't get caught. I didnt get into much trouble myself because, like I said, I had a great time. So if you're a student that does your work and goes to school for school and not because your parents told you it's a pretty decent school.

I am now graduating Centennial high school. ive gone there all 4 years and have had a great experience awesome teachers and the staff are great. Administration is alright but still friendly. the people that are leaving NEGATIVE COMMENTS are students or parents of students that arent involved in school. if you are involved in activities and enjoy going to school then you will have a great time. but if you are a student that will only come to school, do work and go home and not get involved then of course you will complain. Centennial is a great school CLASS OF 2K14

my school has provided a great leadership for my grandson. he has come out of his shell able to communicate he has gown up to a fine young man.

This school is horrible! Not only the students, the teachers are very rude and don't have any idea on how to teach. I would not recommend sending any student here, at all. I was sitting in the office the first day there and a teacher says, "I'm sure they would fix the water fountain if they would give us a star." That is sad they cant even make it a somewhat enjoyable place. Just make them look bad.

I am a parent of an 11th grader who is an african american boy. My oldest son graduated from Centennial and had alot of racial problems from not only other students but, also teachers. My son that attends there now is having a very hard time also, more with teachers who don't seem to want to teach. I'm told that when students in the class ask for help there told "what don't you get , it's all pretty simple" I know we don't have enough teachers here in Nevada to teach but, I see why; alot of them are not qualfified and the ones that were are either retired or left Nevada. Which I am considering doing leaving Nevada, because I feel that so many white americans are living in the past and think that all black people are looking for hand outs which is not true. I pay taxes to

My daughter and son went to Centennial last year. I sent my kids to this school thinking it would be a great school. Both my son and daughter had horrible experiences. The teachers dont inform your of anything and there are quite a few fights weekly. The kids really prove the saying " looks are deceiving" . I thought these kids were nice kids until i picked my kids up and who knows what they were smoking.

I had a very bad experience at this school when my son was in grade 9. they just don't care about the kids. I tried so many times to schedule a conference with the teachers and never could, then I tried contact them by e-mail, no luck except one of the many teachers responded. He came out with straight F's towards the end of last school year. I called his counselor to get assistance and all I got was a very diminished response, She talked to me like I did not know how to communicate in English, she spelled every word to me. Now he is at Boulder City HS. his GPA is 3.8 and have a couple of participation on creative writing competitions. He is doing amazing! academically and in sports! I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND CENTENNIAL HS ant least not for a Hispanic middle class family

I am a parent of two students at Centennial HS. My children attended a private school from preschool through 8th grade. I was hesitant for them to attend a public school considering Nevada is ranked at the bottom in the nation for education. Both my children are strong academic students and I wanted a school that would continue to challenge them and prepare them for college. We have found that Centennial has many choices for students of all levels of academics. Although the class sizes are large the teachers have risen to the challenge of providing good education to each student who is interested in learning. I feel my children are prepared to enter college with a successful outcome. There are many opportunities for students to become involved in sports and clubs which help students stay interested in attending. The principal is very supportive of the students.

Im a student at CHS and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good public school. The classes are a little crowded, but which are not in the Clark County School District? There are a lot of after school activities and some of the teachers are really great. We haven't been involved in any shootings like other schools, and the only reason you can get into racial controvercy is if you choose to. Defiantely one of the better public schools in the district, acidemic and otherwise.

Last modified Centennial High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.