Bad
Good

James Cashman MS just had a massive staff turnover 2014. Some of most beloved teachers and staff (30 plus) are gone due to the displeasure of administration policy by its current principle. Its is very sad that such fine school with good magnet program is taking a nose dive under tight fist principle. I know, I was there for all 3 years as parent of a magnet student with 3.95 GPA.

This school is amazing the staff is great and the school offers a lot to their students. I highly recommend Cashman to everyone I know.

this is the best school with the best teachers, and the most important thing is that they care about thier studiants.

This school is one of the worst places to put your kid. I attended this school 6th and 7th grade only about 4 years ago and i was stabbed, jumped, numerous of times. The disciplinary act for this actions is not severe at all and kids are getting away with this typer of behavior. I want to post this review to tell all who think about attending this school SHOULD DEFINITELY NOT ATTEND and think of a better public school to go to. The magnet program just brings kids in early and then mixes them with kids who live around the area who don't quite set a great examples. I've had many great friends who have changed dramatically because of this school and i beg all of the parents to pull or not attend this school.

My school is very strict and there are lots of bullies and fightings. The area is very bad and there are lots of cars upon the streets and only about 2 police guiding around.

Nevada's education system was just recently ranked 50th in the U.S yet Cashman has brought in a new vice principle who has a mind set that the teachers can do no wrong even when the teachers are clearly at fault, and feels that it is the student that need to be held acountable. A good portion of the magnet staff at Cashman are far from professional and the students pay the price. I was told by other parents not to try and inrole my son in the magnet program at Cashman but I did not listen, next year we will apply for the magnet program at Hyde Park ( academically a much better school ). A good school can offer the same excelerated curriculems, don't put to much stock in the term magnet program.

My son is now an 8th grader at Cashman Middle School. During the past two years, we found the teachers and principal to be kind and competent. However, the magnet program has been a disappointment. I do not feel that our son has been challenged as a student nor do I feel he has developed the study skills he will need due to the lack of homework.

I am disappointed in the school. My student attended 6th grade and furst semester if 7th grade before I removed him and entered him in K12 Virtual Acadamy. My student was a straight "A" student upon entering Cashman and remained that the first semester of 6th grade from there it went downhill. He was bullyed not only by a student but by a teacher. His team teachers were then influenced by this one teacher. He had the Dean as the only one he could go to and then he left mid year. Since he has started with K12 he is back to straight "A's" again and has completed his first semester in 8th grade Algebra and Physical Science, and the 8th grade doesn't evern start intil Aug 27,2012

My child have a 3.92 GPA average after almost 3 year at Cashman Middle School Magnet Program. In his last two years, he maintained a 4.0 GPA. You would think his academic ranking is in the top 10 in his class. Unfortunately No, He ranked 35 out of 475 students. This is an extremely competitive middle school in Las Vegas Valley. I suspect Hyde Park Middle School is similar. If you are looking for top public middle schools for your child in Clark County School District. James Cashman and Hyde Park Magnet Schools are must see.

I am a former Cashman Cougar and I must say, these past 3 school years have been amazing! The teachers were really nice and helpful to all of the students. They really cared about the students and wanted all of their students to do well. The magnet program is amazing! I would highly recommend it to any newcomers to Cashman. Actually, I would recommend this school to anyone! Sure, this school has its ups and downs, but what school doesn't?

Last modified James Cashman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.