Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2016
We were so happy to send our daughter to this school for Kindergarten because of the great ratings but shortly after the school year began we realized this wasn't nearly the school we hoped it would be. Our daughter's Kindergarten teacher cares very little about her students that don't perform at the top levels. She shows favoritism openly in front of the children and throws attitude to parents who ask questions and need help. We are very disappointed in this school and the administration and cannot recommend it to anyone.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted February 25, 2016
Effective to some and not at all to others. Depends on whether you are a class favorite or not.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted February 25, 2016
No, this school cannot develop respect in its students because the teachers and administration do not respect students or parents.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted February 25, 2016
No, there is no caring being promoted by our teacher. She allows children to be mean to each other and often favors the aggressors.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted February 25, 2016
The students are not treated fairly and therefore cannot develop that trait while attending this school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 24, 2015
I am grateful for my child's teacher, Mrs. Ballard. She is patient, kind, and is involved with my child as she is with the rest of her students. I could not ask God for a better teacher than her because she is the one and the only one I see fit for my child. Thank you Mrs. Ballard for you being just you. You are awesome, keep it up.

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 1

Posted November 18, 2015
We have been an Ober family for quite some time. Every year we feel a little more unwelcome and uncared for. Scott Ober-AMAZING. Current administration- ladder-climbing and completely fake. Do not be fooled-this admin could care less about you and your child. They care only about test scores, their own careers and their agendas. We only stay because of the friendships our kids have made. Otherwise, we would be OUT!!!!!

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 5

Posted August 10, 2015
My daughter is in her 4th year at Ober and we love it. The teachers have all been wonderful and my daughter is thriving. They want and appreciate parent involvement. As a parent I feel very welcome here. We will be here through 5th grade.

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2015
After reading reviews on this school, I was very concerned when I found out that my children would be attending Ober. My experience with this school though, is much different than I had originally thought it would be. My three children are doing very well in school. I've had a few concerns about bullying, but the issue seems to have sorted itself out. The children's teachers are wonderful, and the principal, from what I've seen, is very nice and seems to care about the children. I think this is a very good school, and I'm very happy at the progress my kiddos are making.

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 5

Posted October 26, 2014
We are in our second year at Ober (1st grade) and are very pleased with the quality of education our child is receiving. I have had the opportunity to volunteer in the classroom and have felt that the children all exhibit enthusiasm towards learning. There is a huge emphasis on reading and the sight word soldier program. It is so heartwarming when a child hits their reading milestone and is cheered on and encouraged by their entire class. I believe that parental involvement is incredibly important and I do see that there are many parents who feel the same way at Ober.

3035 Desert Marigold Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89135
Last modified D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.