Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 24, 2015
I am grateful for my child's teacher, Mrs. Ballard. She is patient, kind, and is involved with my child as she is with the rest of her students. I could not ask God for a better teacher than her because she is the one and the only one I see fit for my child. Thank you Mrs. Ballard for you being just you. You are awesome, keep it up.

Posted November 18, 2015
We have been an Ober family for quite some time. Every year we feel a little more unwelcome and uncared for. Scott Ober-AMAZING. Current administration- ladder-climbing and completely fake. Do not be fooled-this admin could care less about you and your child. They care only about test scores, their own careers and their agendas. We only stay because of the friendships our kids have made. Otherwise, we would be OUT!!!!!

Posted August 10, 2015
My daughter is in her 4th year at Ober and we love it. The teachers have all been wonderful and my daughter is thriving. They want and appreciate parent involvement. As a parent I feel very welcome here. We will be here through 5th grade.

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 4

Posted March 22, 2015
After reading reviews on this school, I was very concerned when I found out that my children would be attending Ober. My experience with this school though, is much different than I had originally thought it would be. My three children are doing very well in school. I've had a few concerns about bullying, but the issue seems to have sorted itself out. The children's teachers are wonderful, and the principal, from what I've seen, is very nice and seems to care about the children. I think this is a very good school, and I'm very happy at the progress my kiddos are making.

Posted October 26, 2014
We are in our second year at Ober (1st grade) and are very pleased with the quality of education our child is receiving. I have had the opportunity to volunteer in the classroom and have felt that the children all exhibit enthusiasm towards learning. There is a huge emphasis on reading and the sight word soldier program. It is so heartwarming when a child hits their reading milestone and is cheered on and encouraged by their entire class. I believe that parental involvement is incredibly important and I do see that there are many parents who feel the same way at Ober.

Posted October 16, 2014
I wrote 2 reviews for Ober within this past years, and now I am finding out that both reviews, that were confirmed through email, are missing. Those were reviews with 5 star. I will rate again.

Posted September 08, 2014
I would like to start by saying that the front desk receptionist has a really bad attitude everytime someone, enen a student aproaches to the front desk she's like what! What a bad customer service!! I'm also very disappointed by my sons teacher when I ask her how was my son's day? Looks like it bothers her! She looks discontent always defensive... I do not care if other parents dont ask about how their kids day was i will!! I know and totally understand that this two elderly ladies are my senior but you don't like your job quite!!! Some students have already a hard life at home!! You guys don't need to make their life more miserable! You guys are the reason of why many kids don't like to go to school! When you really do what you love you don't have to work a day in your life so obviously you guys aren't on the right track!!

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2014
After researching the schools a few years back, Ober had a great rating and great reviews. Now after a few years of my child attending, I am sad I bought a home in this school's zoning. Issues with other parents and children were not addressed by the Principal and Vice Principal (just brushed under the rug). Absolutely NO support for community businesses because of the Principal, yet money is constantly needed for all technology because lack of funds for this school from the district. Also, the PTO is so disorganized and poorly run with little to no support by the Principal and Vice Principal. There is no Room Parent organization, which is sad because there are so many parents that want to be involved on a regular basis. Again, I think this is due to the lack of encouragement by the Principal. The only good is the teachers and unfortunately they have their hands tied most of the time.

Posted July 25, 2014
I used to hear such wonderful things about this school but unfortunately I believe this school has gone down hill. Many teachers have left that have been at this school for years. Last school year our family had so many problems and we were constantly speaking with the principal and assistant principal, however nothing was ever done about our problems. More often then not my kids were not given the correct time for lunch, supposed to have 20 minutes to eat and sometimes were only given 10. I witnessed this myself when I started coming to lunch. Some of the newer teachers are down right mean and as many have pointed out the principal is only out to make herself look good and only worried about raising tests scores, this has rubbed off on many teachers, with many taking the fun out of learning. If I was in a position to change schools I would. My advice to parents is get involved with your child's teachers. Have a relationship with them and your child so you know what's going on and speak up when things aren't going the way they should be.

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 3

Posted June 10, 2014
Ober has great teachers. Our children have had the types of teachers that kids remember for a lifetime. Unfortunately, most of those tenured teachers turned over in the past two years. That cannot be a coincidence. The newer teachers are still great. The biggest problem is the administration. Teachers seem bullied and the workplace is not acceptable from what I see on the outside looking in. I feel that the admin does not have the children's best interest in mind, only their own careers and the test scores that will help them advance. We had one particular example I feel misled. We were promised something relating to our child's curriculum but as time went on nothing happened. When we approached the admin again she acted like no such discussion ever occurred. On another note, maybe the AP should not be smacking on gum at award ceremonies. We all have nervous habits, but it really reflects poorly when someone that is suppose to be a school leader is not even trying to be discreet while chewing gum in front of 100 parents. It certainly does not set a good example for the kids.

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School
3035 Desert Marigold Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89135
Last modified D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top