Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school offers a very poor education. Many parents of children at this school don't make their child's education a priority and as a result, all children get dragged down. Bullying IS an issue at this school. Don't send your child here. A 9/10 rating doesn't mean much for schools in Nevada. The state standards don't reflect what a child will need to know to do well in later grades, college, or life. Remember, there is a lot of political and self interest that goes into what is "important" for our children to learn when we stick them in government schools.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Our teacher forgot numerous times to pass out the homework.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

Principal changed 3 times in 2 years that we have been there.

Ober Elementary is not a school that lives up to its zoning reputation. We had an amazing teacher in kindergarten, but that is not the case in first grade. We were very disappointed given that the teacher misspelt announcements on the teacher-parent portal, missed giving out homework numerous times. We spoke with the principal, but nothing was done, they were not listening to us at all, given the fact that in the 2 years we were at Ober we went through 3 principal changes. None of them stay long er than a year which makes you wonder what is wrong with the school. We came to the principal with all the issues we had, addressed all concerns and all we were told is " I am not moving kids from one classroom to another" refusing to accept the issues with the teacher. We are moving next year to a better school!

We were so happy to send our daughter to this school for Kindergarten because of the great ratings but shortly after the school year began we realized this wasn't nearly the school we hoped it would be. Our daughter's Kindergarten teacher cares very little about her students that don't perform at the top levels. She shows favoritism openly in front of the children and throws attitude to parents who ask questions and need help. We are very disappointed in this school and the administration and cannot recommend it to anyone.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Effective to some and not at all to others. Depends on whether you are a class favorite or not.

Develops character: Disagree

The students are not treated fairly and therefore cannot develop that trait while attending this school.

We have been an Ober family for quite some time. Every year we feel a little more unwelcome and uncared for. Scott Ober-AMAZING. Current administration- ladder-climbing and completely fake. Do not be fooled-this admin could care less about you and your child. They care only about test scores, their own careers and their agendas. We only stay because of the friendships our kids have made. Otherwise, we would be OUT!!!!!

My daughter is in her 4th year at Ober and we love it. The teachers have all been wonderful and my daughter is thriving. They want and appreciate parent involvement. As a parent I feel very welcome here. We will be here through 5th grade.

After reading reviews on this school, I was very concerned when I found out that my children would be attending Ober. My experience with this school though, is much different than I had originally thought it would be. My three children are doing very well in school. I've had a few concerns about bullying, but the issue seems to have sorted itself out. The children's teachers are wonderful, and the principal, from what I've seen, is very nice and seems to care about the children. I think this is a very good school, and I'm very happy at the progress my kiddos are making.

Last modified D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.