Bad
Good

We were so happy to send our daughter to this school for Kindergarten because of the great ratings but shortly after the school year began we realized this wasn't nearly the school we hoped it would be. Our daughter's Kindergarten teacher cares very little about her students that don't perform at the top levels. She shows favoritism openly in front of the children and throws attitude to parents who ask questions and need help. We are very disappointed in this school and the administration and cannot recommend it to anyone.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Effective to some and not at all to others. Depends on whether you are a class favorite or not.

Develops character: Disagree

The students are not treated fairly and therefore cannot develop that trait while attending this school.

We have been an Ober family for quite some time. Every year we feel a little more unwelcome and uncared for. Scott Ober-AMAZING. Current administration- ladder-climbing and completely fake. Do not be fooled-this admin could care less about you and your child. They care only about test scores, their own careers and their agendas. We only stay because of the friendships our kids have made. Otherwise, we would be OUT!!!!!

My daughter is in her 4th year at Ober and we love it. The teachers have all been wonderful and my daughter is thriving. They want and appreciate parent involvement. As a parent I feel very welcome here. We will be here through 5th grade.

After reading reviews on this school, I was very concerned when I found out that my children would be attending Ober. My experience with this school though, is much different than I had originally thought it would be. My three children are doing very well in school. I've had a few concerns about bullying, but the issue seems to have sorted itself out. The children's teachers are wonderful, and the principal, from what I've seen, is very nice and seems to care about the children. I think this is a very good school, and I'm very happy at the progress my kiddos are making.

We are in our second year at Ober (1st grade) and are very pleased with the quality of education our child is receiving. I have had the opportunity to volunteer in the classroom and have felt that the children all exhibit enthusiasm towards learning. There is a huge emphasis on reading and the sight word soldier program. It is so heartwarming when a child hits their reading milestone and is cheered on and encouraged by their entire class. I believe that parental involvement is incredibly important and I do see that there are many parents who feel the same way at Ober.

I wrote 2 reviews for Ober within this past years, and now I am finding out that both reviews, that were confirmed through email, are missing. Those were reviews with 5 star. I will rate again.

I would like to start by saying that the front desk receptionist has a really bad attitude everytime someone, enen a student aproaches to the front desk she's like what! What a bad customer service!! I'm also very disappointed by my sons teacher when I ask her how was my son's day? Looks like it bothers her! She looks discontent always defensive... I do not care if other parents dont ask about how their kids day was i will!! I know and totally understand that this two elderly ladies are my senior but you don't like your job quite!!! Some students have already a hard life at home!! You guys don't need to make their life more miserable! You guys are the reason of why many kids don't like to go to school! When you really do what you love you don't have to work a day in your life so obviously you guys aren't on the right track!!

After researching the schools a few years back, Ober had a great rating and great reviews. Now after a few years of my child attending, I am sad I bought a home in this school's zoning. Issues with other parents and children were not addressed by the Principal and Vice Principal (just brushed under the rug). Absolutely NO support for community businesses because of the Principal, yet money is constantly needed for all technology because lack of funds for this school from the district. Also, the PTO is so disorganized and poorly run with little to no support by the Principal and Vice Principal. There is no Room Parent organization, which is sad because there are so many parents that want to be involved on a regular basis. Again, I think this is due to the lack of encouragement by the Principal. The only good is the teachers and unfortunately they have their hands tied most of the time.

Last modified D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.