Posted October 26, 2014
We are in our second year at Ober (1st grade) and are very pleased with the quality of education our child is receiving. I have had the opportunity to volunteer in the classroom and have felt that the children all exhibit enthusiasm towards learning. There is a huge emphasis on reading and the sight word soldier program. It is so heartwarming when a child hits their reading milestone and is cheered on and encouraged by their entire class. I believe that parental involvement is incredibly important and I do see that there are many parents who feel the same way at Ober.

Posted October 16, 2014
I wrote 2 reviews for Ober within this past years, and now I am finding out that both reviews, that were confirmed through email, are missing. Those were reviews with 5 star. I will rate again.

Posted September 08, 2014
I would like to start by saying that the front desk receptionist has a really bad attitude everytime someone, enen a student aproaches to the front desk she's like what! What a bad customer service!! I'm also very disappointed by my sons teacher when I ask her how was my son's day? Looks like it bothers her! She looks discontent always defensive... I do not care if other parents dont ask about how their kids day was i will!! I know and totally understand that this two elderly ladies are my senior but you don't like your job quite!!! Some students have already a hard life at home!! You guys don't need to make their life more miserable! You guys are the reason of why many kids don't like to go to school! When you really do what you love you don't have to work a day in your life so obviously you guys aren't on the right track!!

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 2

Posted August 20, 2014
After researching the schools a few years back, Ober had a great rating and great reviews. Now after a few years of my child attending, I am sad I bought a home in this school's zoning. Issues with other parents and children were not addressed by the Principal and Vice Principal (just brushed under the rug). Absolutely NO support for community businesses because of the Principal, yet money is constantly needed for all technology because lack of funds for this school from the district. Also, the PTO is so disorganized and poorly run with little to no support by the Principal and Vice Principal. There is no Room Parent organization, which is sad because there are so many parents that want to be involved on a regular basis. Again, I think this is due to the lack of encouragement by the Principal. The only good is the teachers and unfortunately they have their hands tied most of the time.

Posted July 25, 2014
I used to hear such wonderful things about this school but unfortunately I believe this school has gone down hill. Many teachers have left that have been at this school for years. Last school year our family had so many problems and we were constantly speaking with the principal and assistant principal, however nothing was ever done about our problems. More often then not my kids were not given the correct time for lunch, supposed to have 20 minutes to eat and sometimes were only given 10. I witnessed this myself when I started coming to lunch. Some of the newer teachers are down right mean and as many have pointed out the principal is only out to make herself look good and only worried about raising tests scores, this has rubbed off on many teachers, with many taking the fun out of learning. If I was in a position to change schools I would. My advice to parents is get involved with your child's teachers. Have a relationship with them and your child so you know what's going on and speak up when things aren't going the way they should be.

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 3

Posted June 10, 2014
Ober has great teachers. Our children have had the types of teachers that kids remember for a lifetime. Unfortunately, most of those tenured teachers turned over in the past two years. That cannot be a coincidence. The newer teachers are still great. The biggest problem is the administration. Teachers seem bullied and the workplace is not acceptable from what I see on the outside looking in. I feel that the admin does not have the children's best interest in mind, only their own careers and the test scores that will help them advance. We had one particular example I feel misled. We were promised something relating to our child's curriculum but as time went on nothing happened. When we approached the admin again she acted like no such discussion ever occurred. On another note, maybe the AP should not be smacking on gum at award ceremonies. We all have nervous habits, but it really reflects poorly when someone that is suppose to be a school leader is not even trying to be discreet while chewing gum in front of 100 parents. It certainly does not set a good example for the kids.

Posted May 30, 2014
Ober has not been the same since the Ellis/Walz take over. The only thing that matters to the principal is the 5 star rating & the CRT scores. Oh and her personal ladder climbing agenda. If you don't believe me read back through all of the reviews before 2012. They are almost all 5 star. Coincidence? I think not! My child feels threatened frequently by her teacher & the asst principal. Once they deem your child as a slow learner or a problem child they go out of their way to make life miserable for that student. A great deal of really awesome teachers have left that school because they were tired of being ruled by the iron fist. School is suppose to be a place to feel safe & loved but my daughter feels like an outsider & says she wishes she didn't have to go there everyday. If you have the choice pick a different school. This one is not what it use to be.

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 4

Posted October 04, 2013
Ober Elementary School in Las Vegas, NV Great Leadership + Great Teachers/Specials = Great Students I have 2 children presently enrolled and they enjoy all aspects. Day to Day learning is supported by the wonderful staff. F rom the Adminstration team who support students/parents/teachers/guests to those who nurture in classroom specials: Art, Tech, MUSIC!, PE. The powerhour learning, to extra care/preparation. We love our school and the attention given to learning, fun, friendships and growth. A very important time in our young peoples lives. If I could change one thing? Classroom size a tad smaller, and a few more shaded areas for our outside activities. If we could afford more tutoring/or afterschool learning programs: enrichment in math, reading, the arts - wonderful. But they do a great job. PTO is attentive, proactive and involved.

Posted May 30, 2013
My oldest just finished her Kindergarten year at Ober. I loved Mrs. Watts and couldn't have asked for a better "first" teacher. The principal comes off a little abrasive, but she's not there to make friends. The school was (for the most part) organized, efficient and focused on learning. Things I didn't like included getting a call the week before asking to do placement testing, getting notice the week before school started of the schedule (AM or PM class), and the traffic for drop off. Overall though these are minor compared to all the great things I loved about Ober.

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School 3

Posted May 29, 2013
Teachers are fabulous, the PTO clickish and uninviting, the principal is a ladder climber. Very dissapointed in the way the school is run. Staton Elementary was a much better experience.

D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School
3035 Desert Marigold Ln, Las Vegas, NV  89135
Last modified D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D'vorre & Hall Ober Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top