Las Vegas, NV

Posted October 18, 2014
This is one of the greatest schools ever. My twins are really getting a great education, they both had wonderful kindergarten teachers, now they both have wonderful 1st grade teachers. I'm very happy that they are doing so well. The school also has a fantastic reading rangers program that both of my kids love. They are reading a lot better and clearly, but most of all love to learn.

Hal Smith Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2014
My son went to this school for 3 years on a zone variance, was an A/B honor roll student tested very high for the gifted and talented program for GATE. Unfortunately because he is on a zone variance and the principal will not grant him to continue going to Hal Smith they will lose out on one of their gret students. My son will miss the teachers and staff very much! The teachers are great my advice to the pricipal get more involved with the students and parents.

Hal Smith Elementary School 3

Posted April 29, 2014
Hal Smith has been a great school for my son. his kindergarten teacher sure gave a large amount of home work but my son really learned. She was very dedicated and concerned about how shy he appeared. First grade gave us another caring teacher who helped my son grow and learn. I just hope my next son will have teachers like this son to teach him.

Hal Smith Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2013
The pick up system that the new principal started is just horrible. She turned something that should take five or ten minutes into an hour. I would move if we could it's that bad. On the other hand I do like my kids teachers

Posted June 13, 2013
I think this school is amazing... My daughter was a transfer in the middle of the year from being home schooled (2nd grader) the office staff was amazing and her teacher was so kind and caring. I loved all the open communication with the teacher and the staff in general. I love that our first public school experience was with this school. I was fearful of public school but Hal-Smith really changed my mind.

Hal Smith Elementary School 1

Posted April 06, 2012
I absolutely hate this school. I don't feel that the teaching staff is up to par. The principal isn't much better and just the whole atmosphere is deplorable. I don't feel as though the school or the staff are really approachable by parents and alot of their practices are completely silly. They don't really seem to promote family interest in the school or students beyond one, or two times a year. My child will NOT be attending this school again.

Hal Smith Elementary School 2

Posted October 19, 2011
This school has disappointed me. I was excited for my son to attend Hal Smith and then he ended up with the worst Kindergarten teacher I've ever met. She is rude, ignorant and expects way too much from kindergartners. I assume this is because she was teaching first grade before this year. I've been looking into private kindergartens for this reason but since the fees are too high all we can do is wait it out until we move in a few months. Hopefully he'll receive the education and care he deserves when we do. I'm personally sick to my stomach with this school and that woman.

Hal Smith Elementary School 0

Posted February 03, 2009
I think this school is one of the best in Vegas, the teachers and the staff are very involved and seem to really care about the students, I feel blessed to have my child attend a school that cares so much!!!

Posted August 01, 2008
My daughter has been to Hal Smith since she was 5. She is now graduating 5th grade! She LOVES her school so much we even moved and she was allowed to be zoned. Teachers, staff, principal are GREAT! very opened door policy can call or walk in at any time and ALWAYS get greeted with a smile

Hal Smith Elementary School 1

Posted May 22, 2008

Hal Smith Elementary School
5150 East Desert Inn Rd, Las Vegas, NV  89122
Last modified Hal Smith Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hal Smith Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top