Posted April 27, 2014
This school is a wonderful school. They have extra activities, tutoring, sports teams and a great staff. I couldn't be happier.

Posted November 01, 2013
Sheila Tarr is a great school that continues to get better. The staff takes pride in their school and are very professional and cooperative. My children--now in 3rd and 2nd grades--have thrived. Their teachers have across the board been talented, up to date, and loving. In particular, the PE teacher is charismatic and organizes a number of popular extracurricular sports and dance activities. There is lots of parental support. All around, it is a wonderful community to be a part of, and a wonderful place for our children to grow socially and academically.

Posted August 22, 2013
Great!! School, my son will be in fourth grade this year and I have another going into 1st. Grade. Only wish I had lived on this side of town when my daughter was in elementary . The teachers are so dedicated to their students and are there for the parents if you ask for for their help. Love the dedication from the staff.

Posted March 17, 2012
My grandson has been at Sheila Tarr since K, now in 2nd grade. He is doing marvelously well. The teachers are among the best in Las Vegas and the staff across the board is great. Thank you all for helping one little boy be the best and brightest he can be!

Sheila R. Tarr Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2009
Mr. Bishop and Mr. H. The best leaders that I've seen in a long time. They both truely care, their is no drama it's a very family friendly school. Coming from Conners it's a breathe of fresh air. I just wish we would of never had to go to Conners . Our children are so happy at Tarr. Thank you Shiela Tarr

Sheila R. Tarr Elementary School 0

Posted June 22, 2009
Best school in Las vegas !!! I have two children that go to Tarr. My son has autism and is in Ms. Kellies class she is a outstanding autism teacher . I feel my chidren are very safe and loved at this school. The staff are very kind and understanding . It is the best feeling when you know that your children are getting the best education and that the teachers really do care about the kids. Thank you , All Tarr ES Teachers !!!

Sheila R. Tarr Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2009

Posted September 11, 2008

Posted June 19, 2008
Very good school!! Very good school for Kindergarten. They work very well with them to have fun and learn at the same time. My daughter had Mrs. Borgos but the other teacher is just as good. They are both very much involved with the children and the school also has many outing for the kids and parents to connect. This school is unlike any other elementary I have seen especially with Vegas having really bad schools. Im glad I was able to put my child in this school because someone I knew lived in the area. I have since moved so that she can continue to go there.

Posted April 21, 2007
Sheila Tarr ES has been a great school for my daughter. When she entered second grade she was testing as a first grade beginner reading level. Thanks to their Lexia Lab reading program and she is exactly where she is supposed to be. They worked very closely with her as well as very close with my husband and I to help her in the most effective way. The school keeps parents highly involved with their children's learning and has an amazing friendly staff of teachers and personnel.

Sheila R. Tarr Elementary School
9400 West Gilmore Ave, Las Vegas, NV  89129
Last modified Sheila R. Tarr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sheila R. Tarr Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.