Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Ethel W. Staton Elementary School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 18, 2016
I feel like every child is reached out to. They have monthly tasks that they work on including responsibility, courage, friendship, etc.

Posted April 18, 2016
Staton Elementary has heavy parent involvement. Their PTO raises funds to cover teachers and items that are not provided by CCSD. This is necessary to help a school succeed.

Posted March 06, 2016
My son attended full time kindergarten and is now in 1st grade here. I've been so impressed with the teachers, curriculum, and how much my son has learned and thrived. I believe this school is up to par with any private or charter school here. In fact, he was just accepted into a charter school, but I thought, why ruin such a good thing, everything has been fantastic here, so we stayed and I'm so happy with my decision. I feel so blessed to live in a short walking distance from this school.

Posted September 06, 2014
I would give this school 10 stars if I could. Dr. Lombard and Mr. Layton are wonderful, caring, and know each child by name. We have not had a bad teacher yet, and this is our third year at Staton. The teachers really care about the kids. My kids have thrived here. Staton is, without any doubt, the best elementary school in Las Vegas. It is a credit to CCSD.

Posted September 24, 2013
My son is a third grader at Staton Elementry. We moved here from Houston Texas last year and was afraid that the Staton would be behind in curriculum. To our surprise our son had a challenge to catch up with the rest of the class. We are thrilled with the school and the teachers!!!

Posted July 26, 2013
The teachers and parents are fantastic. My daughters have learned more than I expected and they have had fun doing it. The PTO does a great job of raising money so that students are given every opportunity despite the cut backs the district is facing.

Posted May 12, 2013
I happen to have a friend who enrolled her son in Staton this year. The interesting thing is that she was a teacher in a well known expensive private school, and her son attended K-3. Her son found himself trying to catch up in MATH, and READING. She told me she assumed that her school was superior to all public schools and that she was amazed. She often refers to never drink the kool-aid again and to keep an open mind. And yes her family is planning a trip to Europe this summer with the money she saved. Staton is truly one of the best public school in Las Vegas if not the best.

Posted August 10, 2012
We have 2 children that have been attending Staton for the last 2 years. All of the teachers that they've had so far have been truly wonderful. I also volunteer on my spare time and the faculty always makes me feel so welcome. The principal and vice principal are always present and know all the children by first names. We are blessed to have this school available for our kids.

Posted August 08, 2012
This is a great school! The teachers, administration and parents all work together to create a safe and learning environment. I never worry about what teacher I get because they are all exceptional.

Posted May 31, 2011
Staton Elementary is the best school in Las Vegas. My daughter has learned so much and benefits everyday from the guidance and leadership of this school. The teachers are fantastic. The PTO is awesome. The principal and vice principal are the best.

Ethel W. Staton Elementary School
1700 Sageberry Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89144
Last modified Ethel W. Staton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.