Posted September 06, 2014
I would give this school 10 stars if I could. Dr. Lombard and Mr. Layton are wonderful, caring, and know each child by name. We have not had a bad teacher yet, and this is our third year at Staton. The teachers really care about the kids. My kids have thrived here. Staton is, without any doubt, the best elementary school in Las Vegas. It is a credit to CCSD.

Posted September 24, 2013
My son is a third grader at Staton Elementry. We moved here from Houston Texas last year and was afraid that the Staton would be behind in curriculum. To our surprise our son had a challenge to catch up with the rest of the class. We are thrilled with the school and the teachers!!!

Posted July 26, 2013
The teachers and parents are fantastic. My daughters have learned more than I expected and they have had fun doing it. The PTO does a great job of raising money so that students are given every opportunity despite the cut backs the district is facing.

Posted May 12, 2013
I happen to have a friend who enrolled her son in Staton this year. The interesting thing is that she was a teacher in a well known expensive private school, and her son attended K-3. Her son found himself trying to catch up in MATH, and READING. She told me she assumed that her school was superior to all public schools and that she was amazed. She often refers to never drink the kool-aid again and to keep an open mind. And yes her family is planning a trip to Europe this summer with the money she saved. Staton is truly one of the best public school in Las Vegas if not the best.

Posted August 10, 2012
We have 2 children that have been attending Staton for the last 2 years. All of the teachers that they've had so far have been truly wonderful. I also volunteer on my spare time and the faculty always makes me feel so welcome. The principal and vice principal are always present and know all the children by first names. We are blessed to have this school available for our kids.

Posted August 08, 2012
This is a great school! The teachers, administration and parents all work together to create a safe and learning environment. I never worry about what teacher I get because they are all exceptional.

Posted May 31, 2011
Staton Elementary is the best school in Las Vegas. My daughter has learned so much and benefits everyday from the guidance and leadership of this school. The teachers are fantastic. The PTO is awesome. The principal and vice principal are the best.

Posted April 28, 2011
THIS IS THE MOST SPECIAL SCHOOL I WILL EVER KNOW AS A MOTHER. I FEEL VERY BLESSED TO LIVE IN SUMMERLIN AND TO GET ETHEL STATON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FOR MY CHILDREN. I WILL MISS THIS SCHOOL AS JOEY WILL BE GOING TO SIG ROGICH. MRS GARDNER AND MR. LAYTON ARE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. THEY ARE THE MOST CARING PEOPLE THAT I WILL ALWAYS BE THANKFUL FOR. SINCERLEY, EVA ROY

Posted February 20, 2011
My daughter is in the all day kindergarten program. I'm very impressed with how much she's learned and how much she loves school. I'm extremely happy with this school, and the staff shows a great deal of love and respect towards my daughter.

Posted November 28, 2010
I am so grateful to have Mr. Herz as my son's 4rth grade teacher last year. He is one great teacher who built up my son's self esteem to where he left off in the 2nd grade. Out of his whole experience at Staton, he rants and raves over Mr. Herz. School should be a place for learning, but more importantly FUN and comforting! The Riley's will be forever grateful to him!

Ethel W. Staton Elementary School
1700 Sageberry Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89144
Last modified Ethel W. Staton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ethel W. Staton Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top