Posted January 07, 2014
Great school with great teachers.My kids were and are lucky to go there.Wouldn't have it any other way.Maybe some of the other problems I am reading about starts with parenting.

Posted December 16, 2013
This school is a joke! My son went to a private school for kindergarten and first grade and got straight A's. He was doing third grade work in the first grade. Unfortunately I lost my job and we could no longer afford the private school anymore. I had to enroll him here and now he is barely passing! I wasn't quite sure why until today. I dropped my son off at safe key and on my way out of the parking lot was almost hit by two vehicles pulling in the exit, come to find out THEY WERE TEACHERS!!!!!! How can they teach our kids if they themselves can't read or follow rules!!!! THANK GOD this will be our last horrible experience at this joke of a school!!!!

Posted June 06, 2012
This school seemed good until recently. My 5th grader has seen and been witness to horrible bullying, and the administration does nothing. I am so happy she won't go there any more. The PTA is awesome and has made it extremely fun for the kids, unlike the staff/administration. Staff and parents are pitted against each other and the P, VP do nothing but sit back. The kids are just numbers and are bribed for good test scores. Sad place. Nothing will be getting better. Many teachers are leaving because of the lack of confidence in leadership (administration) and lack of concern for students.

Marshall C Darnell Elementary School 3

Posted February 15, 2012
I feel that this school was good when we first started going here, 3 years ago. Now, the PTA is having a hard time getting any parent involvement, the front staff is rude, except for Sherry. You have to fight for everything there for special requests. It is a challenge to have your child looked at as something other than a test score! Teachers are not getting support they need and the school has no true rules with handling bullies.

Posted June 10, 2011
I would not recommend this school. We decided to move to this school district a year ago, because the school got a 9/10. Well it has fallen to 7, and should be farther in my opinion. My son has failed the 3rd grade, after a modest amount of help from the school. Th teacher did what she could, but obviously, not enough. When problems were obsereved, it seemed like the only answer was more homework, which he had problems doing what he had. I have asked for ann IEP several times, but have been denied. What other litmus test do you need than the kid flunks the grade?? Asked for a zone variance, but it is still CCSD. Pretty soon we will need to change the spelling of the state to NEVADUH!!!

Posted April 05, 2010

Posted March 24, 2010
My son started PreK at Darnell and he is behind in everything and the teachers and the people that work there have tons of patience and they treat me and my son so great I am so happy I enrolled him :)

Posted January 10, 2010
My Twin girls started going to this school in October 09 and they love this school. They are both in Special Ed they have a great program and there teachers really care about them. They are in thrid grade and enjoy all of there class mates.

Posted September 16, 2009

Posted June 05, 2009

Marshall C Darnell Elementary School
9480 West Tropical Parkway, Las Vegas, NV  89149
Last modified Marshall C Darnell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marshall C Darnell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top