Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I've had 4 kids go to Darnell. We have had great, hard working teachers. The school does lack technology but we have nothing but praise for the teachers. My kids came home excited about what they were learning. We felt that the teachers were very approachable and got back to our family whenever a question was asked. Thanks for making school a great experience for our family!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

This school has a very bad bullying problem, to the point my child has been coming home bruised and hurt by other kids. He is told not to defend himself and the person who bullies him and abuses him is often not punished.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school is a breeding ground for bullies.

This school needs to be investigated. My child doesn't feel safe going here, and I don't feel safe a lot of the time when I am picking up my child. My son often complains of bullying. I do not take my son to school to be abused by other people's kids. That's not my intention when I am dropping him off. And I will not tolerate it. When I try to pick my son up from school, the other parents are very abusive towards me, and I don't know any of these people. It's like they're mad at life. It's been a few instances where the other parents have tried to cause car accidents on purpose because they have road rage around the school. I have told the school about this, they don't do anything, beside superficially saying they will. I won't tolerate it any longer. Overall this school has a very racist vibe. My child isn't getting a proper education. I cannot wait to pull him out of this school.

Develops character: Neutral

I love the opportunity my kids are given but as far as bullying issues and how mean kids are ...... are just not handled properly.

Both my kids attended this school. So far, teachers we got last year were great......but have seen how other teachers are (since I volunteered) and some yell, talk about their student (not good things) and they look annoyed! Issues with how they handle bullying are not properly handled! Staff in the front office are so rude and unprofessional, both principles are not involved as much. Like another parent review said, PTA has trouble involving parents........ I think it's their fault! They don't advertise the need, or the fun stuff, I signed up and was never called or sent anything at all! I was thinking it was because I was hispanic and they were all white! The events are not as excited and energetic as other schools. I think this school needs to be more involved with students, patents and more consciousness on what bullying is, at least to learn on how to prevent little incident in becoming bigger ones!.

Great teachers, & a very patient and approachable principle! Daughter us gone here for two years and love the school!

Darnell has gone downhill the last two years. Teachers are leaving left and right because of issues with administration. My child lost their teacher midway through the school year two years in a row. They lack proper intervention for children who are struggling in a specific area. I can't wait until my children are zoned for another school. I loathe Darnell.

Great school with great teachers.My kids were and are lucky to go there.Wouldn't have it any other way.Maybe some of the other problems I am reading about starts with parenting.

This school is a joke! My son went to a private school for kindergarten and first grade and got straight A's. He was doing third grade work in the first grade. Unfortunately I lost my job and we could no longer afford the private school anymore. I had to enroll him here and now he is barely passing! I wasn't quite sure why until today. I dropped my son off at safe key and on my way out of the parking lot was almost hit by two vehicles pulling in the exit, come to find out THEY WERE TEACHERS!!!!!! How can they teach our kids if they themselves can't read or follow rules!!!! THANK GOD this will be our last horrible experience at this joke of a school!!!!

Last modified Marshall C Darnell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.