Las Vegas, NV

Posted January 28, 2013
I have 2 children attending this school.My son has a problem with reading and his teacher is going above and beyond to help him which has made a huge difference with his reading.My daughter loves going to this school.They have both made alot of friends and their teachers are great.We really like this school.

Posted March 04, 2010
Our 8 y.o. son's 2nd & 3rd grade teachers have exceeded our expectations in all areas - genuine care for students, calm control of class, academic focus, attention to individual needs, communication with us, & just pleasant personalities. The principal seems more serious & perhaps introverted, one time we called with a question, we were put on hold, & the principal came on line, did not seem rushed, gave attention to the subject, & was pleasant. She was at the fall festival having wet sponges thrown at her face with a smile. The school size & location is wonderful, too. Even though we were concerned about his 1st grade teacher's approach to motivating students, she taught academics well & our son learned the curriculum. From talking with other parents, views of different teachers of various grades have kept our confidence with the school.

Posted February 05, 2010
My child has a horrible teacher and the principal is just as bad. I don't think the principal is very truthful and changes things for her benefit. There are great teachers there but we didn't receive one. The office staff is also very rude.

Howard E Heckethorn Elementary School 0

Posted January 06, 2010
Just moved here from out of state. This is the first week of school for my daughter. My daughter attended a school that had a high standard of academics, better quality of teachers, and a more progressive method for instruction. I think this school is barely adequate. I am looking for a private shcool.

Howard E Heckethorn Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2009
My son has been going to Heckethorn for over a year now. His teacher is absolutely amazing. She truly cares about each student's learning and actually tailors assignments based on educational level. She's fabulous. I have never met the principal, but I see her actively involved with the kids quite a bit. It is a truly great school with amazing, supportive teachers and involved parents. The front desk staff is very pleasant this year.

Posted July 10, 2009
We switched from a private school to Heckethorn and loved it. The teachers are wonderful and really care and cater to each and every student. Can't say enough about how impressed I am.

Howard E Heckethorn Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2009
The Teachers are fantastic. The psycho that works the front desk is horrendous!

Posted September 10, 2008
The administration at this school is horrible. The first year my son attended school there I didn't even know what the principal looked like until an awards assembly at the end of the year. I never see her greeting the children in the morning or saying goodbye in the afternoon. If you have a concern she doesn't want to here it. She stands behind her staff 100% no matter what the problem may be. Most of the teachers are nice but there are definetely some bad apples. I think my son has more common sense then a few of the staff at this school. There is alot of bullying that goes on at this school and alot of staff members who like to yell.

Posted September 02, 2008

Posted May 06, 2008

Howard E Heckethorn Elementary School
5150 Whispering Sands Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89131
Last modified Howard E Heckethorn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Howard E Heckethorn Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top