Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted September 22, 2015
Haven't been here long enough to see anything like this. I am hoping they do

Howard E Heckethorn Elementary School 3

Posted September 22, 2015
We just moved here out of state and the office staff made it bear impossible to register my child. Then after just a few weeks in school they are taking the new kids to make a new classroom. So now my daughter not only had to switch schools due to the move she has to switch everything again. Office staff is understaffed and could use more help. The classes are so small and the kids are literally shoved into the rooms like sardines!

Posted January 11, 2015
This school is great, my son is excelling in all subjects. He is in 2nd grade and so far his teachers have been great. They push him to do better and are always giving him extra activities to do. He is reading at a 5th grade level and is in the 90th percentile in all subjects.

Posted January 28, 2013
I have 2 children attending this school.My son has a problem with reading and his teacher is going above and beyond to help him which has made a huge difference with his reading.My daughter loves going to this school.They have both made alot of friends and their teachers are great.We really like this school.

Posted March 04, 2010
Our 8 y.o. son's 2nd & 3rd grade teachers have exceeded our expectations in all areas - genuine care for students, calm control of class, academic focus, attention to individual needs, communication with us, & just pleasant personalities. The principal seems more serious & perhaps introverted, one time we called with a question, we were put on hold, & the principal came on line, did not seem rushed, gave attention to the subject, & was pleasant. She was at the fall festival having wet sponges thrown at her face with a smile. The school size & location is wonderful, too. Even though we were concerned about his 1st grade teacher's approach to motivating students, she taught academics well & our son learned the curriculum. From talking with other parents, views of different teachers of various grades have kept our confidence with the school.

Howard E Heckethorn Elementary School 1

Posted February 05, 2010
My child has a horrible teacher and the principal is just as bad. I don't think the principal is very truthful and changes things for her benefit. There are great teachers there but we didn't receive one. The office staff is also very rude.

Posted January 06, 2010
Just moved here from out of state. This is the first week of school for my daughter. My daughter attended a school that had a high standard of academics, better quality of teachers, and a more progressive method for instruction. I think this school is barely adequate. I am looking for a private shcool.

Posted November 01, 2009
My son has been going to Heckethorn for over a year now. His teacher is absolutely amazing. She truly cares about each student's learning and actually tailors assignments based on educational level. She's fabulous. I have never met the principal, but I see her actively involved with the kids quite a bit. It is a truly great school with amazing, supportive teachers and involved parents. The front desk staff is very pleasant this year.

Posted July 10, 2009
We switched from a private school to Heckethorn and loved it. The teachers are wonderful and really care and cater to each and every student. Can't say enough about how impressed I am.

Posted May 30, 2009
The Teachers are fantastic. The psycho that works the front desk is horrendous!

5150 Whispering Sands Dr, Las Vegas, NV  89131
Last modified Howard E Heckethorn Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.