Posted October 24, 2014
This school is very bad at helping kids with language difficulties and foreign students. Parent / teacher communication is very poor.

Patricia A Bendorf Elementary School 5

Posted October 03, 2014
This school really isn't bad. Though I would agree, some changes are in store for getting the right teachers in place. Can't blame the attitude of the teachers and what happens in the CCSD district. The education cut backs effects so many schools who have to cope with the money problems school face yearly. To a point that teachers take out of their own pockets to get supplies. Who could be happy with that? Blame the people you voted for in the last election as to why school funds are at a ll time low! Over all this Bendorf is one of the top schools in this district. Only 7 schools out of hundreds ever make a 5 star rating. And this is one of them. Well earned. As a parent with 2 students in this school. I am proud they work hard with what they have. And so little of it they do have. Thanks for a great year!

Patricia A Bendorf Elementary School 5

Posted June 08, 2014
We just got through our first year if Kindergarden and I am very impressed with the level of education that my son received. The teacher was very hands on and spent a lot of assessing each child's individual learning needs. I am glad the principal pushes their teachers. I want my child to have the best education possible without having to worry about how to pay for a private school. We loved our teacher this year!! So far, I give this school 5 stars!

Posted May 23, 2014
We have had nothing but nightmares with this school.My child switched teachers this past Fall. This helped my child tremendously. But the current prinipal is the main ploblem of the place. It is runned like a well run prison. And the principal is the Warden. None of the teachers look happy at all. And half of the specials teacher like library and music teachers are mean to the kids. If you don't like kids why would you be a teacher. At the beginning of. February my child started asking me about going to a different school next year. About a month ago I over heard my child tell somebody that they were NOT going back to Bendorf next year. My child used to LOVE school before Bendorf. Now my child hates school and begs me to pick them up early.

Posted May 23, 2014
The teachers are awesome. However every year teachers leave and new teachers come. Bad management. My kids are in 2nd and 1st grade. They have been there since kindergarten. There was snack time for kindergarten with my first child, but it was dropped with my second. Both complain they do not have enough time to eat at lunch. They have said that recess is before lunch. That is extremely wrong in my book. They have also said that staff rush the kids when eating and THROW AWAY LUNCHES! I have heard parents complaining and they were told it was the students fault they talk too much. WHAT?! I have lived in Vegas my whole life, when I was in school I have never had been rushed or my lunch thrown away and recess was after we were done eating! They will not be attending the next school year. Good luck if you are zoned for this prison. No a prison is 10 more stars than this school.

Posted May 11, 2014
The current principal is not a good leader and should not be a principal. She has her favorites and the rest of the staff stay out of way. She doesn't want parents involved in the school. Many good teachers have left since she was placed here. She did the same things at Ober. Instead of creating a community, she destroys it.

Patricia A Bendorf Elementary School 3

Posted April 28, 2014
Everything rises and falls on leadership. I just can't find much to brag about this school, except that they are really good at regularly sending fundraising opportunities. Compared to the three other schools my child has attended, I'm sorry to say this one has got a firm lock on fourth place.

Posted March 29, 2014
The current principal is terrible. The majority of the staff transferred last year after three years with her as the leader. Many staff will probably leave again. This is the last year for my child. Thank goodness. Don't let test scores fool you.

Patricia A Bendorf Elementary School 4

Posted March 09, 2014
First off, no school is perfect and this one is no exception. I have to boys that attend this school and are in second and fourth grade. They have been here since kindergarten and love this School. I love this School as well. Aside from over crowding in the class rooms I think that the teachers are hands on with each student and cater to their individual needs. I haven't had a negative experience yet and honestly over all I think Bendorf is a great school. Two thumbs up!

Posted November 14, 2013
Other parents... I have already pulled my daughter from this school because of her horrid teacher and experiences with this principal. She doesn't like kids and intimidates and mini pulsates them. Blue ribbon school... Maybe before this principal was there but not because she has done anything to help that. Please... Other parents need to call and make concerns known! We all need to speak out!

Patricia A Bendorf Elementary School
3550 South Kevin Way, Las Vegas, NV  89147
Last modified Patricia A Bendorf Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patricia A Bendorf Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top