Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Since kindergarten my child has not had a good experience her teacher wasn't the best kindergarten teacher ,and nd this is the beginning of her first grade year nd it's not going so well ...This is very disappointing to me,I want my child to love school nd enjoy being there but so far she doesn't, nd complains about not liking school and not wanting to go back..I belive every child should have the best first few years of school ..

My daughter attended kindergarten and first grade in the school she loves going to school she loves to staff the office staff is very friendly I have not met the principal formerly that she is very influential in the student's academic so I do feel this is a wonderful school and I look forward to my daughter continuing to attend

This school is very bad at helping kids with language difficulties and foreign students. Parent / teacher communication is very poor.

This school really isn't bad. Though I would agree, some changes are in store for getting the right teachers in place. Can't blame the attitude of the teachers and what happens in the CCSD district. The education cut backs effects so many schools who have to cope with the money problems school face yearly. To a point that teachers take out of their own pockets to get supplies. Who could be happy with that? Blame the people you voted for in the last election as to why school funds are at a ll time low! Over all this Bendorf is one of the top schools in this district. Only 7 schools out of hundreds ever make a 5 star rating. And this is one of them. Well earned. As a parent with 2 students in this school. I am proud they work hard with what they have. And so little of it they do have. Thanks for a great year!

We just got through our first year if Kindergarden and I am very impressed with the level of education that my son received. The teacher was very hands on and spent a lot of assessing each child's individual learning needs. I am glad the principal pushes their teachers. I want my child to have the best education possible without having to worry about how to pay for a private school. We loved our teacher this year!! So far, I give this school 5 stars!

We have had nothing but nightmares with this school.My child switched teachers this past Fall. This helped my child tremendously. But the current prinipal is the main ploblem of the place. It is runned like a well run prison. And the principal is the Warden. None of the teachers look happy at all. And half of the specials teacher like library and music teachers are mean to the kids. If you don't like kids why would you be a teacher. At the beginning of. February my child started asking me about going to a different school next year. About a month ago I over heard my child tell somebody that they were NOT going back to Bendorf next year. My child used to LOVE school before Bendorf. Now my child hates school and begs me to pick them up early.

The teachers are awesome. However every year teachers leave and new teachers come. Bad management. My kids are in 2nd and 1st grade. They have been there since kindergarten. There was snack time for kindergarten with my first child, but it was dropped with my second. Both complain they do not have enough time to eat at lunch. They have said that recess is before lunch. That is extremely wrong in my book. They have also said that staff rush the kids when eating and THROW AWAY LUNCHES! I have heard parents complaining and they were told it was the students fault they talk too much. WHAT?! I have lived in Vegas my whole life, when I was in school I have never had been rushed or my lunch thrown away and recess was after we were done eating! They will not be attending the next school year. Good luck if you are zoned for this prison. No a prison is 10 more stars than this school.

The current principal is not a good leader and should not be a principal. She has her favorites and the rest of the staff stay out of way. She doesn't want parents involved in the school. Many good teachers have left since she was placed here. She did the same things at Ober. Instead of creating a community, she destroys it.

Everything rises and falls on leadership. I just can't find much to brag about this school, except that they are really good at regularly sending fundraising opportunities. Compared to the three other schools my child has attended, I'm sorry to say this one has got a firm lock on fourth place.

The current principal is terrible. The majority of the staff transferred last year after three years with her as the leader. Many staff will probably leave again. This is the last year for my child. Thank goodness. Don't let test scores fool you.

Last modified Patricia A Bendorf Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.